Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Western Bonneted Bat

Fairly antisocial as bats go, Western Bonnie sticks to colonies of less than a hundred other bats. A girl needs her privacy, you know.

Butterscotch tobacco.

Butterscotch laced with tobacco. A yup. This one is sweet sugary butterscotch supported by some brown chewy tobacco. This will age to a sugary tobacco mess. Good throw and wear length.

Which means, if you like sugar or tobacco, GO GET IT.

Wow this is mellow and rich in the bottle but on me it's a bright, sweet tobacco. Someone asked if this is anything like Bulgarian Tobacco and I would say this is a cousin. The longer it's on I get an earthiness out of it as well. I am doing a bad job with this review but if you like tobacco, get yourself a bottle of this. 

Elegba (which is Werther's butterscotch candies on me) plus French Tobacco SN. If you dig the Lab's French Tobacco, this is your jam.

Edited by Soupy Twist

When I sniff the decant I can’t control myself: My eyes literally roll back in my head and my mouth waters a little. It’s a super sexy butterscotch tobacco, simple but decadent. Sadly, on my skin it’s all fancy cigar, no foodiness, so it’s too masculine. It smells like my dad.

Wet: Sweet tobacco. No butterscotch yet!

Dry: Hmm... still sweet tobacco. It never really translated to butterscotch on me, so it's a bit disappointing.

In the decant, this was mostly butterscotch, with the tobacco lurking in the background.

On my skin, the butterscotch dominated during the first few hours, but the tobacco was stronger on me than it was in the decant. There's this unexpectedly fruity quality to it on me, almost blueberry-esque. Must be a skin chemistry thing, because it isn't like that in the vial. After four hours, the tobacco is much more prominent, but it is still coated in butterscotch.

Butterscotch is not really my thing, so this isn't for me, but it does smell like butterscotch tobacco!

Edited by doomsday_disco

The super sweet super buttery butterscotch seemed like it would be a little too intense on my skin at first, but then it gave way to a a beautiful caramelized tobacco with just a hint of butteriness. 

Butterscotch and French Tobacco. Absolutely divine. 2 things you wouldn't expect to work well together, but are absolutely perfect.

I bought this because it reminded me of a "simpler" Perversion and I am so glad I did because it is actually really lovely. I also love that it matches me in the description-- fairly antisocial and private... and yet I feel like this scent should be shared and smelt by more (or at least those within my colony!)

Wet: Dark caramel? But not too sweet, almost like molasses
On: Yep, butterscotch tobacco. I'm a big fan of how bpal's tobacco sits on me and this is just yum. Simple and delicious. It does smell like butterscotch in that warm butter kind of way (which I love), sweet but the tobacco just takes the edge off. I personally would say that it leans more towards the perfume side than the food side, but it is much more sugary than Perversion.
Drydown: More of before, it doesn't seem to morph much on me. Great throw and wear length.

Like others have confirmed, Western Bonneted Bat is definitely a butterscotch & definitely a tobacco scent.  I’m also getting a fruity vibe from it. The tobacco gives it a perfumey vibe. The scent is lighter feeling than I expected, and I’d wear it in the Spring more easily than my other tobacco scents or butterscotch/caramel scents. An upscale candy, yet not too rich. 
Glad to have the decant! 

Delicious!  Sweet tobacco, chewy butterscotch, not too foodie.  A wonderful addition to scents like Pumpkin Tobacco and Gingerbread Tobacco.