Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Eris

Aquatics

Kingsport is my enduring favorite aquatic scent, but it can be a little hard to find. If you're not opposed to vetiver, The Stormhold is a great newer aquatic scent. Actually it reminds me of Kingsport, except a bit more gritty.

I haven't tried it personally, but perhaps Sea of Glass?

oh yes! :D that's one for sure.. so fresh & extremeley aquatic and still makes my heart tik just a liiiiiittle bit faster :D :P

Edited by lunaticana

I don't think this will be much help since they're all LEs but...

The Unheavenly City (C13)

Door 13 (Bat's Day LE)

Banded Sea Snake from CD

Selkie

Allison Gross

and I don't know how truly aquatic it is but... Tamamo-No-Mae is fabulous

I tried Thalassa and it was not a winner for me... I blame the jasmine which usually hates me...

On the GC side I do like Kumari Kandam and I've got it on my next GC bottle purchase list

Water of Notre Dame is my favourite aquatic (aquatic violet)

I also like Undertow and Isle of the dead (Salon) - both are deeper aquatics - Amsterdam (water and tulip, very fresh and green) and Danube (one of the bluest scents I've tried)

Selkie puts me in mind of sea spray on the wind rather than an aquatic as such, but maybe that's just me. It's very pretty and well worth getting hold of if you can find it.

I find Thalassa to be a feminine marine scent with something oddly seductive about it, and by marine I mean a salty, oceanic aquatic.Seaweed, kelp, salty ocean spray, bitter almond, night-blooming jasmine, frankincense, and benzoin.

Also try Green Tree Viper. It's got the sensual foody side of Snake Oil and, although it's not an aquatic, it's extremely green. Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

And I never tried it, personally, but it sounds like what you're looking for: Belladonna.

The devil's herb, which he cultivates with skill and pleasure. According to lore, the spirit of this plant may take the form of a breathtaking, achingly beautiful woman, deadly to behold. This scent is a tribute to such a dark and magnificent plant: a rich green and floral blend, earthy and haunting.

I really like the aquatics, but try to limit myself to just a couple, since they can smell very similar.

The ones I'm keeping: Lightning, Kumari Kandam, Olokun, and I may have to get Thalassa again =) I did really like Sea of Glass too.

I'm looking for a citrus aquatic. I had this combo in a hotel shampoo (Wet at the TI in Las Vegas) and really liked it. Suggestions?

I'm looking for a citrus aquatic.

Lightning is the zing of orange zest backed up by water for me.

Edited by Nali

And how could I forget?

The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife. Seaweed, honey, white mint, and ambergris.

It's aquatic, green, and very sexual.

Caliban is a really neat blend -- wine like Nosferatu, soft palm like Moai (and apparently Havana), and salty aquatic. On me it went pretty flat department-store aquatic cologne, but on Kalirren it's really a very lovely and unique sea scent.

Fave aquatics:

Amsterdam!!!

Ebisu

F5 - so refreshing, naturally

Mary Read - awesomely salty-oceanic and evocative, would be extra sexy on a man especially

Have a sort of aquatic feel, to me:

Blue Moon (both years) - very sexy and sophisticated

Fairy Market - very complex floral with a dewy grassy feel as well

Harikata - a sweet, sexy, luminous aquatic

Lightning - a very cool glassy yet electric vibe

Swank - and this one is sexy

Edited by fairnymph

Are there any good ones?

(I did a seach for spicy aquatic, so I'm sorry if I missed a thread!)

Singing Moon, The Phoenix, The Lady of Shalott, La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente,or Dragon's Tears?

Are there any good ones?

(I did a seach for spicy aquatic, so I'm sorry if I missed a thread!)

Singing Moon, The Phoenix, The Lady of Shalott, La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente,or Dragon's Tears?

Oooh, good thing I have Singing Moon on the way. :P I'll have to check those others out.

Thanks!

ETA: So I just looked up The Phoenix. Crap. I really need to find some of that! Sounds perfect!

Edited by Femme_Fatale

I don't get "tropical" from Hanging Gardens, but other people have described it that way. And to me the ebony (?) accord has a spicy scent to it.

On me, Port Royal turned into a lovely spicy aquatic. The spice is a little.. masculine, though, so I'm thinking it will be better on the boy. :P

I second the rec for Hanging Gardens. Perhaps these will work as well:

MACHU PICCHU

Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

MANILA

A tropical, humid, lush scent, with a faint echo of Pacific breezes, jungle blossoms, and deep wet woods. Sampaguita blossoms, banana leaf, palm, and narra.

PORT-AU-PRINCE

Dark, decadent and incomparably exotic: the rich scent of buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras.

R'LYEH

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. The sunken city of the Great God Cthulhu. A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves. (sometimes described as "evil grapefruit")

SANTO DOMINGO

An exotic, sultry blend of tobacco leaf, bay rum and heady Caribbean blossoms.

SILK ROAD

A panoply of cultural treasures, spanning the herbs, flowers, oils and balms of the Romans, the Byzantines, the Mediterranean, the Levant, Northern China, Eastern Europe, Iran, the Bulgar-Kypchak, Mesopotamia, the Crimean Peninsula, Anatolia, Antioch, and North Africa. (spicy but not exaclty aquatic...)

WINDWARD PASSAGE

Breezes blowing off of the waters of the Caribbean: marine accord, seaweed, and bladderwrack.

Maybe Moana, Sturgeon Moon or Black Swan? They're pretty rare (and Black Swan is retail-only), but they're my favorite aquatic scents and I wear them regularly.

As for GC, Bayou is fantastic.

Should add Mary Read here - very oceany =) I think I said Kumari Kandam earlier too, which I still recommend!

Any recs for someone who has never tried an aquatic, but is feeling very homesick for the Atlantic Ocean? I'm a Cape Breton Islander, if it helps... I've been living in the mountains all year and I dearly miss the ocean. :P

Any recs for someone who has never tried an aquatic, but is feeling very homesick for the Atlantic Ocean? I'm a Cape Breton Islander, if it helps... I've been living in the mountains all year and I dearly miss the ocean.

Singing Moon: It's a LE, but I see it around the forums fairly frequently and it perfectly captures a sort of damp, bonfire night touched by salt air feeling. It starts out really woodsy but the salty drydown is amazing.

From the GC, Dragon's Tears might be a good bet. To my nose it smells like White Rock beach near Vancouver at low tide. I grew up landlocked so I mostly find it perplexing but I could easily see it being comforting if you're used to the salt air smell.

Cthulhu from Picnic in Arkham is a dark, mossy aquatic. R'lyeh is a bit brighter with some citrus.

And finally, The Isle of Demons might bring you a bit closer to home. It's more gritty, musky and tropical than Singing Moon. But it is available from the GC so that's always awesome.

Edited by paperrose

Any recs for someone who has never tried an aquatic, but is feeling very homesick for the Atlantic Ocean? I'm a Cape Breton Islander, if it helps... I've been living in the mountains all year and I dearly miss the ocean.

Singing Moon: It's a LE, but I see it around the forums fairly frequently and it perfectly captures a sort of damp, bonfire night touched by salt air feeling. It starts out really woodsy but the salty drydown is amazing.

From the GC, Dragon's Tears might be a good bet. To my nose it smells like White Rock beach near Vancouver at low tide. I grew up landlocked so I mostly find it perplexing but I could easily see it being comforting if you're used to the salt air smell.

Cthulhu from Picnic in Arkham is a dark, mossy aquatic. R'lyeh is a bit brighter with some citrus.

And finally, The Isle of Demons might bring you a bit closer to home. It's more gritty, musky and tropical than Singing Moon. But it is available from the GC so that's always awesome.

See now, this is why it pays to ask! Thank you so much for the recs, and the thoughtfulness, I've never even noticed Isle of Demons! I also completely forgot I have an imp of Cthulhu, which I washed off quickly because it seemed too fresh and cologney back when I first tried it. I'm giving it a better shot now and I think it's starting to darken and get saltier. Anyways, it's helping. :D But Singing Moon sounds so very home-in-a-bottle, I have to try and track some down! Would you happen to have any thoughts on Tempest or Lightning? Thank you again for the fantastic input! :P