Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin gingerbread with blackberry cream frosting.

OOh to be first! Saw the notes on this one and HAD to get it!!

Sniffing in the bottle, I get a sweet, yet light, gingerbread mixed with the blackberry. Not creamy as of yet...just straight up liquid blackberry and gingerbread.

On my skin, the pumpkin comes out a little, but I still get mostly blackberry and gingerbread! What a fun combo this is! It has a light to medium throw on me...it goes back and forth. 

As it dries, it stays the same...not getting much pumpkin out of this, but maybe it is just a close scent to the gingerbread that I can't pinpoint it, but any bakery/foody/gourmad lovers out there, you will like this... and it isn't overpowering. It is just right... I catch whiffs of it...and that is from just putting it on my wrists. But it's fine if you work in close proximity to people and don't want to offend. :) I think this will age wonderfully!

On wet, you get more of the gingerbread biscuit, but it dries to a pumpkin/blackberry frosting. I get a ton of frosting from this. Good throw and wear length.

Beast Biscuit is strong on the blackberry cream frosting in the decant, backed by the gingerbread.

On my skin, the blast of blackberry cream frosting is short-lived as the pumpkin gingerbread (yes, you can tell it is pumpkin) quickly steals the stage, but the blackberry frosting ends up reasserting itself. It ends up smelling like a super ginger-y pumpkin gingerbread smeared with blackberry frosting, and it has decent throw.

I am not a fan of this because the blackberry frosting is stronger than I'd like it to be (I'm not really fond of berry scents), and the pumpkin gingerbread is too ginger-y for my liking. I'm just not fond of the blackberry cream frosting and ginger together. The way they combine on my skin just smells off to me. But if that sounds like it would be your thing, you probably won't be disappointed!

Wet: Blackberry cream and gingerbread. I wasn't too sure about how I'd like the combination of blackberries plus gingerbread, but it's quite nice! The gingerbread is only slightly pumpkin-y.

Dry: It's a hit! The blackberry cream isn't really reading as "frosting" to me, but there's definitely a sweetness from it. The pumpkin gingerbread is lovely, and everything combined is foodie and fabulous. If I had to choose, I'd say the blackberry cream is stronger than the gingerbread.

I'll be upgrading my decant to a bottle! 

This really did not work on me at all. The pumpkin gingerbread + blackberry combo was just repulsive on my skin. I think if it's a combo that sounds good to you, it's worth a try, but if you think it sounds like it'll be bad, then don't risk it.

I decided to give this a shot since most people said the blackberry was the star. It goes on smelling very bready, with a sweet berry note hanging around it. I don't think I would immediately pick out gingerbread or blackberry frosting if I didn't know the notes. It does have the comforting smell of a coffeeshop baked good with some fruity frosting on it. But I guess I do the same thing with gingerbread, and turn it into incense. Silly chemistry. I'll try this in a locket next.