BPAL Madness!
cinderfallen

'Second Skin' Scents

it is amazing the skin scent :P i think for each of us it is different for me

chimera

o

le petite morte

good luck

I got a gimp of Dirty in my last order and it's very clean sheets drying on the clothesline on a sunny day on me.  It reminded me of pressing my face against sheets fresh from washing hung to dry on the line during the summer.  This was a very close to the skin kind of scent, where it took my hubby hugging me to notice it.  Very unobtrusive and very unfoody. 

Bathsheba is my newest fave, and I have to say it is very lush and pretty, but it retains an innocence that's very refreshing.  I like it as an everyday, feel pretty kind of scent.  It doesn't have tons of throw on me so it does rather just melt into my skin.  It does have a good ammount of sweetness due to the plum, but it's balanced out by the musk and spicey carnation.

Blood Kiss is not at all a very "second skin" scent for me as it has a lot of throw when I wear it.  Also, this has a very sweet cherry/vanilla smell to it on me for a while.  Very smokey and wicked, though.  I love it to death!

Dracul has a very "second skin" affect on my hubby.  Very sexy and dark.  I don't know if you would be comfortable with it as it is rather manly, though it is gender neutral.  The listed notes are: black musk, tobacco, fir, balsam of peru, cumin, bitter clove, crushed mint, and orange blossom.  It's intoxicating.  I wanted to just lay there and smell his neck for hours.  If I were feeling froggy, I might try it for myself, but he's hoarding his imp of this precious until his 10mL comes in.

Mhmm... Bathsheba is definitely going on my next order. :P And amazingly, you made cherry sound wearable (I always think of sticky cherry lollipops and cough medicine...).

Dracul sounds a bit intimidating... But I might try an imp to dab on male friends. Ehehe.

Thanks for such nice suggestions. =)

BWA! Thank you all so much!

I ended up ordering from the recs mentioned on this thread:

Alice

Szepasszony

Dirty

Bastet

Blood Amber

Sudha Segara

Pele

Queen Mab

(I mean, just from this thread alone, I had to order a set of imps... Three sets in all... Coming probably a few weeks after my birthday, on the 20th.)

But I am *definitely* going to keep in mind/order the rest of what you guys suggested!

(And, lol. Please keep the recs coming. :P

Thanks again so much!

Sounds like you've got a good selection going. Good luck and let us know how it goes for ya!

BTW, anyone who has tried Eos might be able to comment on whether or not it's what you're looking for, but the site description goes as follows...

EOS ~ The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

Might be something worth trying due to the "softly glowing skin" in the description...

I third Blood Amber!!  It's a gorgeous, unobtrusive, warm, close scent.  It's soo beautiful!!  I love it. 

To me, it's my second-skin scent.

:D Blood Amber!  :P

I :D it. Blood Amber has a decent amount of throw on me, and lasts a long time, but I tend to use it for days when I need to really feel like a strong and fiery woman. It's a very confident, but not brassy, scent to me. When I first sniffed it, I sincerely thought of Freyja. (I keep imagining her scent-in-the-works will be much like it. Yum.)

Dirty is wonderful. It's clean-linen-sheets-fresh-off-the-line-on-a-spring-day. It's really a very fresh scent, and a very comforting one.

Weirdly, Wrath turns into a skin scent on me. A very yummy and rich one, but a skin scent nonetheless. O does the same thing, but on me it smells like "just got a little somethin' somethin' with a pot of honey dust involved" skin, and that may not appeal to you. Dragon's Milk is a skin scent when applied lightly, and it's another delicious one, but the vanilla may be offputting.

Hrm. I've heard people say that The Lion is a sun-wamed fur scent, but I don't have any yet.

Blood Amber is an incredible second skin scent for me. It stays around for a long while without fading, and it just gorgeous. It's funny to hear that reminded people of Freya, because that's a goddess I've often been told reminds people of me. No wonder I love Blood Amber so much, then.

On me the "second skin scents" are definitely Bastet, Coyote & The Lion. At a certain time of the month, Sea of Glass is too.

Chimera has a "skin" quality to me. The cinnamon isn't very cinnamon-y. It's not spicy, just warm. Also, I haven't personally tried La Petite Mort but it sounds like the ultimate skin scent.

I find White Rabbit has a second skin quality on me. It doesn't seem to have much throw and it's a nice comfort scent you just want to nuzzle in to. I don't find it foody (even though it smells exactly like warm milk) and I don't find it heavy (which even though I find amber can be comforting, I also find it can be very heavy) and you get a nice hint of spice (but not heavy spice or incense) from the pepper).

My favorite scents are "second skin" scents. They seem to become part of me.

HOWEVER. Everyone's skin scents are going to be different. A lot of the recommendations in this thread have been quite spicy / foody / incensey on me.

On me, the following are subtle, warm skin scents:

*Snow White (so, so lovely)

Jezebel (may be too sweet)

Haunted (may be too cloying)

O (you already said this was too sweet)

Unseelie (discontinued)

Greed (very powdery)

Dublin (very pine foresty)

Bathsheba (may be too fruity)

Bastet (may be too incensey)

Good luck with your search--and let us know what you come up with. :P

My favorite scents are "second skin" scents. They seem to become part of me.

HOWEVER. Everyone's skin scents are going to be different. A lot of the recommendations in this thread have been quite spicy / foody / incensey on me.

On me, the following are subtle, warm skin scents:

*Snow White (so, so lovely)

Jezebel (may be too sweet)

Haunted (may be too cloying)

O (you already said this was too sweet)

Unseelie (discontinued)

Greed (very powdery)

Dublin (very pine foresty)

Bathsheba (may be too fruity)

Bastet (may be too incensey)

Good luck with your search--and let us know what you come up with. :P

Dublin and Bathsheba are on my "what next to order" list. =) Though I was expecting Dublin to have a more "blended" scent--that is, whiffs of pine but not overwhelmingly so? How is it with you? And I'm really looking forward to the plum in Bathsheba... Mhmm.

And Blood Amber sounds quite nice... Can't wait until it...and really, all of the oils I've ordered comes. Everyone made such nice points about each scent. =)

I have no problem with fruity scents (I actually like them), it's just the incense/food notes I have problems with. (Somehow, fruit scents don't constitute as "food!!" to me.)

And O... Strangely, I tried on Japanese Musk at the Body Shop and the scent that lingered was *exactly* the same as O's. Well, perhaps the sweetness was from the Fuzzy Peach....

And Snow White... It doesn't seem like I'll be able to get my hands of a sample, it having such a cult following; it does sound lovely, though.

I have this fear that when BPAL comes that I'll be somehow let down, so I'm really trying to restrain myself from ordering more until my first shipment comes... Then it'll be another month and a half of waiting... (How horribly hard is *that*?) :sigh:

But here's my first order:

1 Szepasszony

2 Alice

3 Water of Notre Dame

4 Lady of Shalott

5 White Rabbit

6 Neo-Tokyo

7 Dirty

8 Ingenue (sob! discontinued, I found out last minute. Changed to Verdandi.)

9 Kitsune-Tsuki

10 Oberon

11 Queen Mab

12 Bewitched

13 Bastet

14 Blood Amber

15 Gluttony (For a friend who *adores* dessert scents.)

16 Sudha Segara

*17 Wilde

*18 Pele

* Part of a birthday present package for a friend.... (Which will constitute of a few other imps I uh... *ahem* wish to pass along. :D) I want to spread this obsesssion; so much fun. =) :D :D

Edited by cinderfallen

About Dublin, I *never* thought I would enjoy any scent with pine in it (I don't want to smell like a Christmas tree)...but I'm totally in love. On me it's musky and deep--like being in an enchanted forest.

Your order sounds lovely! (I love Bewitched so much, and also like Alice, White Rabbit, Oberon, Bastet, Blood Amber, and Sudha Segara.) My first order wasn't very successful, but now that I know more about what notes I do/don't like (and what notes work with my chemistry), I've found many, many scents which I totally adore. :P

Great order! I just want to add that although it's a bit "watery", and I usually HATE watery scents, Water of Notre Dame is very calming, soft and has this slightly salty vibe to it that makes it mesh really well with the skin! It's absosmurfly wonderful!! I can't wait to hear your verdict and what you decide on.

Edited by judas_kiss

Blood Amber is an incredible second skin scent for me. It stays around for a long while without fading, and it just gorgeous. It's funny to hear that reminded people of Freya, because that's a goddess I've often been told reminds people of me. No wonder I love Blood Amber so much, then.

It would explain it, yes... :P

My girlfriend's two skin scents are Jolly Roger (for brisk, airy days) and Intrigue (for close, mellow days).

I haven't found one for me yet, though sometimes the single note Roman Chamomile fades into a very subtle sleeping-outdoors kind of smell. I prefer faint scents, I'm realizing; no matter how splendid the loud ones are, my nose gets fatigued by them after about half an hour. I want to smell subliminal.

I've realized that what I'm looking for is a "second skin" scent--one that melts into my skin and feels like me only better. I found this thread and had to bump it.

What are your favorite "you only better" skin scents? I know it all depends on individual skin chemistry, but I'm still looking forward to any thoughts and suggestions--TIA!

Oh man, this thread brings back memories. *g* But I've found that Coyote was a great skin scent for me.

Mmmm, I've got a couple...

For warmer weather, Sudha Segara & The Lion. Both fade to a glorious faintly sweet & spicy skin scent. For something a bit more special, I wear Judith & Holofernes. Tzadikim Nistarim is wonderful, too, but just a bit more botanical. Once the weather cools down, anything with frankincense - Temple Viper, the original Aries, especially.

Honorable mentions to White Rabbit, Kumiho, Bastet...

Oh man, this thread brings back memories. *g* But I've found that Coyote was a great skin scent for me.

Sometimes it's amazing to suddenly realize, say, three years have passed! I'm wowed by how long I've been a BPAL fan at this point. :P But... on to the scents:

I'll have to try Coyote. I think I kept mixing it up with the Lion and thinking I had already tried it.

Blook Amber has gotten enough suggestions that I think I'll have to try that, too.

I'll check out Judith and Holoferns, which I know nothing about, too. Sudha Segara was almost perfect, but I think my skin just can do milk. Cream, yes, milk, no. And I've been curious about Tzadikim Nistarim. Thanks for the ideas!

Fun! Any other suggestions? :D

Edited by Beatrice33

Utrennyaya dries down to a soft, powdery minty-crushed flower scent that smells like mischevous forest nymph skin. It's very soft and pretty and has a very natural and slightly herbal quality to it.

Mentioned earlier in the thread, La Petite Mort, Eos and Les Bijoux all have skin musk in them. Wensleydale from Good Omens is "well scrubbed soapy skin and clean cotton." There's a lot of Hexennacht 08 floating around the forums, and it's skin musk with forest, smoke, amber and incense notes--it's may be too heavy for what you want. From the Salon, Schlafende Baigneuse has skin musk with cream and light florals. It's very light and pretty.

Another light scent that doesn't have skin musk but has a light, skin-like quality is Severin. the leather adds a "live" note to the whole scent. Tamora often gets compared to the scent of a baby. Scarecrow is sort of in the same vein as Coyote--hot winds and grass. Love Me is a beautiful soft spicy jasmine-honeysuckle scent.

My personal skin scent is Kyoto. It dries down to a soft, sweet cherry blossom-sandalwood on me, and stays close to the skin. As it wears down during the day, it starts to smell like just a soft, cherry sweetness on my skin. It's really beautiful, but might be a bit too intense for your preference in the first few hours.

Caliban dries down to imo a salty skin scent on me. It's divine, and I'll wake up the next day going "damn I smell good"

Mr Ibis!

No skin musk but the "egyptian and north african musks" are great. It perfectly combines sweet and musky and clean in one scent and is very comforting and that is what I think of when I read "skin scent".