Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eris

Aquatics

I love Aquatics, my favorite commercial perfume being Cool Water. Although I haven't found a scent that mimics that one, I've found a few that your friend may enjoy.

Niflheim, is my favorite. It's misty and mysterious, It kinda reminds of a deep fresh water lake in early fall. If that makes any sense. :P

Danube is also a good, and it's a bit sweeter and citrusy than Nifheilm. But also very lovely.

Water of Notre Dame is also a popular aquatic, although with my skin it's just too soapy for me.

I haven't tried many others yet. Those are just the ones that I've noticed so far, Hope this helps a bit.

Sea of Glass (from the "Sin & Salvation series) is a crisp, clean aquatic with citrus and white floral undertones and a deifinite oceanic salt tang. It's clarity distilled into liquid form.

Thanks for the recommendations...I LOVE Water of Notre Dame--I think I'll wear it today (it's a tough day for me).

I sent her Sea of Glass (which I also like), Jolly Roger, and Arachne...also Kitsune Tsuki. The last two aren't aquatic, but they are light. And Arachne is a very clean scent.

I will try to get Niflheim for her.

Danube is nice, it smells bright blue if that makes any sense...

Szepassony is another that is beautiful, cold and clean with a light breath of flowers...

Although it's more of a masculine scent... and LE(discontinued now) to boot, I love my decanted imp of Cthulhu. "Blue/green" aquatics through and through.

But I'm a strange girl who likes to wear "masculine" aquatics... thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there though *grin*. You might be able to get a decanted imp somewhere from this thread, LJ or ebay.

Also, silly as it sound I really like Paris Hilton for Men. Ignoring the name, I got a sample of this from a makeup store I frequent and it quickly became one of my favorite scents..and apparently I'm not the only girl who likes to wear it too. It's actually more girly then masculine, with a light aquatic/melon-y type smell to it.

Edited by HonorAlexandria

R'Lyeh was all water, and nothing but water on me. It ranged from fresh spring water, to salty sea spray depending on what phase of dry down it was in, but it was all water all the time.

Another recomendation for Danube, it's a lovely, clean fresh aquatic with just a hint of light florals.

I really love Bayou, it's probably my all time favorite aquatic blend, but the florals are very heady, and it has alot of dark earthy goodness, so unless she likes that kind of thing it might not be what she's wanting.

I love most aquatics in the bottle, but they tend to go very sharp and grapefruity on my skin. Two blends that don't do that -- that retain a watery loveliness -- are the Apothecary and Tarot:Temperance. Both are light and clean, with a subtle aquatic nature.

I haven't combed all the way through, but I just tried House of Mirrors - only aquatic that doesn't give me a headache. :P We hates the headaches, we do.

I'm really enjoying Niflheim, which is saying something as I generally don't do very well with "aquatic" notes. But this one seems to have a good balance to me and dries down to a clean-smelling blend with a hint of floral.

Bayou. ("If it's ok by you, it's ok by me.") :P

Swamp water! :D

I might have missed it, but I didn't see anyone mention Niflheim :

"The House of Mists, a land of icy fog, shadowy darkness and soul-chilling cold. Dark, damp blossoms winding through an impenetrable, murky gloom."

So far, I've noticed my favs of the watery scents are:

Dublin

Jolly Roger

Danube

Empyreal Mist

I really like all 4 of those scents... cant go wrong if "aquatic" is what you're going for!

~Kami

Szepasszony. The thing with this one is that I wore it semi-frequently this past winter and got more citrus and fresh air than anything aquatic out of it. Yesterday I decided to wear it (after a long break) and it was all aquatics on me this time. It's beautiful.

I didn't really like Danube, but I still have the imp... maybe I should give it another shot.

I also second House of Mirrors (which smells like ambery rain to me) and City by the Sea (light and salty).

Many of the blends billed as being aquatic are too sharp for me, or they have that grapefruit thing going on. But in addition to the much-mentioned Danube, I'd also recommend Prague (like Danube, it's river-aquatic, not ocean-aquatic), as well as the Mock Turtle's Lessons, Temperance (from the Tarot group) and Yemaya (either BPAL or TAL). I'm still hoping for a scent that really smells like rain to me, or like the ocean....

Hmm...Desdemona and Paris are both rather "aquatic", but are less of a stormy sea than they are a clean rivulet running through a field of flowers.

Yes! Desdemona was the other one lurking in the back of my brain that I couldn't quite think of. I quite like it as well. But it's definitely a calm fresh-water pond, to my mind.

Szepasszony belongs in the same scent-space for me as Dublin so it might be worth a try.

Personally though, I think you can't go past Water of Notre Dame for calm still water. Lovely.

I've never tried aquatic scents before but I've realized my SO is a huge fan of them. My signature scent is Queen of Sheba and I naturally lean towards spicy vanilla. While smelling exactly like SO wants me too is not a priority of mine in any way I thought it could be fun to play around with that scent range and see what comes of it. Always up for something new!

What are your favorite sexy aquatics?

When I saw the "warm and wet" bit, I instantly thought of Bayou. "A lazy, warm deep green scent with a thick aquatic undertone: Spanish moss, evergreen and cypress with watery blue-green notes and an eddy of hothouse flowers and swamp blooms." And the description pretty much sums it up perfectly. It was one of my first BPAL loves, just because it's so unique and interesting. It smells like hothouse blooms and swampy water... but somehow it makes swamp smell wonderful. A lot of the aquatics have more of a chilly smell to them, but Bayou is very warm on me.

The Pool of Tears was like cold, salty water and florals on me. The Mock Turtle's Lessons is a more complex aquatic. And Sea of Glass is just a really beautiful aquatic...

BPAL makes quite a few interesting 'watery' scents. :P