Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

First sniff from the bottle- Baking sugar cookies!

After 10 minutes- Woh this is buttery! It almost smells like movie theater popcorn! Yes...that is exactly what it smells like, but buttered popcorn with sugar on top. Caramel corn maybe? This is making me hungry!

After 30 minutes- This sort of has a burnt smell to it. Like a sugar cookie with blackened edges.

Summery- This is way to rich and buttery on it's own, but I think it will be perfect layered over some sugar skull or maybe Samhain. :P

Bleah. Unfortunately I didn't like the smell of Sugar Cookie in the bottle or on my skin. I just got some sort of weird spicy smell that made my nose tingle in a bad way. :P I think it is similar to why I really despise Gluttony. Just not a scent for me. But that's ok because I swapped it and someone else can give it the love it deserves :D

at first: spicier than i expected. not overly sweet. very nice and warm

on: very sweet at first, but then more spicy. this is fun and very pretty.

half an hour later: weird. this has gone very dough-y on me. like bread dough.

2 hours later: better. still a bit too much dough for me, but definitely spicier.

6.5 hours later: very soft and spicy.

overall: i don't know how often i'll wear this, but it is a very comforting scent.

Origin:

I got an imp of this from ChupaChup. :D

Preconceived notions:

I didn't originally order this because I'm not big on foody scents, but Spark (I believe) mentioned it smelling like Villainess' Gingernsnapped smooch and someone else said it smelled like snickerdoodles, so I had to give it a shot. :P

First sniff:

Well, I'll be...Spark was right! This does smell quite similar to Gingersnapped (the smooch, not the soap) to me! This does bear more of a resemblance to snickerdoodles than sugar cookies, but it's still not quite dead-on snickerdoodle, either. It's more like cinamon sugar and maybe some ginger that it is a cookie for me, but I still like it.

Wet on skin:

Same as in the imp, really. This smells a tiny bit more like snickerdoodles now, which is perfectly fine by me because I do like the way they smell (and taste). This, for me, is actually more similar to Villainess' Gingersnapped than Gingerbread Poppet was, which is odd, but fine by me. :D

Dry down:

I'm craving snickerdoodles something terrible now. :D

I don't normally get food cravings from perfume because I don't normally wear foody scents, so this is all new territory for me. Sugar Cookie on me is really far more like Snickerdoodle. There's a heavy cinnamon sugar note here that swings the balance away from it being a true (in my opinion) sugar cookie scent. That's alright, though, because I prefer snickerdoodles to sugar cookies any day of the week. :D

The bottom line:

This definitely won't be an everyday scent for me since I'm not normally a foody scent kind of girl, but I really like it all the same. :evil:

Boy HOWDY do I love this....

...like one of those yellow bears that used to hold cinnamon sugar?

The cinnamon in inferno burned me until I howled...but this is GORGEOUS! Definitely more of a cinnamon edge than a normal sugar cookie would have, but still sweet, still foody.

On me, it's very much the same from the bottle to the wrist/neck...today I put it in my hair and could smell the cloud of it all around me -- and it was divine.

Wouldn't want it in the summer (winter is the key, really) but twelve thumbs up!

Hmmm. I was expecting something utterly different. To me, when I smelt this in the bottle, it smelt like a weaker version of Gingerbread Poppet, with some clove in it.

Undeterred, I put it on, and for couple of minutes, it was quite nice. But then it just turned to clove. I dont even know if this has clove in it, but a while ago someone sent me an imp of "sweet clove" and it smelt exactly like this. Highly disappointed I have to say.

It seems like I havnt had much luck at all with the LE's so far.

I got an imp of this from kimmer and I feel supremely lucky!

This is heavenly. It's warm and buttery and cinnamon-y and just yummy. I keep wanting to lick myself.

It did start off as more of a sugar cookie smell, but it ended up as more of a snickerdoodle. No complaints here. It's fantabulous!

On me this was a little bit sweeter and less spicey then GB Poppet. I ended up swapping it because I have plenty of the poppet!

In the vial it smells like a spicier and more cookie-ish version of Gingerbread Poppet. Wet on my skin it had a hint of booze, and became very heavy on the nutmeg with a hint of what I think is anise. It then became to smell sharper and more acrid, if not burnt. And then it morphed into spicy latex gloves in under five minutes. This definitely doesn't agree with my chemistry and is off to swaps.

This was spicier than I had expected. It has a nice and yummy cookie fragrance, but is very buttery at the same time, and not in a pleasant way. It really reminds of Gluttony, which didn't agree with me at all. :P It must be the butter fragrance I guess.

In the bottle: Nutmeg, clove, ginger and sugar

First on: This reminds me of my mother's kitchen while she was doing holiday baking. Mincemeat tarts, ginger snaps, chocolate rum balls, shortbread.

After a few seconds: This scent is orgasmic, there is a slight fruity note to this that I can't really identify. It also holds buttery tones, spice and cake.

After a few minutes: It smells like allspice cake that has burnt ever so slightly on the bottom. The fruity note is still there, and I still can't put my finger on it but I recognize it.

After an hour: This is just allspice cake now, the fruity note is gone. The "burnt" note is a bit more noticable, but I'm still having to prevent myself from chewing on my arm. :P

This to me is the definition of a gourmand scent. For one who is excessively fond of eating and drinking, or one who is heartily interested in good food and drink.

Edited by Spastik_Kitty

I don't seem to have had much luck with the Yule LE's, unfortunately! Sugar Cookie is great in the bottle, but develops the wood-smoky undertone that plagues me with many BPAL scents pretty quickly. It isn't as sweet as I was expecting, but is a nice spicy warm fragrance that would probably be great as a room scent. Not a keeper for me; I prefer the sweetness of Sugar Skull.

I totally dig this.

dabbing it on my wrists & curling up for a nap is now one of my favorite activities.

the spice factor caught me off guard at first, but now I've gotten used to it. to me, sugar cookie smells just like snickerdoodle cookie dough. it's slightly cloying, uncooked, and divine. too much would make me queasy, but a small amount hits the spot. :P

it's not an everyday scent - it's more of a comfort scent, much like comfort food.

In the bottle this smells slightly rancid to me, I was absolutely gutted. However, when I put it on I was soooooo relieved, it smells of baking, literally of cookies. As with the Gingerbread Poppet the baking smell faded quite quickly on me, but I was left with a cinnamon-y version of Sugar Skull, so I wasn't complaining.

I recently got an imp of this as I missed out on the Yule update last winter. In the bottle it smells like sugar cookie dough- yum! However on my skin this smells like pure cinnamon and nothing else. Just cinnamon. I'm so sad this one didn't work for me. Oh well, I will add it to my swap pile.

i wasn't too crazy about this one when i smelled it in the imp; it smelled BURNT to me. like the time i was baking cookies and screwed up and used funky tartar and then accidentally overbaked them.

i can't wear this.

In the Bottle: Sugar cookies, plain & simple.

On skin: A bit spicier, like nutmeg or cinnamon, with the obvious scent of sugar dough. I get hungry wearing this. It’s the only sugar cookie scent I’ve smelled that has those obvious spices in it, making it so much more real. I’m looking to see if I have crumbs on me. After a while, the cinnamon is strongest sadly, I don’t like how it overpowers the sweet sugar note. But still a scent I love.

Bottle (Imp): Oooh, it's very sweet, but I can't quite pick out sugar cookies from it. Must be something that happens when put on.

Just On: BAM! I smell like cooookies!! Yummy sugar cookie scent starts to take over the instant it touches my skin. THe Mate says it's nice (he always says that, silly man). I could start singing "Memories", because this smells so much like the sugar cookies my Great Grandma used to make for us. It's downright incredible how Beth managed to put sugar cookies in a bottle like that. I'm pretty glad I spent more than I should have to get this imp. I'll be hoarding this one, and guarding it carefully. Mostly so I can use it whenever I want to think of family.

An hour or two later: While it has faded some, it still smells pretty nice, and sugar cookies rule my wrists. I'll have to make sure I don't use this one when I'm feeling wistfully nostalgic, or I might wind up crying. It's a beautiful scent, and it doesn't seem to change or have any bad notes to it.

Around 6 hours: I can still smell the cookies, and though it's faded some, it's still as pretty as when I first got it on. I can't quite say this is my favorite so far (which is in actuality a good thing, since it's discontinued), but it's certainly in the running for the top three.

12 hours: Well, it's faded away to nothing, but I guess that's okay.

Overall: I truly enjoyed this scent, and would not hesitate to buy it were it available again. I bet it would smell good layered with something chocolate too.

After reading other reviews: I don't get much of the cinnamon at all with this. Maybe a vague whiff of it in the imp, but it's all sugar cookie to me, all the way through.

In the bottle: Egg Nog with extra nutmeg!

On skin: Fortunately, Sugar Cookie likes me more than Egg Nog did :D . Unfortunately, the fresh-baked cookie scent died a quick death. The scent it left behind was nutmeg, clove, sweet cinnamon and allspice--this actually smells very like the Yankee Candle Baking Spices candle! :P

This is lovely...not sure if I'm braced for "what's baking?" comments, but...lovely :D

In the bottle: Very warm and buttery.

On skin: Warm, buttery sugar cookies. Very yummy! Made me wanna lick my wrist.

Eventually, this faded to just a cinnamony smell. Still nice, but spicey. I like this, but it didn't last long on me.

Wow. This is seriously true to its name! This is sugar cookie, and it's immediate sugar cookie. After about 10-15 minutes, it becomes slightly more Snickerdoodle, as more cinnamon comes out. And a few minutes after that, it becomes rather gingersnapish. Really nifty. Very very interesting, very yummy. I fear this will kill my diet though. On the other hand, if I were to see my home, I'd *so* use this as a room scent when buyers came to look. :P

*applause* to Beth. On sheer artistry, I'm impressed. Yum!

Sugar Cookie has taught me what people mean when they say that a scent has gone to "Play-Doh." Sniffing it from the bottle, it was...interesting. Actually, from the bottle, it was amazing from a technical perspective. How did she get the smell of sugar and flour into an oil? It actually smells like baking cookies.

On my skin, something immediately goes horribly wrong. It smells like the devil left the butter and eggs out of his cookies and, instead, made them with a terrible, gluey, flour and water dough. It is homemade play-doh, sprinkled with cinnamon and it doesn't smell at all edible.

It takes a couple of hours for the icky glue scent to go away, but eventually Sugar Cookie becomes a nice cinnamon roll sort of scent that hangs close to my skin and is actually quite delicious.

I had high hopes for this one, but the glue phase is too long for me to want to wear it again. I'm still intrigued by the scent and happy I got to try it. I'm just glad I traded for an imp instead of buying a full bottle.

I'm a big fan of the foody, sugar scents so naturally this is right down my ally. This is one STRONG scent, the baked goods cinnamon scent lasts for HOURS on me. this one has actually prompted my boyfriend to roll down the car windows! I love it, I wear it to work, which is stinky and smelly (dog grooming) and I can actually still smell the cinnamon at the end of the day. I didn't think I was a big cinnamon fan, but sugar cookie softens up the bite of the cinnamon with yummy, baked smoothness. A+, I hope they'll bring her back someday!! :P

I just tried this one and this stuff is strong. I smelled it in the mail box. I smelled it in the room and I didnt even open it yet.

Sad to say that this smelled too much of cinnamon and spices rather than a traditional sugar cookie. So much so that I had to wash it off. I was hoping for the more buttery aspect of this. It really reminded me of Shub-Niggurath, same baked ginger and spices quality.