Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
brineydeep

Dead Leaves and Donuts Atmosphere Spray

[No additional description provided.]

This sprays out a blast of dead leaves, very much as a top note. Underneath the leaves is a more subtle fried baked good scent; not donuts specifically but something yummy and definitely not healthy.

The two notes don’t meld together but they definitely complement each other. It’s surprisingly good.

I get mainly green Dead Leaves, and a whiff of donuts at the very end, which changes the greenness of this blend into a bit of sugary fried confection. But yeah, you kinda have to really inhale and get past the dead leaves note to get to the donuts.

This review won't be helpful at all, but I am posting it anyway, since my decant is about to go to a new home.

Dead Leaves and Donuts smells like my mom.

My mom does not smell like dead leaves or doughnuts. But once the dead leaves calm down a bit, it reminds me of that smell I get when hugging her.

She is a smoker, and Ava is her holy grail scent, so I can only think my nose is interpreting the slight mustiness of the dead leaves and the sugary glaze from the doughnuts as "mom smell," even though Dead Leaves and Donuts does not smell like a smoker or like Ava. The association just becomes more pronounced if I spray it on something (like a paper towel), because the sugary glaze ends up being more prominent than the dead leaves over time, just like how Ava's vanilla musk really shines on her and gets her compliments wherever she goes.

I don't think this is very doughnut-y. There's far more glaze than actual fried doughnut.

I don't dislike it, but I cannot spray it around my place, because of that association. So off you go, Dead Leaves and Donuts, hopefully to a place where you can be appreciated, where someone can spray you around and think, "That smells like dead leaves and donuts!" instead of "That smells like my mom!" :lol:

The dead leaves note is the strongest, but when it settles the donuts come out more. It's still not sweet enough for my personal taste, but I really like the dead leaves note in this!

My only issue is that the donut note is not as strong as I had hoped. I was hoping it would be the same strength as the dead leaves. But this is still nice, however I would pass this up if you are wanting a super donut atmospheric spray.