Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

Sugar Cookie 2011:

This is heavily spiced (lots of nutmeg, some cinnamon) sugar cookie dough, and a little bit boozy. Someone was drinking in the kitchen!
Not what I was expecting, but I kind of like it in a weird sort of way.

Sugar Cookie 2011

In bottle: Yummy!! Cinammon and sugar, smells a bit like a snickerdoodle!

On wet: More of the spice comes out, especially the nutmeg, cinammon....and...something else. I came downstairs and my roommate said, "Woah, you smell like Christmas."

Drey: The spiciness remains, the vanilla cookieness is gone. I'm ok with that, I have other baker scents. I love how much this scent evokes Christmas for me. Unfortunately this is one that my skin wants to eat up, so in about 1.5 hours there was but a lingering hint of spice.

Good thing I grabbed a bottle!

Sugar Cookie: Yule 2012

I love foody scents so jumped on this one when they announced it this year!

wet: it smells exactly like yummy raw cookie dough! YAY! :joy:

on skin: yep, lovely cookie dough. I want to nibble on my wrist!

dry down: well, damn, my skin found the cinammon in this one too :eek: and after an hour that is all I smell now. Shoot, I was so looking forward to this one!

2012 decant...

Smells like buttery, warm sugar cookie wet.

On me, it is more noticeable that it smells VERY similar to Pumpkin V 2012. The only difference is this is more heavy on the vanilla while the latter was heavier on the spice. Both smell like the exact same spice note- cinnamon/nutmeg.

It is not so much of a baked smell as it is a raw cookie dough smell as it dries down. I liked the smell wet better. I just wish less of the cinnamon was there since it is too similar to Pumpkin V. Spices are amped up. Plus it reminds me more of a snickerdoodle, so calling it snickerdough might match the scent more closely.

Sugar Cookie 2012

In the decant, it smells super-super sweet. Just sweet. And that's the first note that hits my skin, and then the lovely warm baking spices burst into being, giving the sweetness a context: cookie. I smell a lot of cinnamon, a good deal of nutmeg, and some clove as well.

Well, now it's been an hour and a half, and it hasn't morphed at all. Which is pretty astounding, considering that my skin used to gobble up spices and amp sweet. Which means I think it smells delicious, but I'm betting my partner is going to HATE IT. (He has this weird resentment for most pie and cider spices. :rolleyes:

Oh well. That means half an imp is the perfect amount for me.

Sugar Cookie 2012

I LOVE this.

Wet, it's pure sugar cookie, right from the oven. It goes through a bit of an odd phase as it's drying, but after about 10 minutes it's just fantastic. Sugar cookies with clove and spice and vanilla extract. This is delicious!!

Other Sugar Cookie versions were too sickly sweet on me, but this year's was perfect. Rich, sugary, spicy, buttery cookie goodness. A tiny bit rummy too, but in a good way. Happy I can wear this classic!

This is so delicious!

Wet, it smells like cookie dough, and I get the spices right away.

Dry, and for the first several hours it really smells like snickerdoodles. That's fine, because I love snickerdoodles.

After 4 hours (when other versions of Sugar Cookie were faint memories), this turns into a perfect sugar cookie! A sweet, warm, bakery smell that is heaven! The throw isn't strong, but it's more than a skin scent.

I am so happy this lasted so long and smelled so wonderful! And I just slathered moderately, not with abandon.

2012, from a Ralenth decant.

ITI: Buttery, spicy baked goods! Yum, yum!

On Skin: Wet, cinnamon rolls slathered in buttercream frosting.

Dry, the cinnamon jumps ahead of the warm, buttery sweetness. This doesn’t remind me much of a sugar cookie, but it is certainly edible. And as the nickname suggests, it is spicy hot and tempting. I can picture wicked little red-horned devils shoveling ooey-gooey pastries out of the oven, onto platters, and into the faces of hapless dieters everywhere!

My nose is broken... something in this is making me think of peaches o.O Not fresh ones, more like grilled peaches. Maybe it's the boozy note? Either way, it's spicy and delicious!

ETA: The drydown goes fairly maple-syrup-y on me as well. Mother Shub's Cthulhustollen reminded me more of cookies/baked goods than this one did particularly. Maybe aging will bring out the cookie goodness!

Edited by Zaani

Mmm, I definitely smell cinnamon and the dough. And something else… what is it? Like cookies with chunks of something in it. A bit like a lemon cookie maybe… I keep getting the feeling that there is something (very subtly) fruity about this. Maybe there really is lemon or perhaps I'm just making some kind of odd scent association (cinnamon = cider)?

Regardless, I like Sugar Cookie '12 quite a bit. Not one of my top foodie blends, but I'm glad I picked this up.

got a frimp of the 2011 version, and it's a prime of example of why i can't do/dislike foody scents. some spice in this, that seems really familiar, is reminiscent of cat pee on me. not sure what it is though. so it's like a spicy cookie with a hint of cat pee. most foody scents always find a way to turn rancid on me.

Wow, this one is definitely a spicy cookie! Lots of cinnamon, nutmeg, and very little cookie. Comforting and warm, but I rarely wear these kind of blends, though other people always seem to comment positively when I do wear them. Reminds me of some of the spicy pumpkin blends.

2008 version

Decant: Vanilla, butter, rum?, and caramel. Hubby says this smells like coffee and I can see where he's coming from (it reminds me of Miskatonic U). It's very deep and caramelized... not at all the buttery-fluffy-white I was expecting.

On: Skin chemistry strikes again! All the depth goes out of this and it ends up smelling like a vaguely plasticky vanilla. Womp womp. I'll be passing this one to my husband. :(

2012:

This is my all time favorite cookie scent! It smells like a perfectly delicious sugar cookie. Sweet and decadent but not too buttery. It's perfection. :wub2:

2011:

Is also a delicious sugar cookie scent but more buttery and has a lot less throw than 2012, and short wear time. :yum:

EDIT to add 2008:

Oh my goodness! This one is amazing!!! A lot like 2012 with less spice I'd say. It smells just like eating sugar cookie dough that hasn't been cooked yet, and I freaking love that! It has a tad lower throw then 2012 BUT is so delicious I don't mind sniffing my arm all day. It's also going strong still after 3 hours of wear... :wub3:

Edited by vanilla323

2008 version:

A bit of brûlée in the bottle, but it goes on and stays on as delicious sugary raw cookie dough. Amazing. After a few hours it settles into the crystally toasted-sugar note of Sugar Skull, which is just fine with me. mmmmmmm this is lovely.

I've got the 2008 version...and I love this. It's all fresh-out-of-the-oven snickerdoodle, large throw, and it doesn't morph in my skin. Lasts hours, and gently just quiets and fades away after a long time.

Delicately spicy, warm, buttery, the kind of vanilla that doesn't smell fake-y at all, crisp edges of cookie that have just begun to caramelize...it's perfect.

I have the 2011 version.

It's a very strong vanilla and cinnamon. It's smells like cookies in the oven that need about 5 more minutes. They are still a little soft, but they are almost done so the whole house still smells great. I even get the warmth from it. I don't really like smelling like food, so I'm going to pass this on, but it is a really nice scent.

(2008 version.)

Wet: Cookies, with extra vanilla! A few warm spices in the background, and totally delicious smelling. (It smells more like a snickerdoodle than a sugar cookie, IMO.)

Dry: Yep. Snickerdoodle! Borderline raw snickerdoodle cookie dough.

I'll usually reach for Butter Rum Cookie over this when I'm wanting a cookie-foodie scent, but this still gets a lot of love from me (especially in Fall/Winter). :yum: 

2005 version:

Love it! There's a hint of cherry in the bottle and on the skin when freshly applied that develops into a lightly-caramelized crystal sugar topping. There was something a bit watery up-close in the drydown. But it transforms into a crunchy sugar cookie - almost shortbready - with a bit of give in the middle.

this is for the 2011 version. 

it smells so good in the bottle like snickerdoodle cookie dough, but on my skin it’s pure cinnamon :cry2:

my skin always does this with cinnamon!! so frustrating. 

2020 version.

Awww man. I am definitely going to need a bottle of this.

This is the best unadulterated sugar cookie scent that I've ever tried. Most sugar cookie scents end up being more Lofthouse cookie and smell more like frosting than actual cookie, or the sugar cookie is so buttery that it is off-putting. This sugar cookie has avoided those pitfalls and smells just like warm, homemade sugar cookies encrusted with sugar. There's a pinch of cinnamon, but really, just a pinch. I tend to amp spice notes, and I did not get a ton of it here. It smells toasty and sugary and features the right amount of butter. When I sniff this, I can actually visualize breaking apart a fresh sugar cookie warm from the oven. :dance: 

I like this waaaaay more than the Lab's Sugar Cookie Hair Gloss, which was more about the frosting.

So glad I finally got to experience the wonder that is the Lab's Sugar Cookie. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

I was delighted to see Sugar Cookie return. I haven't tried it and the pandemic has brought about a special love for cookie scents. I almost blind-bottled it.

Since the decant arrived, though, I've been going back and forth with it. It had some initial funkiness that seems to have settled down. Now I just wonder if it's too buttery.

On the wand, this is a sweet cinnamon sugar over an almond-extract sugar cookie.

Freshly applied, this is a sweet cinnamon sugar over a warm cookie -- which quickly morphs into a phenomenally buttery butter cookie. Dear skin: I suspect you.

The cinnamon sugar fades, leaving mainly a butter cookie. 

Mixed feelings.

Edited by Casablanca

This review is for the 2020 Winter release!

A sweet and crumbly stack of sugar cookies!  There's a hint of vanilla and cinnamon sugar in here as well, it's simple and lovely. I think the cinnamon is a bit on the stronger side than most of the other notes on me, it resembles a faint Butter Rum Cookie to me. Definitely a little bit buttery and warm as well. While it's very sugary sweet, I don't think there's a frosting note in this. So if you want a cookie scent that sweet but not frosting sweet, this could be a good option.

I don't think I'll be getting an upgrade since I'm a fan of other types of cookie notes, but this is really nice. I think this could work good with layering if you want to smell like cookies.