Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
EvilKitten

Blood Countess

... Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! In the vial, i get fruity (berries and plum). I'm AMAZED, normally gardenia give me such a headache, but when I put it on, I get get kinda a spicy cinnamon-y floral it's absoulutely BEAUTIFUL. I don't get any smoke what so ever, just this beautiful warm spice. It makes me feel seductive. This is definately worthy of a big bottle!!! I think when I'm my ater-ego role (I'm a roller derby girl, my derby name is Madam X-Rated), I'm going to make this my signature scent! :D

Got this as a sniffy in a recent swap. In the vial, I get berries and a deeper floral/spice undertone. Again, think I'm going to have to imp this to test it further.

EDIT: Got a frimp of this today, eager to test it out.

In the imp, I'm getting berries mixed with flowers. Eager to see what it decides to do on my skin.

This is absolutely amazing on my skin. The plum and berries are deepened by the opium, with the lilac, gardenia, and roses lurking underneath. Not even at the drydown yet, and I know this needs to be a bottle. Drydown is still that lovely berry/plum with florals and the deeper opium. Such an amazing scent.

Additionally, Diabolus seems to be my best category.

Edited by Venneh

Floral all the way. I didn't pick up a fruit scent at all. In the bottle, wet on the skin, dry on the skin, early, late, anywhere. This scent was pure, flowery goodness. Picked up mainly lilac and gardenia with a touch of rose.

Which is fine as I adore flowery scents and this one didn't kick off the allergies or anything. A very light, gorgeous floral. Went a bit powdery, but then came back and stayed for hours!

I'm ordering a bottle. Love this!

Wow um yeah, pass a big bottle please. I'm in deep red heaven. This is a beautiful fruit scent with a light underlying floral. Which works out wonderful for me because florals are usually instant powder on my skin but here I can actually smell the flowers beneath the plum and berries. It's oh so heavy and kind of musky and sexy. If there were a scent that I'd color maroon, it would be Blood Countess. If that makes sense.

On my big bottle list as of today.

Well, it was very sweet smelling in the IMP. I couldn't pick out any individual notes. BUT...

On the skin, ROSES. THat's it. No fruit, no spice, no other floral but roses okay maybe a HINT of lilac. It's actually a rose smell I remember from a perfume kit I had when I was a kid. It brings me back. Which is kinda nice but it's not a scent I prefer to wear as an adult. I have a friend who may really enjoy this scent and give it some love.

3 hours later....powder.

Edited by PuppetMistress

In the imp: I smelled something that reminds me of taffy, so that must be the plum.

Wet on skin: I can pick up the flowers, but the plum is dominating.

Dry on skin: As it dries, it becomes darker (as would be fitting :twisted: ). The flowers are coming out more, and the plum is still there.

black plum, smoky opium, roses, lilac, white gardenia, berry.

I love bpal's opium/poppy notes, plum, and gardenia and lilac. I expected a soft smoky plummy floral. But this is sharp. This is bitch sharp. This is going to be my "get stuff done" scent!

eta: I dont think I conveyed the fact that this is gorgeous. Its just mean and beautiful. So heres the more complete review. I smell the same plum and rose combo as in Plush Companion. And Im pretty sure that I smell the opium smoke from Stormclouds on the Midway. Neither of those had this sharpness, maybe that comes from the berry, or the gardenia/berry combo? I really like this, and its a testament to keeping imps past your BPAL newbiness, because the first time I tried this I didnt keep it because the plum was too sweet. (?!)

I still wish it had been the soft smoky plummy floral -- anyone got one of those?

Edited by CaudaPavonis

I bought this because I like berries, roses and lilacs.

In the imp, this smelled kinda awful. I think it's really strong plum. Almost smells like the plum or berries have gone rotten. Underneath that I can get the roses.

I figured it would calm down on the dry down and I was right. . Then it turned into berries and roses. It has a nice throw for a while but it didn't last long. I can barely smell it on my wrists after about 2 hours.

I didn't fall in total love with this on first sniff, but I might add it to the pile to try again before swapping. I might even have to do a death match with some of the other roses before I figure out if this will be a bottle.

Hmm

In imp and first wet, this is strong floral fruit. Think the density of rose flavored turkish delight> add a fruit roll up around it and eat.

Interesting morpher the way the sweetness subsides, rose dominates for a millisecond and then the lilac comes out and sweetens. The process struck me with a fear that the rose would take over and kill it. This didn't happen and the end product is beautiful.

Mmm, my tastes are changing somewhat, and I am discovering that I enjoy the spicy sweetness of DBR. Coupled with lovely berries and plum, two of my fave fruits, this is a spicy, warm bold plum blend. This is strong in the sense that it is strong, sexy and bold. I don't get roses, and normally they really love me, so that is nice, as they tend to make a blend rather sour on me. I most certainly will enjoy the imp while it lasts!

Plum, berries and roses in that order. I'm not a huge rose fan, but the roses in this blend are actually behaving for a change. It's fruity and sweet without being overwhelming. Interesting blend, but not one I'll keep.

This blend starts out with dark purple fruit with spices highlighted by cherry red dragon's blood. I can see it being a sultry dark vampire scent. If there are berries, they run & hide from my skin chemistry. As the scent dries, everything melds together and becomes a bit.... sour. Interesting, but not my style.

In the imp this is ripe and bursting with dark berries and plums! I read rose and lilac and almost didn't even want to sniff this, but there is not a tarce of those evil notes... yet.

Yep there it is... Rose rose rose rose rose. WHY do I have to amp the notes I hate to the point of a hideous headache!

I can't finish this review as the rose is sickly sweet and powdery. It needs to come off now!

After reading the reviews, I was expecting something more subtle, complex and dark.

In the bottle, it smells like cherry cough syrup. Really just like cherry cough syrup, nothing more than that.

On my skin, it becomes a bit more complex. I don't smell rose. I just smell a fruity scent with some background notes that make it a little more interesting.

On me, if there is the possibility of tipping to fruit, a scent will, it seems.

This is not an unpleasant scent by any means, but it's not the dark complex mysterious scent I was hoping for. It is more like Hello Kitty-as-Vampire than Blood Countess. I wonder if time till chill out that cherry scent and make it richer and darker. Maybe it's just that it's freshly blended.

Edited May 12, 2011: I've had Blood Countess almost a year now. I haven't worn it, it's been sitting on my shelf. I put some on last night, and more today, and suddenly I can smell gardenia and berry and it's really luscious and voluptuous. It's really much more appealing now.

Edited by doralice

I was frimped this by jessiesquash in a package recently and I'm glad I was.

Oh my goodness. I do not get along well with florals; I am a foooody girl by nature. Let me just say that the first whiff from the imp immediately made me say, "Mmmmm!" Upon initial application it was a gorgeous berry yum scent. It's dried down to a beautiful berry floral perfume that even I can appreciate.

This is something I can see me wearing in the fall and beginning of winter. Rose usually hates me but it works so well in this! If there are any other BPAL scents like this - then I can definitely appreciate them.

I read a review that mentioned Hellion reminded them of Blood Countess. Hellion is one of my top five scents ever. I received a bottle of Blood Countess today and I immediately slathered myself in it BUT I did not get anything remotely close to Hellion. I couldn't even tell you what I smelled, just that it was sour which makes think it's the lilac and rose. I love the smell of rose but it hates me usually.

It's been a few hours now and I do understand now why people compare the two. It's a very faint Hellion with berries. I do like it. :D

~

Edited by boxinghelena

In bottle/imp: Thick opium smoke among sweet plum and berries.

Immediately on skin: This is fruity, with a lot of dark opium overlaying the entire scent. The fruitiness is dark and rich, but still very sweet. Mostly plum and berry (purple berries… not raspberries or strawberries specifically) with a bit of gardenia, which to me smells more fruity than floral. There’s a sharp fruity bite as well, almost like cherry, and then a light breath of lilac giving the blend a slightly cool feel. Overall this feels like a deep, dark red scent with a deceptively deadly sweetness.

After a little while: The gardenia backs off a bit, and this is now more of a plum and berry scent with an overlay of smokey opium. Dark purple, this almost smells like a plum and berry version of Poisoned Apple now.

Overall Impressions: Very fruity and sinister, this is quite lovely. It’s mostly plum and berry with opium smoke, almost sinister but candy-like. I love the feel I get from this blend.

This has been on my list of stuff to try for a long time-sexy dark fruity floral? Yes please! I also tend to love the lab's plum notes.

Oh yeah, this is sooo sexy in the imp-dark purple and black fruits, opium, and just the right amount of florals to keep this from being foody. I hope this goes well on my skin!

Mmmm yes, sexy sexy sex. The black plum note is just SO good. It's like, a naughtier, darker cousin to bordello. Though, as it dries, it starts to go a bit weird-one of the florals is a bit too white-almost goes...ugh, minty isn't the word but I don't have a better one. It's a bit odd. But...it somehow works. The more I sniff this, even if it is a bit different on my skin than in the imp, the more I like it.

In the end, this dried down to a deep dark plum scent, just a touch powdery (in a pleasant way) and well, I actually sort of lose the flowers in this oddly enough. During the drydown I could smell them more, but on full drydown they kind of went away.

I am not sure I would need a bottle of this ONLY because it reminds me so much of a darker Bordello and I already have a bottle of that. I don't need both. But they are both wonderful and I had sniffed this one first I'm sure I would have bought it and said I don't need Bordello! :lol:

In the bottle: plums, mostly, and some squished ripe berries. I don't smell the floral in the imp at all, only the fruit.

On my skin: plums and berries, gardenia and lilacs! a smoky something or other that I suspect is the opium, this smells like autumn gardens and Kali's revenge. it's sweet, but not too much, and the florals and fruits blend nicely and evenly. the lilacs and gardenias come through more strongly as it dries, and the fruit fades.

Last thoughts: this scent is too strong at times, certainly too much for spring and summer, but it's a dangerous woman's perfume. I think I would wear this when I wanted to seduce someone.

Edited by frecklestars

Riotous in the imp, so many flowers and berries going on you can't pick anything out. Wet, it's a cacophony of florals. I find that I don't like Blood Countess wet at all, on or off skin. But the dry-down is quite lovely - fragrant and unusual, with a hint of darkness from the purply plum and a smoky, somewhat sensual quality from the opium. Nice!

In Imp: Juicy berries. <3

Wet: Still mostly berries, but the gardenia is making it's way to the forefront of this scent. It's very strong and vibrant, something I would have imagined Elizabeth to wear. I'm enjoying this scent greatly, and think it would be absolutely gorgeous on one of my close friends, if it wasen't for the fact she's allergic to gardenia. :(

Dry: Ah, there's the rose. The opium is popping it's head out, now taking a backseat with the berries. Gardenia and rose are strongest, but not necessarily overpowering. Luckily for me, they seem to be mixing, not clashing, with each other. The vibrancy has died down, but still strong, taking an almost sinister turn into a more dark scent.

Overall: Very nice, i'm very much a berry kind of girl, and the fact that my skin generally gets along with rose is a good thing. This is something I would wear again, maybe even buy a bottle of. If you like berries, this is a good scent to try.

This smells distinctly perfumey but tart in the imp.

On my skin when wet, this keeps the amazing tartness of the plum but I can also smell the lilac in the back, giving this a perfumey touch.

This isn't sweet at all, which is wonderful, since I hate really sweet scents, when facing fruit.

When my hand is away from my face I get wiffs of lilac and rose.

When I stick it to my nose it's mainly plum, with just a bit of florals around. I can smell the gardenia, it gives this a strange sort of creaminess, which I really like.

In the drydown, this loses most of its tartness. The plum becomes soft, backed up by the florals.

This is very feminine, in a strange victorian way. This smells like a woman who would make a man feel uncomfortable by just showing him her ankle, and who knowing that would show him her knee...

It smells of feminine cruelty.

So nice.

Out of the Imp: I was a little scared at first, there were so many notes fighting for attention at once. The berries, lilac, and rose hit my nose first. Then comes a bit of spice, which I can only guess is the opium.

Dry on my skin: Sweet with a nice floral tone. I can detect the gardenia after it has dried, and it really is lovely.

Final verdict: I am so, so happy that I decided to try this scent. It smells very sensual and feminine on me. This is def going on my big bottle list :wub2:

This came as a frimp from the lab, thank you! :)

In the bottle: I definitely smell the wild berry, as well as something slightly dust (the opium?) and something else sharp. That might be the crumbling roses, actually.

On skin: The wild berry's still there, as well as maybe the plum? There's almost a bubblegum-ish quality to something here, but I have to think about it before I detect that super strongly. The incense and roses start to come out more as this dries, which I'm completely fine with.

On drydown: As this dries fully, the roses, the opium and the gardenia and lilac get stronger, and the berry and plum fade to the background. I like this more and more as the scent shifts. It gets lovely and incensey and rose-y, and though it's just faintly soapy as well, I don't mind. I have to sniff for the lilac, but it's a pleasure when I find it. :) I could probably wear this to work, as it's not super strong, but I suspect I'll be wearing it just for the heck of it as well. This is a keeper!