Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The “Red Death” had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal –the redness and the horror of blood. There were sharp pains, and sudden dizziness, and then profuse bleeding at the pores, with dissolution. The scarlet stains upon the body and especially upon the face of the victim, were the pest ban which shut him out from the aid and from the sympathy of his fellow-men. And the whole seizure, progress and termination of the disease, were the incidents of half an hour.

Splatters of red musk, bruise-purple violets, vetiver, and pimento.

Violets on wet. As it dries I get vetiver, pimento comes on strong, and its got a musky overtone. Huh, pimentos. I don't think I've ever smelled it as strongly as I do in this blend.

To end, musky pimentos. Medium throw and wear length.

This one was a surprise for me. 

Wet: Mostly violet and something...peppery? Not dry pepper but fresh vegetable peppers, from the garden (assuming this is the pimentos)

Dry: Still loads of feminine, sweet violet, but the peppery pimentos give this an unexpected edge. The red musk starts to strengthen over time and add a powdery, but dark backdrop.
I like this more than I thought, but it is unusual. Throw is decent but it fades on me after several hours, leaving mostly some sweet muskiness behind.

Was hoping so much for this one. Violets and vetiver are two of my best. But the wretched red mush starts amping, and it makes the vetiver turn chemically.