Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gleaming black and green! Dark chocolate rum and chilly mint!

I think I am getting tipsy just sniffing this! Dark chocolate rum, the very best and most expensive; icy cold crème de menthe; mixed with the richest chocolate ganache. So delicious! I need a backup bottle or two.

Minty chocolate with a splash of rum. This is the mintiest Andes mint there ever was. If you love Andes mints, pick this one up.

Chocolate Rum Scarab is my favorite of this year's Hallowench perfume oils.

In the decant, it smells like rum and Andes Mints!

Freshly applied, I get the rum and chocolate, and then it became exactly what zee_zee described: the mintiest Andes Mint! I really adore the chilly mint in this one, but alas, it faded in strength over time, and after a few hours, I was left with warm rum, milk chocolate, and just a bit of the chilly mint.

I like this, but I would appreciate it more without the rum note. No bottle for me, but that's only because it didn't remain Andes Mint (extra minty edition!) throughout wear.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Yeeees... 🤤 This starts out as a slightly dirty grasshopper brownie. After a bit, the creamy mint overtakes the chocolate, and a warm sweetness emerges, and this becomes a delectable mint chocolate chip ice cream. After another half hour or so, the mint has faded and I get a sweet, mellow rum fragrance that reminds me a little of sweet pipe tobacco. I'm glad I gambled on a bottle of this. I love chocolate mint, and this one delivers.

Edited by VetchVesper

What a beautiful combo of notes. I get the blast of chilly mint against the dark chocolate. The mint fades in time and i'm left with a non-boozy dark chocolate, a bit sweet and soothing,

Oooooh, the mint really is chilly! Like, when you chomp down on a zippy mint and for a moment feel as if your nose is cold? This smells that same way. I agree with the above reviewer as well who said they got brownies from this as the chocolate is rather subdued and more powdery cocoa like in a brownie mix that chocolate… this blend for me is about the brisk mint. 

I definitely pick up some mallow here, too. Its fluffy. I noticed someone above said this became all chocolate on them at dry down and another said all Rum. Well, mine is all mint. Ha!  It is  still a very striking mint, but not as chilly now.

I am enjoying this, especially for that opening, but I prefer Dragon Slide 100% over this blend because I get more chocolate and the creamy icecream in Dragon Slide makes for a delicious foodie buttery scent. I like mint to be a supporting player, not THE workhorse of the blend. But, hanging on to my decant for that opening which I feel would be absolutely lovely on days when I want something peppy.