Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

Wet
I can't believe how foody but yummy this is. This is by no means too foody meaning it doesn't get sickening or cloying as some food-y type products do.
You can actually smell that golden brown smell as when pastry or dough is baked and becomes golden because of the butter.
That's exactly what this smells like.
How in the world did Beth get that smell in a bottle?
10 minutes
There's also a sweetish, vaguely fruity bakery smell mixed in with some cinnamon and nutmeg too.
20 minutes
The cinnamon has come out more to the foreground . Damn, this is really good.
I'm impressed. The buttery golden brown goodness is still there just more cinnamony. Still smells as good as it did when wet, this is a real pleasure.

In the bottle
Hmm. More creamed and sugared butter smell.
On
Wait a minute, I don't smell the golden brown buttery pastry of 2004. :P
30 minutes
It's less cream and sugar and more cooked pastry crust.
Throw:
average
Scent category:
Foody
Summary
I like the sweet dough smell of this better than the cinnamony part of 2004 blend. The golden buttery crust part of 2004 is here in the 2005 blend also. Whew.
Purchase again?
Yes.
1-5 rating (5 being best)

I'm all about foody scents, but on my skin chemistry Sugar Cookie was pretty much straight cinnamon and other spices. Cardamom, maybe? I dunno. I'm not getting the "baked goods" smell others were discussing in the chats. It totally does remind me of Christmas, though!

In the bottle: Warm sugar cookies fresh out of the oven and resting on a cooling rack.

Wet: Cinnamon red-hots. Um... huh?

Drydown: OMG, it's sugar cookies with red-hots embedded on top!

Final thoughts: This really makes me salivate and crave the real thing. I can almost feel the crisp crunch as I take a bite. Mmmm.

Sugar Cookie actually is a good bit different than I expected it to be. In the bottle the buttery smell is pretty strong for me but as soon as it hits my skin the spices come out. It smells exactly like some cookie that I know I've had and can't place. It is incredibly delicious. Several of the other 'foodie' type scents I've gotten have been overwhelming in one way or another but this one is perfect. It doesn't go funky on my skin in any way and it's not cloying or overpowering. A perfect perfume for snuggling up on the couch in comfy pj's with cookies and milk to watch a sappy Christmas movie!

Edit: Yes yes yes! A Snickerdoodle! That's what it smells like. Thank you Pekeana!

Edited by danuv

In the bottle, this smells just like a fresh snickerdoodle. Yummeh! On me, the cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and what I would almost swear is black pepper, take the top and dance around with reckless abandon, but you can still smell the sugary cookie base beneath it. Oh my gosh, this is mucho sexay.

tooth-ache sweet in the bottle, I was a little afraid of this one but since I don't have anything inherantly against foody scents, no worries.

On application? Holy moses this is like strapping a sugar cookie to your wrist! Sweet, almost overly so on me. I was impressed by how dead-on sugar cookie this really was, just like I had a plate of them fresh baked on the counter.

Wierdly my chemistry didn't much like this and after about twenty minutes this soured and went rancid on me. Sour sugar cookies? I don't think so. Gorgeous and unique scent but I'll find someone who will properly worship it since my skin is silly.

In the bottle, this was sugary sweet cinnamon.

The initial application was much the same... the cinnamon note really came out to the foreground, as did a bit of a buttery note. This smells kind of how I expected Sugar Skull to smell.

Now that I've worn it a bit longer, the cinnamon note is really still the reall prominent scent. I smell like a red hot. With a playdoh basenote. Now, maybe it's just me, but wha? It doesn't smell too much like a Sugar Cookie, per se, but it's still nice.

The playdoh thing is kind of wigging me out. I'll have to try this one again in a week or so to make sure it's not just me.

ETA I tried it again... it did start to turn on me, but not as badly as last time. It turned only slightly floury instead of full-on playdoh. The cinnamon stuck around a bit longer & was a bit stronger too, which may have overpowered other notes that don't like me as much. I think this will work best as a room scent rather than as a Diana-scent.

Edited by Diana

First Impression: Cinnamon red hots.

Second Impression: I'm not getting sugar or cookies from this, just lots of cinnamon red hots, just like the candy.

Final Analysis: This is the only cinnamon blend that didn't work on my skin. I don't think I'm going to keep this one.

Mmmmmmn, this is delicious hot sugar. Sugar Skull really didnt work well with my chemistry but this so agrees with me.

At first I get the hot golden sugar scent, after a minute the cinamon wafts through the buttery scent.

I loved this but my boyf (who hates sweet things anyway) didn't, but thats not going to stop me when I'm alone with this blend

>=D

Mmm, I really like this blend. In the bottle I get buttery cookies, and that stays true when I apply it. The cinnamon that people mention didn't come out until the blend was dry and even at that it's not very strong on me. But then my skin seems to eat up spices, they aren't very pronounced on me. It's not cloying or too sweet like many foody blends can be. Sugar Cookie ends up being a fresh baked cookie sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. And now I want to eat one.

In the Bottle: A baked goodness under a blanket of cinnamon.

On skin: Pretty much the same, cinnamon swimming over the light sweetness of a cookie.

Dry: Cinnamon. My skin seems to turn whatever else is in here to a musty remnant and leaves only spiciness behind.

I'm going to let this bottle sit for a while, sometimes I have luck letting the oils age, we'll see!

The scent of baking sugar cookies! It smells more like cookie dough than an already baked cookie. not too sweet, just enough to get that sugar smell in there. I adore this!

It starts out smelling more like Burnt Sugar Cookie. Gross. However, it fades to a spiced food-y scent- "the Devil's Bake Sale" is so appropriate! Though I'm not fond of the initial burnt smell, this is indeed fun and festive (but slightly wicked) when the other notes come out to play :D

[edit] I "slathered" this on accident before heading to my Christmas Eve dinner, and HOLY COW!! This is so freakin' gorgeous and perfect for the holidays! I don't even know how to explain it, it didn't smell quite like cookies (and certainly not the burned ones I got initially) but was still a non-cloying wonderful foody. Gorgeous!! Slightly spicy and slightly creamy. I can't stop smelling myself!!! :P I think this may be my favorite holiday oil, I can't get over it!

Edited by luxuria

Sugar Cookie smells buttery and lemony on me. I'm not sure if I like it on. It smells wonderful in the bottle, though. I'll give it another go in hopes that the scent changes on me a bit. In all honesty, I don't like the way real sugar cookies taste at all -- I like Lofthouse cookies and snickerdoodles, but not sugar cookies. On top of the buttery lemon is a nice cinnamon scent, but it isn't out of place. I hope to eventually love this one.

ETA: This isn't the first "sugar cookie" scent to smell bad on me. It's sour, as I expected it might smell with my skin. Oh well, can't win them all.

Edited by tart

Yay, cookies! Math is hard! Let's bake cookies! (::P

In the Bottle:

I can smell the scent of the oven, the scent of butter, something a bit tart or lemony, it's not a unified cookie yet, though! Oj, and sugar of course! Pure, sweet baking sugar!

Initial On:

Everything melds together once this blend touches my skin - it's as if the ingredients were sitting in the bottle, and they turned to delicious cookie batter and were popped in the oven the minute my skin started to warm them all up!

After a While:

Yum, it's as if there are cookies baking on my arms! Mm, after a while, as nearly everything does if it has even a drop of spice, this becomes a bit spicy on me - it smells like cinnamon and nutmeg!

Overall Impression:

This is such a wonderful holiday scent, especially with the addition of the spice! It's beautiful and delicious! Yay Beth!

Oh my... I want to lick my wrist when I put this on. It is simply fucking goregous. It's a very warm and cozy scent just slightly spiked with spice. It smells of something baking..and we know how that attracts the gentlemen! Wear this under the mistletoe this holiday- see if you don't get kissed! :P

in the bottle i smell snickerdoodle dogh...yum

wet wow hello cinnamon and spice

dry ahhhhhhhh i smell the dough wonderful floury and buttery w/ a slight brush of sugar and cinnamon this is a wonderful scent so happy i got it

in the bottle i smell snickerdoodle dogh...yum

wet wow hello cinnamon and spice

dry ahhhhhhhh i smell the dough wonderful floury and buttery w/ a slight brush of sugar and cinnamon this is a wonderful scent so happy i got it

Yup, I got snickerdoodle from this too. Which I like much better than sugar cookies. I'm not big on the foody perfumes, and I initially thought this was too sweet. But then it started to grow on me. And grow on me. And grow on me. It's fabulous - it reminds me of aqualina pink sugar except instead of being cut with the slightly fruity berry scent it is cut with cinnamon and cloves. YUUUMMM! I can't wait to ge tthis one in my oil burner.

This smells more like a highly spiced snickerdoodle to me than a sugar cookie. Part of why I love sugar cookies is their bland sweetness and this oil is definitely spicy. There's a very strong cinnamon note, and there's enough of this that my skin burns for a few minutes. I also smell something dry and slightly bitter after a while, perhaps cloves or nutmeg. They're sweet-swelling when ground, but smell quite different in their solid state.

I like this, but I doubt I'll wear it much, especially since it burns my skin a little. I've been using it a lot as a home fragrance and it's lovely that way.

i was disappointed in this because making sugar cookies is my favorite part of christmas. this smelt of burnt over floured cookies. oh well... i still love everything else so far.

Sugar Cookie smells like a long table full of baked sweets. There's vanilla, and carmelized sugar, and allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, butter...

This also shares a note with Gluttony that my skin transforms into something acrid, so I'll be using this in the oil burner.

I foresee hordes of little children and Atkins-crazed dieters scratching at my door on Christmas morning.

damn... now im really jealous. all i got was cinnamon... the spermy cinnamon leaf oil scent i get from lush's red rooster soap.

glad i swapped this off to someone who can enjoy it more than i did.

After Snow White, I think Sugar Cookie is my favorite Yule LE :P . I get a big hit of nutmeg from this, it isn't until about an hour after application that some cinnamon comes out. It's a short burst of Red Hots and then the nutmeg reasserts itself. Underneath is an eggy vanilla aroma, it's more like raw dough than the baked cookie smell I was expecting (ala Jack). Actually, if I didn't also have a bottle of Egg Nog for comparison, I would have thought the lab accidentally put Egg Nog in my Sugar Cookie bottle. It fades to a second skin scent in about two hours, but I probably sucked a lot of it off my wrists from sniffing so much. I will so be carrying around a shortie of this for re-application, it's divine.

ETA: When I was in high school, my best friend's mom, who was from Scotland, used to bake nutmeg cookies at Christmas. This smells exactly like them before she popped them in the oven, it brings back wonderful memories for me.

Edited by ChupaChup

I try to avoid the reviews of scents until after I've tried them so my mind won't be influenced by others' comparisons. That said, the first thing I noted about Sugar Cookie was that it smelled more like a snickerdoodle to me than a straight up sugar cookie - spicyness versus plain sweet.

In the bottle and fresh on the skin were the same - that spicyness that overrides the sweet buttery scent I expected. A hint of cinnamon - that must be the Devil's influence! And a faint warming of the skin as well.

After a few minutes, I am starting to get that faint band aid thing I got from Egg Nog. Maybe nutmeg hates my skin?

Overall, I get a pleasant aura from Sugar Cookie, but when I put my nose to it I get the band aid thing. Again, not completely or enough to make me wash it off. Just mingled in with the yummy elements. And since this one is also mostly spicy on me, I prefer Gingerbread Poppet for that effect.

This one will probably find a new home.

In the bottle: That's a suagr cookie all right only it has a little kick to it. It actually kinda smells like a mix between sugar cookies and a ginger snap. Very light though there is a somewhat cloying vanilla scent to the background. Sweet and foody. I think this is the first foody blend I have.

Wet: This smells almost exactly like the Irish ginger snaps I made last week. It's a very delicious scent. I'm glad I imp swaped so I could have a sample of this. This is like a candle I'd expect to buy. I highly doubt that I'll ever wear it. More than likely I'll use it in my oil burner once it arrives. But I have to say that the lab did a great job in replicating sugar cookies and gave them a bit of a kick as well.

Dry down: I'm thinking that kick is a little extra cinnamony goodness but not enough to make me break out into fits. This is a very comforting smell that reminds me of kitchens and baking and colored suagr. It has a slightly boozey background note, but I might just be imagining things.

Dry: The cinnamon wants to play more on my skin than the sugary goodness of the cookie. This could be a bit of a problem as cinnamon and I have a love/hate relationship. No, there it goes fading down to play nicely with everyone else. I still think this would be a lovely fragrance to scent things (other than me) with. Candles, lotion, my room. I'll play around with it. I like having the imp. I just don't want to smell like it. I just like the smell of it.