Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
voodoocatwoman

Injured Dickchest Alchemy Lab

Forget everything you know about “brand awareness” and consider a timeline in which Injured Dickchest becomes a viral internet sensation, complete with animated TV spinoff and celebrities’ kids repping our merch. If you enjoy being able to afford our products, be grateful that IDAL never made it past the brainstorming stage.

Champaca blossom, bourbon vanilla, pink pepper, and green tea.

I love this.  It's a blast of champaca blossom, very sweet floral.  I know there is no tobacco in it but something is fooling my nose into believing that there is a little tobacco in there somewhere.  I think that this will be a dabbing scent rather than a slather (it could overpower with its sweetness) but it will be one I reach for frequently.  PS-  I am VERY grateful.  It would be sad not being able to afford IDAL products.   

In the decant, this is heavy on the champaca blossom. I get the green tea behind that, and a bit of pink pepper, but I can't pick up on the bourbon vanilla in the vial.

On my skin, the heady champaca blossom is still the star, but the pink pepper and green tea are pretty prominent as well. I am getting more pink pepper on my skin than I did in the decant. The champaca remains the dominant note throughout wear, backed by the bright green tea. The pink pepper calms down significantly over time, and the vanilla comes out after a few hours, but it's light. I wouldn't have expected champaca and green tea to go well together, but they do!

I think this is nice, but not something I need more of. I love the name, though. :lol:

I was really surprised by this scent based on the notes. 

In my decant it smells like vanilla and green tea, with a weird sharp scent that reminds me of citrus. 

On my skin, it smells like citrus Lysol with a hint of rotting fruit underneath. At first the vanilla was quite prominent, so I was hoping it would drown out the cleaner scent. Unfortunately, I was not so fortunate. The weird cleaner scent gets stronger and starts to take on overtones of cheap men’s cologne as the day wears on. 

This has great throw and wear length. Unfortunately, it gives me a headache- which is a pity because it lasted for 24+ hours and through several attempts to wash it off. All of these notes are usually a win for me, so I’m a little confused as to why this scent is *so* bad on my skin chemistry. 

Wet: Green tea and champaca blossom. Kind of like a floral green tea scent; heavy on the floral note.

Dry: My skin has totally amped the champaca blossom and drowned out all the other notes, unfortunately. A tad bit soapy as well. Darn. 

Champaca, green tea and vanilla. It dries down to a champaca, vanilla and a touch of pink pepper. Medium throw and wear length.

I would never, ever have tried this had a generous forumite not done a BPAL PIF of testable empties of the whole set which I won!   Champaca is my enemy, generally.  There's something sick-sweet about it on my skin.  And I never smell the pink pepper note.  It smells quite pretty in the bottle, a kind of floral vanilla tea, but champaca's fruitiness increases the moment it hits my skin.  Yep, starting to amp the champaca in that cloying way.  If champaca is good on your skin, this is going to be lovely on you.  Not on me, sadly. 

By the way, I think Injured DIckchest is a terrific nickname for our newest supreme court justice. 

Heavy, heavy champaca. This is a thick, sweet floral that I find a little overwhelming, and I don't really get any of the other notes. I was kind of hoping for more of a spiced floral green tea scent, because I really love all the other listed notes, but this is all champaca all the time on my skin.

Rich champaca and peppery bourbon vanilla.  Green tea came much, much later.  The throw was moderate.  This one was nice, but not one I would reach for again as it was pretty intense for work.

(still a little amused that I wore Injured Dickchest to work without knowing it...I grabbed an imp and put some on without reading the name or the notes.)

This is kind of ridiculously charming. It is so high on the perfumey scale, you might as well have walked into a perfume store, and of course that's thanks to the wafty champaca doing its bright, high-pitched thing. I always see champaca as a very "shining" note. Sometimes so shining, it is smug and full of itself for being so shiny and pretty. Here, though, it has a real sense of humor. The pink pepper/tea give it a breezy, cheerful, sprightly kind of attitude, the way Tweedledee does. I would actually highly recommend it for fans of that blend, because it has the same kind of charm.

Surprisingly, Injured Dickchest is quite sweet and not just in a floral way. While I don't pick up specifically vanilla, there's a richly sweet undercurrent beneath the shining white of the champaca, sprinkled with the spicier notes of pink pepper (a "cute" kind of pepper, to my nose) and a cool, mellow green tea. It's a lovely combination, nearly three years later, and I'm digging it. VERY strong, like a little goes a long way, and it stays very noticeable for a long time. You'd have to be in a Mood to wear this one, but fortunately, it's a good mood for me. Keeping my bottle!

Enjoying some Injured Dickchest on this fine spring morning. :hippie: It's such a quirky blend, and a great example of different notes blending together to create something unique. I don't really get the bourbon vanilla distinctly, but I'm guessing it adds to the huskiness of the whole and gives the fragrance some weight.  Overall, I'd call this a champaca perfume, but the green tea just adds this weird greeness, while the pink pepper adds a smoky, spicy mélange. It's reminding me a little bit of "Snakes Slithering Through Stinging Nettles."

But yeah - odd, smoky, spicy, green champaca incense. Medium weight. It's a weird one, but my imp grew on me till I had to track down a partial, and I'm very glad I did.  :)