Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Venus Pandemos

Hay, rose otto, red benzoin, torch smoke, and pink carnation.

Venus Pandemos is an interesting scent. The hay note is listed first for a reason, because it is definitely in the forefront of this blend. It’s unusual, though: It isn’t as “dusty” as the other Lab hay notes. Instead, this smells like fresh hay. (And let me tell you, I just had a long talk with myself about what that means. Because isn’t fresh hay, well, grass?! But no, that’s not what this is. The note here, it’s like there is a dampness to it. And maybe a hint of a nutty cream-like scent? So maybe freshly-rolled hay is a little less, I dunno, fusty, or something?

It’s also amazing that I don’t smell any benzoin, because my nose can find a drop of that in the ocean. This isn’t resin-y at all. There’s also just a whisper of smoke, and the slightest warm and spicy floral hint. (I mean, really: If it weren’t for that hay note, I would wonder if I got a mislabeled decant!)

I’m still not sure if I like this. There isn’t much throw, which is okay for a smell like this one, and it doesn’t last very long on my skin.

Roses, pink carnation, and a whiff of smoked hay. This one is a smoky pink rosy blend. Medium throw and wear length.

This is really beautifully. Softly smoky carnation over soft hay. Unfortunately it fades within minutes on me.

I didn't check the notes before trying Venus Pandemos this morning, and the words that floated to my brain when I tried it on were "rose otto," despite the fact I kind of have no idea what rose otto is.  This is really a rose-forward scent on me with some gentle carnation and warm hay and maybe a tiny bit of smoke if any.  Lovely, but it only lasts an hour or so on my skin.  

Smelling this blind, I get...pine sap. Less bitey than pine needles, this is sweet and green and fresh. I definitely get some powdery rose too, and something grassy. I wouldn't have guessed hay or carnation. The torch smoke is extremely soft - much softer than the Pine Smoke HG but in that same vein. It is beautiful. However, the rose makes it something I wouldn't really wear much, and I think someone else would!