Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Southern Yellow Bat Hair Gloss

The Southern Yellow Bat is the friggin’ cutest, and she always looks like someone just told her a hella funny joke. The cackling grin on her face sums up my life goals.

Warm patchouli, smoked pumpkin, and golden amber bubbling with sugared almond.

I absolutely love this! The patchouli is very soft and not overpowering at all. I notice warm amber and almond with just a touch of patchouli. This is very well blended with all the notes complementing one another.  I personally don’t detect any pumpkin but I have only had it one day and it was in a cold mailbox so I’m hoping it will come out with some aging. ❤️

Pumpkin patchouli amber. It's smoky, pumpkin, and patchouli amber. Deliciously pumpkin. 

If you're looking for a non-foodie pumpkin, this is it.

I tested this in damp hair yesterday and in dry hair today.

Upon spraying this into my hand, I get the sugared almond, amber, spiced pumpkin, and what I think is a mild brown patchouli.

Sadly, the sugared almond is very short-lived in my hair. On both days, the golden amber and spiced pumpkin have been the main players, but the patchouli is a little more noticeable in dry hair than in damp. It's definitely a mild variety. I like this, but I wish the sugared almond had stuck around.

This differs from Amber Pumpkin HG in that this has a golden amber note as opposed to a deep amber, and this has far less pumpkin. I was worried about the smoky part of the pumpkin note, but it is really just a touch of smoke.

I already have several hair glosses with amber in them (and I already own Amber Pumpkin), so I do not think that I need more of this one. But if I didn't already own Amber Pumpkin, I think I would choose this one over that one. :)

The patchouli in this to me is actually the strongest note. It's not a heavy/dirty  patchouli (more of a sweet earthiness), it's just the note that stands out the most to my nose - DH (unfortunately) can't stand patchouli and the second he walked into the room after I had sprayed my hair he wrinkled his nose and said he didn't like the smell.  The pumpkin and amber come out next, and I don't really get much almond at all, but once dry I do get this warm, brown, kind of earthy sweet, but not quite foodie, pumpkin blend. As a pumpkin and patchouli lover, I do think it's quite nice soo if those notes are your jam, give it a try, but if not it'll probably be a pass.

This is very patch forward for me, a very rough one. Right after that is the smoked pumpkin and amber. Overall very earthy. A great non foodie pumpkin. 

Think you have plenty of Amber patchouli scents?  Well make way for one more because this one is gorgeous.  Less pumpkin foodie and more snuggly sugary patchouli.  

I'm struggling to find words to capture the beautifully blended masterpiece but if you Google the namesake the cuddly fuzzy golden fur is what I think of with the scent.  There's no Punkin Spice in this,  if any pumpkin is appreciable it's fresh gourd. 

It's definitely a warm, golden Amber with soft, smooth and slightly sugared patchouli and a creamy almond. The patchouli is different from the Silkybat one though. More vegetal floral than dirt or wood...

I will definitely have to upgrade to a bottle.  This is the pinnacle of Amber patchouli union and will pair well with the many autumn Amber or pumpkin oil perfumes.

Edited by sprout

Southern Yellow Bat hair gloss is like an upscale gourmand pumpkin. The smoked pumpkin note here is very subtle/beautifully dosed, and in fact I get more of the sugared almond (smells like marzipan!). The patchouli and golden amber round this out and make it smell verrrry smooth. The longer I wear this in my hair, the more smoked pumpkin I get, but it remains very well balanced. The result is a hair gloss that smells gently seasonal but could also be worn all year long. I’ve worn it a few times and I like it more each time. So glad I picked this one up!

This is my fave warm, non-armpitty Patchouli, sweetened up with almonds & amber. I don't get a lot of pumpkin.  The almonds dominate at first, but after about 20 minutes it mellows into a sweet, smooth patchouli with the other notes as background.