Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

Wet, this is buttery and boozy. The booziness fades and we're left with a sugar cookie with a touch of nutmeg. I'm not a foodie, but got an imp to see what the hype is about. I tried it this morning, and it made me hungry, so the foodie association is definitely there. Hubby does like it on me, but to bad I'm not going to wear it for him, as I'm not liking this one at all. Maybe if there was a little more spice, and a little less buttery caramel, I could go for this. It may be nice layered with Snake Oil, as the caramel kind of reminds me of Anaconda. Could be a good sub for that one?? Very happy for all the foodies who get this one back though!

Nom! This is a foodie's dream, and I am a foody, so of course I adore this scent! A sweet, very buttery sugar cookie with a hint of spice. This smells even better on my skin than it does in the bottle. A total win!

Oh wow. I tried a decant of this ages ago--it was most likely 2005's version--and it was nice but just kind of vaguely sweet and foody. 2008 is downright decadent. It takes a few moments to warm up and kick in but when it does it's buttery and rich and more of a flaky-pastry smell than a cookie. Or maybe a really good shortbread! Quite strong, too. I definitely will need a bottle of this.

Sugar Cookie 2008

From Moryssa's Yule decant circle

I am not a big fan of literal, foodie scents by MY GOSH is this ever an exception to my rule!

In the vial, has that overpowering butter accord I associate with Jack (which makes me cringe) but I soldierd on. And am I glad I did! On the skin, Sugar Cookie 08 is beautiful. Yes, it smells exactly like a sugar cookie, rich and sweet and carmelized on the bottom, but it smells somehow even better than a sugar cookie. I detect something a tad floral, a white floral, like lemon blossom or honeysuckle maybe. Or maybe it's a redolent spice like cardamom or nutmeg. I'm not sure, but it's just ever so there to round out this scent and keep it from being too literal. Which is weird because it smells JUST like a cookie, yet it doesn't wear in quite such a literal way. Weird. But good!

Wet, it's a bit room scent-y, but as it dries, it's like being wrapped in a warm blanket while sitting by a fire drinking hot cocoa and eating sugar cookies. A lovely, warm, comforting winter scent.

Tempted to buy a bottle! 4 out of 5.

ETA: more description of the scent

Edited by RanaSavia

this is for 2008.

Wet in bottle: it's very buttery, very sweet, and smells just like fresh-baked cookies. :P Definitely evocative and delicious smelling. The exact words out of my mouth were, "If I smelled like this, someone would want to eat ME." :D

Wet on skin: the buttery note disappears quickly, as I'm discovering it does on my skin. This is a good thing, as I really don't fancy smelling like BUTTER. The sweetness remains, though.

Drydown: There's an almost boozy quality here. :D I hope it doesn't get too prominent, as I don't really care for boozy notes, and that's why I didn't get Butter Rum Cookie.

After about 45 minutes: This seems pretty light now, but not totally faded. The booziness has remained but not amped. The sweetness remains. It doesn't really smell like cookies anymore, just sweet and sexy. One of my male coworkers sniffed me and said, "Yep. That's sexy."

so it's a win!

Verdict: sweet but not cloying, boozy but not skanky :D, and good wearlength. Throw seems about average.

out of 10: 8 :D

I like the hint of sugar and spice in this one but, like so many foodies, the butter smell makes me queasy. I'll stick with Sugar Skull when I want to smell good enough to eat.

This is gorgeous I one of the foodiest bpal's that i have tried. I get lots of comments on this when i wear it. Also has a hint of melting brown sugar to it. The buttery-ness of it does die down and leaves you smelling delicious.

Very glad i bought a bottle, i might even pick up a backup :P

Holy moly. My first mental response is to recoil a little from the sweetness, but this is quickly drying down into a perfectly gorgeous sugar cookie. Oh man. I've started shying away from foody blends because I don't tend to wear them too much, but Sugar Cookie might be a brilliant exception. I So. Sugar cookies baked to a perfect golden brown... maybe with the tiniest bit of spice.Someone else suggested laying this with Snake Oil. I bet it would be WONDERFUL.Bottle.Holy moly. My first mental response is to recoil a little from the sweetness, but this is quickly drying down into a perfectly gorgeous sugar cookie. Oh man. I've started shying away from foody blends because I don't tend to wear them too much, but Sugar Cookie might be a brilliant exception. I So. Sugar cookies baked to a perfect golden brown... maybe with the tiniest bit of spice.Someone else suggested laying this with Snake Oil. I bet it would be WONDERFUL.Bottle.

Bottle: This has the same gag-worthy first reaction that Mr. Nancy gave me. I'm all about foody scents, but in the bottle it's so buttery and sweet

Wet: Aaah, much better. I'm reconsidering my decision to stick with my diet by not buying sugar cookies this year because man, does this ever make me want to have some. (Also, my mother, who response to BPAL is usually "...it smells like perfume," actually said "yeah, I can see that being sugar cookies.")

Dry: Doesn't morph much, still yummy sugar cookies.

Verdict: Love it! :P

5/5

Version: 2008

Source: Decant Circle by Ahania

Holy moly. My first mental response is to recoil a little from the sweetness, but this is quickly drying down into a perfectly gorgeous sugar cookie.

I'm quoting because I did EXACTLY the same thing! For some reason I thought it would be a brown sugar cookie with a lot more spice. First sniff was WOAH, and then a cautious re-sniff. It does turn out to be the perfect cookie, and sitting here thinking about it, I want to layer it with Gelt. :P Talk about a Yule treat! This is definitely what you should wear if you want to smell like cookies. Children and snack addicts would follow you home. *lol* In a word... YUM!

2008 version!

Bottle: Sweet like caramel, with a highly sugary, warm buttery smell.

Wet: a smidge of... nutty spice? A little less sweet. Otherwise, the same as in the bottle.

Dry: straight up sugar cookie. I recognize that's probably not helpful given as that is already the name of the scent, but that really is the best way to describe it. There's a bit more spice, a hint of brown sugar, and a little less sweetness and butter but otherwise it's much the same as in the bottle.

Other notes: I've been looking for a bpal foodie scent for quite a while and this is it. It's got very good throw on me. Yes it is very sweet, but I am personally a fan of the sugary scents. It makes me want to eat myself! (and the boy is having similarly nice reactions to it)

I think this will easily become one of my all-time favorite BPAL foodie blends. This is so absolutely sweet, buttery and delicious. I wore it all day yesterday on Christmas Day and was surrounded in a lovely warm cookie scent. It is not at all cloying or overwhelmingly sweet and actually smells like a sugar cookie, particularly one of those frosted ones decorated with lots of sugar crystals! I think I may need a second backup bottle of this one because it is beyond yummy.

This is the 2008 version, warm vanilla enhanced with butter and cinnamon. It's good, but not as good as I was expecting. I'm starting to wonder if cinnamon is going to a problem note, since it seems to take over blends and choke the life out of them. Sugar Cookie is pretty similar to Butter Rum Cookie on me, with SC having a slight edge because I really like vanilla. Cobalt Blends' Sexe de Sucre is also a lot like this.

3.5/5

This is for the 2008 version.

In the bottle it smells like butter and cinnamon.

Wet on skin the cinnamon seems stronger, but the butter seems to really be vanilla.

Dry it smells just like a sugar cookie dusted w/ cinnamon instead of sugar. Yum.

I'm reviewing Sugar Cookie 2008.

This is a very lovely foodie blend! It's all cookie dough and sugar and vanilla and spices but the spices are very soft and enveloped in the warmth of the blend. Like a cookie. There is a very subtle lemony-floral note in there somewhere at drydown, at least to my nose, and I think that's my favourite part! It's not as sweet or cloyingly cakey as Eat Me (in a good way). Butter Rum Cookie turned to a curry cookie on me, but this is awesome! If you like sweet foodie scents, this is your dream come true.

Some have mentioned that Sugar Cookie has great lasting power, but I don't find that on me. Both throw and wear length fade rather quickly on my evil oil-eating skin.

In the imp: Whoa, butter!

I get a lot of butter when it first goes on...then it calms down into more of a toasted pastry sort of smell. There's still a 'brown' edge to it, as there was with Butter Rum Cookie, but without the out-and-out burned smell...it's more like cookies that have been perfectly, thoroughly baked.

So, if you're looking for something just a touch lighter than Butter Rum Cookie, or *really* like butter (:lol:), give this a try.

Sugar Cookie 08 is divine! Smells exactly like promised with an extra touch of butterscotch, which I personally love! This smells like I wanted Butter Rum Cookie to smell...

In the decant: This smells more as if I just cracked open a carton of a REALLY sweet eggnog rather than as if I’m baking sugar cookies… Curious!

Wet on skin: Still smells like a glass of ‘nog!

Dry on skin: NOW it smells like my oven has a batch of sugar cookies bakin’ away inside of it! Some very buttery sugar cookies, at that! I prefer Butter Rum Cookie.

In the imp -> A slightly boozy and very strong vanilla extract and butter. It's almost the same butter note that I get in the lab's pumpkin blends.

Wet-> Reminiscent of white cake batter. Tasty, tasty cake batter :yum:

After a while -> As with Butter Rum Cookie, this goes to plastic, sugar coated plastic.

Oh yes. OH YES. YES!! LOVE IT! Buttery (oh, yes friends, you can smell the butter!) sugar cookies at first....and after about 5 minutes I get a very light boozy or spicy note, but it goes away quickly, within 10 minutes. I'm left with sweet sugar cookies. Simple yet delish. Pure love. :luv2:

It smells like a butterscotchy cookie in the bottle, but on my skin turns into "ready-to-bake" sugar cookie, okay but kind of meh. It's a nice scent, very true to the concept, but better in the bottle than on my skin.

In the imp: Syrupy sweet, like confectioner's sugar icing.

Fresh on the skin: Lemon sugar cookie, indeed, but with that underlying plasticky ick that cake tends to turn to on my skin. :( I should really just learn my lesson about cake scents and give it up.

20 minutes later: Not the worst plasticky lemon cake ever.

2 hours later: But not actually good, either.

3 hours later: Fading...

Verdict: Not for me.

One phrase: Plasticky iced sugar cookie.

IN THE IMP: Very sweet. Smells just like slightly spiced cookie dough.

WET: Still very sweet, like spicy cookie dough. Cinnamon, maybe some nutmeg?

DRY: Not so heavily foody anymore. Still sweet, and still smells like a sugar cookie, but it's toned down. And something almost smells a little... flowery? I'm not sure. This is a very nice, subtle, sweet scent.

In the bottle – Actually it smells quite boozy. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that this was the Butter Rum Cookie instead

Wet on me – Again sweet and sugary, but boozy – not unlike eggnog (the drink not the BPAL)

Dry on me – Sadly this is yet another one of those blend that turn to ashes on my skin

Overall –Once again my skin chemistry has triumphed over what should be a lovely scent

Whoa, I like foody blends, but this is bordering on too sweet for me. It smells exactly like sugar cookies, though, no doubt about it! I am going to cry over the fact that I get NO spices out of this whatsoever, and that hope is what prompted me to want to try this blend so badly. All in all, a lovely (if fairly pedestrian) coconutty cookie blend. :yum:

Edited by TheOneTheyCallLuna