Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

Initial Impression:
Mmm smells just like the real thing

After Wearing It:
In the bottle, this smelled just like sugar cookies; on my skin it smelled pretty odd. I got more of shortbread smell than a sugar cookie smell, and while I could smell the cinnamon others had talked about in this scent, it wasn't very strong for me. Flour was mostly what I smelled, almost to the point of the scent smelling mealy. About an hour into the scent something jam-like appeared in the scent too. Not exactly fruity, but fruity like. It actually made me think of poptarts, un-iced, the filling maybe something like apples or figs. But mild, like smelling it from across the room while it's in the toaster, rathing than holding it in your hand. It was very weird.

Final Thoughts:
I really wanted this one to smell sweet on me because I LIKE sweet, foody scents. I will wear it a few more times though before deciding whether or not I like it, because it's been in my experience that scents I don't like (but expected to like) the first time smell really different to me on the second or third I wear them.

Even before I start writing my review, Caitfish has me peeing myself laughing with this ...

Yay, cookies! Math is hard! Let's bake cookies! (:

One of the defining moments of my life, captured forever on national TV, had me blurting out "Math class is hard, said Barbie!" I was hoping no one would understand what I said but sadly the closed captioners did for perpetuity ... :P

Anyway, back to Sugar Cookies!!! Not that I can add much that others didn't but damned if I won't try ...

BOTTLE: Darkly sweet, a burnt caramelized scent that is slightly less sweety-sweety than I expected but that's not a bad thing ...

I went for it, knowing I'd probably be the only person in my office today, and slathered on wrists, crooks of arms, behind ears and cleavage.

WET: It smells very Starbucks to me. A strong whiff of hazelnut, I feel like one of those frothy concoctions with whipped cream. I am not getting the cinnamon note everyone is talking about while it's wet, but when I close the bottle I can smell it strongly ON the bottle, from when I opened it earlier, and I can smell it on my fingers ... I have an imp of Gluttony on order and this is kind of what I imagine that will smell like ...

DRYDOWN: As soon as this dries, it morphs into cinnamon. I smell like a stick of Big Red gum. I LOVE cinnamon!!!

I love this and my only complaint, though complaint is too strong a word, is that it doesn't last long enough. I could see this being wonderful to layer with a few other slightly more complex BPAL scents ... I'm thinking a Sugar Cookie/Gingerbread Poppet combo might be the next order of the day ...

I don't really have much to add, since on me it smelled exacty like the smell that wafts from the oven while you're baking snickerdoodles.

I'm still a little undecided how ok I am with smelling like that, since it's not very perfume-y. But I like it, i's cool. It lasts about half a day on my skin.

This one, like Gingerbread Poppet, I think would really benefit from aging a couple of months, so the scent has a chance to warm and deepen.

Yum. Cookies. Snickerdoodles. Baked to a lovely golden brown.

Nobody but Beth could capture the scent of a baked cookie.

On me, this is a dry, spicy blend.

It smells absolutely delicious (but I can't go out smelling like a cookie). Something about being overweight and smelling like sweets. I can't do it.

In the bottle, Sugar Cookie is a lovely "baking" sort of smell with spices and sugar. However, my skin does unspeakable things with it - the spices become overpowering, and the baked goods smell "off", and in the end I feel marginally ill because of it. It's an incredible blend, but not on my skin. I've swapped this one.

When I first put this on, it was a bit overpowering and I'm not into foody scents. I gave it a while to calm down and by the end of the evening, I was loving this. It is very warm and comforting and after a while, I don't exactly smell like a sugar cookie. I get slight spice and vanilla (baked sort of vanilla) but I don't get the strong cinnamon others have spoke of. I like this as it is very nurturing, sort of like eating a plate of sugar cookies without the calories. I'll be keeping both of my bottles.

this is one foody scent i definitely do not mind keeping around. it smelled yummy in the bottle, so i just put it on and went "OH MY GOD!" i ran into the office and shoved my wrist under my grandma's nose, and we both went, "how do they do it? how can perfume smell so edible?"

this oil pretty much floored me more than any other BPAL has. immediately, it smelled like eggy dough, rolled in nutmeg and cinnamon and freshly plopped in the oven. i can't believe how WONDERFUL this is! this is christmas personified. it makes me think of mrs. claus making cookies with her elves, her kitchen illuminated by a giant, glowing hearth.

and yes, i will admit that i just stuck my tongue to my wrist. mm, cinnamon. i wouldn't suggest it, though.

In bottle: Not quite what I expected. This definitely doesn't smell like the sugar cookies made at the bakery I once worked at. It's far richer than those bland cookies; I'd almost say it was booze-y.

On me: It's far too rich to be like any sugar cookie I've ever encountered. It's darker; more of a molasses cookie or perhaps a snickerdoodle.

i love how sugar cookie smells in the bottle. so yummy, so edible, so fresh baked...i've tried it 3 times so far, my hope winning out over my memory.

cause on m, it goes bad :P first the cinnamon takes over and i smell like a red hot. then that hightails it out of here, and i smell like a really old, musty, dusty thing that maybe, once, used to be a cookie, if you squint and sniff it at just the right angle.

so sad about this. i can't quite bring myself to swap it yet, as i keep hoping it will work one of these days...

In the bottle: I don't get any "sugar" outta this sugar cookie.. smells vaguely cookie-ish, but more like a spicy cookie than a sugar one..

On: Oh dear goodness, it instantly turns into giant, super-strength Red Hots/Big Red Gum... (like, if Altoids made red-hots, this might be close) Totally overbearing, actually. If I wasn't in the car, I probably would've washed it off ASAP. By the time I got to work, it wasn't quite as strong, so I decided to leave it on and see what it did... unfortunately, it didn't do nothing except get weaker over the next couple hours.. :D

I'm so glad that the cinnamon in Gingerbread Poppet didn't do the same thing on me.. I would've cried if they both went Red Hot..

So sad.. :P I wanted to smell like sugar cookies. :D

Edited by harlequin

Ohhh...OHHHHH! This one caused me possibly the most visceral reaction I have ever had with a BPAL--I turned to Brian and said, "I want a cookie! I WANT A COOKIE NOW, DAMMIT!" And almost wept at the lack of cookies, because this smells like heaven. This is not just the smell of eating a fresh hot crispy spicy cookie, this is the smell of getting laid by a fresh hot crispy spicy cookie. :P :D

I will never again wear it unless cookie-dough ice cream is nearby in large quantities.

:D :D :D

So the reality is...I never WAS a big fan of sugar cookies... And in the rare instance I DO eat cookies, I'm more of still-super-hot-and-gooey-chocolate-chocolate-chip girl... I mean, if you're going to indulge! *lol*

But SuGaR CoOkIe...? :D OoOoohhh...from the Devil's Bakesale indeed!

Hot, sugary fabulousness...!!! :D

I couldn't stop smelling my wrist...not to mention I had the overwhelming urge to go out and find fresh baked SUGAR COOKIES!!!

B.P. rocks! :P

*Purgatori*

Sugar Cookie

:P

Note to self: always trust Beth.

I initially didn't order Sugar Cookie because I had a fat bottle of Sugar Skull that I loved and hugged and smarmed and wore and adored and, shit -- did I need another Sugary type blend? Ironically, the first day that I'd really gone hog wild with the Sugar Skull was the day that I decided I had to order the Sugar Cookie, despite my initial fears that they'd be two peas out of the same sweet peapod.

I was so wrong. Sugar Cookie is so very spicey, warm, and just sexed up happy where as Sugar Skull is more the sweet blends of sugars and molasses. Cardamom and Cinnamon in a buttery sort of swirl is the first thing that I smell. ANd it's cardamom and, maybe clove? that I smell throughout wearing it. It's grown on me throughout the day. At first I was lukewarm on it, but by the third trip into bottle sniffing, it was love, love, love for the devil cookies -hooboy!

It's also been a big hit around work today. :D

In the bottle, Sugar Cookie was rich (and i mean RICH) sugar cookies baking, just getting brown around the edges.

On my skin, it smelled like a flaky pastry dough, still golden but less sweet, then quickly turned into FIERY red hot cinnamon. I can still smell the baking cookies underneath but my skin seems to love cinnamon!

After a few hours...ok, this does smell exactly like snickerdoodles.

The cinammon has died down a bit.

I love it, and will probably use most if not all of my bottle, but I wish that the cinnamon demon phase was shorter in duration on me.

Edited by Jasminepearls

Initial Sniff: Rich, buttery, sweet and spicy... COOKIES!!! Hot - fresh from the oven. :P

Wearing: This very quickly went Red Hots cinnamon on me, drowning out every bit of buttery sweetness. As it dries, the sweetness reappears... it smells like Snickerdoodles, but just a little... off. I'm not sure what keeps it from being dead-on, but trying to figure out is distracting me.

Final Impressions: I like this, but I am not floored by it. It lasts all day, which is a good thing!

In the bottle I smell spicy cookies. Strong cinnamon instead of sugar. Very buttery, warm and brown but not quite baked. More like what cookies smell like when you’ve just popped them in the oven. Hot, raw, spicy cookie dough. Not a hint of sugar or vanilla for me.

Stays true for a few seconds after it hits my skin and then the cinnamon heats up with a vengeance and doesn’t let go. My own chemistry apparently amps up and twists the cinnamon and spices in this blend to a level where they overwhelm all the other notes and, sadly, me.

On opening the cap, I swear this smells like Egg Nog to me. Must be the nutmeg and cinnamon tripping my scent memory. On second whiff (and I made sure to take a nice deep breath), I get the cookie smell. And how! Totally reminds me of the cookies my mom used to make for the neighborhood cookie exchange.

On my skin, it smells even more cookie-like and more like buttery cinnamon. Whoa cinnamon. Whoa loads of red-hots! Like I just rubbed my face in a box of cinnamon Altoids, without the pain. I like it, but it's still a bit foody for me.

Sugar Cookie smells to me like a blend of Gingerbread Poppet with a touch of Sugar Skull. It reminds me of the crisp edges of a sugar cookie right out of the oven. I have actually used it to quell cravings for dessert!

When I want to kick Sugar Cookie into serious sweet tooth territory, I layer it with Sugar Skull and walk around in a cookie cloud.

This is not the generic buttery-cookie smell I expected. Sugar Cookie is not very sugary at all on me. It's more like what I expected from Gingerbread Poppet--spicy but with a soft edge. What a pleasant surprise! :P

My beautiful friend Jen sent me an imp of this one, and wow, it knocked my socks off. Think of a sugar cookie mixed with a gingersnap, and you get this scent. How Beth managed to pull it off, I will never know, and I am not complaining. Not at all synthetic, and the stuff is making me crave some fresh baked cookies - YUM! Love it!

Beth has SO NAILED the whole "sugar cookie" CONCEPT with this oil! My husband wanted to eat my neck when I wore this. He kept saying, "you smell like VANILLA!" And he's right. There's vanilla in this stuff. But it's whipped up into a blend that smells *just like* creamy, almost RAW, moist, lemon-sugar cookie dough. This smells chewy. Moist and chewy. Amazingly, however, it manages not to be overly sweet or cloying! I find it much more mellow than, say, Snake Oil. This vanilla isn't heady. It's smooth, baked into a fresh lemon cookie. A delicious comfort scent!

:P

Hmm i thought i had reviewed this, well guess not :P

Anyway, Sugar cooky is exactly true to the description, makes you crave those "shortbread" cookies all day.

There is similarity with Gluttony and Gingerbreadpoppet and if i have to compare them it's like light brown, soft sweet, lightbaked cooky(sugar Cooky) medium brown, sweet dark baked cooky(Gingerbreadpoppet) and darkbrown, caramel coffee burned cooky(Gluttony) From these 3 I like Sugar Cooky best! A cosy cuddle, blanket scent

In the bottle: Sugar cookie with a very boozy note of Vanilla extract

On me wet, swiped on writsts: Eye watering, boozy vanilla uh oh......

Drydown, 10 minutes: Redhots and alcohol, and the boozy note is taking its time dissapating..... OH No!!! I think this scent hates me, and it refuses to layer with anything else...

20 minutes: Sugarless Redhots- it's strange, cinammon usually LOVES my skin... This cinammon is sharp, it's actually making my nose burn when I smell my wrists

There's not enough sugar in this to mellow it.... I think I have to let this one go... I just can't bring myself to do it... Especially after the orgasmic experience I had with my beloved Sugar Skull, I keep hoping that this will learn to love me.... So sad... :P :D

-Miriam

On this is incredible in the bottle! Cinnamon-spicy, vanilla-y, like fresh-baked snickerdoodles! Just lovely and mouthwatering.

On my skin it promptly turns baby-powdery, but it's so divine that I'll be using it in a scent locket.

(Layered with Sugar Skull? Fabulous!!! -- the cinnmon spices up the sweet and they become even more delicious.)

First sniff: Drool! Sugar cookies dusted with spice – it’s a less buttery scent than the drydown of Spooky, but just as warm and delicious.

Wearing: Well, this is interesting – when wet on my skin it smells more like spiced oatmeal. While it was drying I didn’t think I liked Sugar Cookie as much as I expected to – it’s one of those odd scents, like Gluttony was on me, that has a delicious aura but the wrist-scent is different and not nearly as good – but by its final stage it’s thoroughly yummy everywhere I sniff.