Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Otto Goetze

Red roses and vetiver with cashmere incense, rue, and cauldron spices.

beautiful bright, juicy, happy rose scent.  maybe a touch of smoke from the incense/vetiver at the very early wet phase, but the dry down is pure juicy rose.  i love vetiver and have tried a few other bpal rose/vetiver blends, and this is the lab's lightest use of vetiver that I've met...almost like it's just there to help the rose stay bright and  present. 

of course, i'm testing it in a city filled with the smoke from the Camp Fire from Paradise, CA, so apologies if that's limited my ability to detect smoke.  moderate sillage. I've had this on for about eight hours now and I can still detect it when I huff my wrist. it's a little bit innocent, a little bit classy, very slightly creamy in texture. 

this starts off a spicy rose, after which some incense is added to the mix. it's a dry rose, reminds me of dead roses in a box that once held spices. there is an earthy scent from the vetiver, but it's not overwhelming. it remains a spicy red  rose on me into the drydown. it's a pretty scent, and i love spicy roses, i just wonder if i already have enough of them or if i need to keep this one. i may need to re-test to be sure.

Red roses, incense, and spice. This one is a spicy rose that reminds me alot to Red Rose but without the clove and with incense instead. If you are a fan of darker rose blends and like the full red bloom of a red rose like in Peacock Queen, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

Was worried about the vetiver but I don't really detect it. This is all about the dark velvet rose on my skin. There is a dark smoky incense underneath bit of spice but it is all very subdued. 

ROSE! With interesting green tinge from the rue & vetiver. The cashmere incense is present, yet subdued. It is contributing to a smooth, almost powdery, warmth that grows over time, intertwining between the petals. Not very spiced on my skin either, just a touch shows up late in the drydown. All about that lush red rose~🌹Velvety, slightly cozy. The herbal green edge lasts a good while.

Rose might be laying on freshly crushed grass under the stars. A blanket covers her to keep the chill off, scented with the innumerable offerings of incense back at her home. The stars sing their secret song and the earth hums with lush reception.