Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eris

Aquatics

Hi,

Mermaids, sirens, nymphs.....I'm in love with these creatures :wub: What scents can be associated to them? Perhaps the smell of of water...something in the color range of blues....

I'm waiting your suggestions

Hi,

Mermaids, sirens, nymphs.....I'm in love with these creatures :wub: What scents can be associated to them? Perhaps the smell of of water...something in the color range of blues....

I'm waiting your suggestions

You put me in mind of Water Phoenix.

You could also try: Danube, Amsterdam, Szepasszony, Sturgeon Moon (LE). Maybe even Tempest but that always struck me as more 'airy', but it depends on your skin chemistry.

There's also Festival of Anukhet (LE), and the Black Swan which gives more of a river impression in my mind.

I love, love Szepassony (and once I thought no aquatics would work on me). It is a bit floral and it smells like cold rain on flowers. Amersterdam and Danube are ok if you like bright, clear aquatics and I've heard good things about Sea of Glass though I haven't tested it yet.

In Undertow, the lotus just takes over- you may like it, though I didn't. The Gillman House Hotel (le) is very, very green and a little musty with some water there. Yemaya and all the Arkham aquatics were a little too sweet for me, but you may like them.

Edited by patina

Ogyiya is a nice addition to the aquatics family. It's sort of a cross between Black Forest(green woods) and Thalassa(salty sea water). It's very nice and definitley one of the best aquatics I've ever smelled.

Hi,

I lean towards the aquatic family due to the hot weathers nowadays. I'm fond of the smell of the sea very much.

I prefer to wear clothes in the color of sky blue, baby blue, cyan, turquoise, marine blue, navy, indigo, midnight blue...

(the whole varities of the blue color :luv2:)

I also like combine with the stones blue topaz, blue tourmaline, aqua aura, aquamarine, azurite, sapphire, lapis lazuli, blue quartz -_-

I'm the person of blues. I have made a list of the imps. My scent should be the sea, water, rain like a mermaid, nymph..

Here is:

Thalassa (I will order a 5ml bottle, i think the concept suits me :) )

Sea of Glass

Danube

Bayou

Olokun

Windward Passage

Niflheim

Lightning

Lady of shalott

Tempest

Y'han-thli

The Deep Ones

Ogyiga

What are you thinking of my choices?

Waiting for recommendations :cthulhu:

You can't get an imp of it from the lab unless you purchase a whole Salon pack, but if you get a chance or find it on the forums, I'd recommend trying Silence. It's a very blue, watery sort of scent to me. There are a lot of interesting aquatics in The Salon too (and some snow/ozone ones with a different sort of aquatic feel).

Aquatics usually turn to soap on me, but I really like Sea of Glass (bright, smooth, sea green and blue feeling aquatic) and Bayou (swampy, mossy aquatic) of the ones that you have listed. If you're interested in purchasing Carnaval LEs, Banded Sea Snake is really nice too. And if you like coconut at all, I'd recommend Obatala for something a bit different with an aquatic edge.

You might also want to look at Caliban from the Illyria category -

"The scent of the salty seas, bittersweet wine, palm and tropical ferns"

It's aquatic, but it definitely has the scent of the greenery. Tempest and Thalassa from your list are some of my favorites as well.

Tempest is so far my favorite pure aquatic, so kudos on that choice. If you like Thalassa and Lightning, I might recommend looking at Jolly Roger if you're curious to branch out a little.

Cthulhu is another ocean aquatic that I enjoy, though it has a little green in it.

That's an awesome selection you've got there, though! It should definitely keep you entertained for a while. ;)

Waiting for recommendations :cthulhu:

I tend to separate the ozone scents (eg. Lightning, Sea of Glass, Hurricane) from the aquatic scents (eg. Lady of Shalott, Y'ha-nthlei, Danube) since they actually smell different to me. The ozones are in a class of their own, I don't associate them with water at all. YMMV.

Out of those I class as "real" aquatics... Danube is a great choice. I tested it recently and found it very unique -- it actually evokes a racing, gurgling brook, whereas most other aquatics are wide-flowing rivers or oceans. The Lady of Shalott is also good, it felt like darkened white flowers on deep water. You may also want to try Szepasszony (cold white flowers and rain), R'lyeh (also a floral aquatic), The Sea Foams Milk (milk on water), and Water of Notre Dame (a still green pool with wet flowers). Mag Mell too, although I got more lush greenery and less rain; I haven't tried Amsterdam but it's also a floral aquatic. For Limiteds, I recommend Selkie and Long Night Moon.

Have fun, your choices look great!

Some lovely fairies gifted me with various aquatics to get me started on my BPAL journey, and I've got to say from the 8 or so I've tried, The Deep Ones and Lady of Shalott are both amazing. TDO has some sort of strange pungent scent that makes me feel 20 feet underwater, and LoS is aquatic with a hint of floral. Now I am not a floral girl at all - Shoggoth was too florally for me. But two days ago when I wore LoS I kept getting a whiff of delicious bouquets around me, and I finally realized that it was me. So I would definitely recommend those too, although I am still just a baby!

Hi everyone,

Just a note to see what scents you would suggest to a newbie interested in finding feminine aquatic scents... a clean, crisp, scent that evokes the feeling of our great oceans... I welcome any suggestions!~

I think that Sea of Glass is a must-try of bpal's aquatics. It's so bright and pretty, and it's one of the few aquatic scents that doesn't turn to soap on me. Banded Sea Snake is similar, but a bit sweeter/more vanilla-y and more complex in feel.

You also might want to check out:

*Dirty - fresh, crisp white linen scent: perfectly clean, perfectly breezy. (not really ocean or aquatic, but crisp & clean and has a feminine edge)

*Obatala - milk, coconut meat, shea butter and cool, refreshing water.

*Olokun - glorious, unknowable gloom of the ocean floor.

*The Pool of Tears - a sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume.

*The Sea Foams Milk - milk cresting on an ocean wave.

Edited by Little Bird

I am also going to add Thalassa the Galapagos Mermaid from the Carnaval Diabolique to Little Bird's recommendations. It is a saltwater aquatic with some faint floral notes in the background.

Just got an imp of Windward Passage, and it is veeeeery aquatic. Her description is-Breezes blowing off of the waters of the Caribbean: marine accord, seaweed, and bladderwrack.

The Lady of Shalott is a dark aquatic that evokes cold, running water (that is, before it turned all nasty hot white floral on me), and Danube is also like a bubbling brook. They strike me as "river" scents though. As for oceanic ones, definitely The Sea Foams Milk and Sea of Glass (although this is more ozone to me); Kiyohime Changes From a Serpent is like green waves crashing on the beach. Many Picnic in Arkham blends are aquatics: Y'ha-nthlei, R'lyeh, Cthulhu and The Deep Ones -- I didn't find them too dark, but YMMV. However, the most oceanic blend for me is Selkie, an older Lunacy. It's not common but not too rare on Swaps. If you can't get it, Kiyohime is very similar in my books.

You can find more recommendations here, here and here. (I went through an aquatic phase myself. ;) ) Good luck!

Edited by Vega

Water of Notre Dame is a lovely aquatic, too, although it falls more on the sweet side, rather than the salty side. I don't even care for aquatics and I really like WOND. :)

I am always loathe to recommend limited editions but my absolute favourite aquatic is Dream of the Fisherman's Wife (Seaweed, honey, white mint, and ambergris). It is a light, fresh, feminine aquatic that is absolutely filthy. It is extraordinarily carnal and totally sexy and fresh and unique. Otherwise, from the GC:

Olokun Excolo the glorious, unknowable gloom of the ocean floor.

A clean, fresh, almost melony scent. It's strong but clean. Reminds me of Cool Water Woman.

Port Royal Wanderlust Spiced rum and ship’s wood mixed with the body-warmed trace of a prostitute’s perfume and a hint of salty sea air on the dry-down.

A warm, spicy sort of feminine sea scent. I was once told, "Your perfume smells like how I imagine the spice from Dune smells. At the ocean." I agree with that assessment.

Lyonesse Wanderlust Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

An elegant and feminine aquatic warmed by the vanilla and other elements.

Pool of Tears Mad Tea Party A sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume.

Where the saltiness of Dream of the Fisherman's Wife is kind of what makes it so raunchy, this is like the refined, childlike version of that scent.

Mary Read Bewitching Brews Salt air, ocean mist, aged patchouli, sarsaparilla, watered-down rum, leather-tinged musk, and a spray of gunpowder.

Yeah. So. I'm pretty sure this is an awesome, kickass female scent. Gunpowder is my nemesis and makes this smell like... gunpowder. But there is a few seconds before that happens where this is pretty awesome! Maybe someone else can attest to this?

Egle Marchen Ocean water, hyacinth petals, star jasmine, and fir

Depending on how you wear jasmine this might be a dark horse favourite. Very refined and elegant with a very realistic ocean scent (minus the nasty low tide scent).

Dragon's Tears Ars Draconis salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

Speaking of low tide. This reminded me of low tide at White Rock Beach near Vancouver. However, I was also raised landlocked and currently am landlocked so I think I have a slightly different olfactory relationship with the ocean. This is probably the most realistic ocean scent I have ever smelled and if you can handle dragon's blood it might be a match made in heaven.

Hi! a few recs:

Szepasszony

The Deep Ones

Lightning

I don't even like aquatic scents as a rule, but I like those! :D