Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Giuseppe Palizzi

Black pine, white sage, creeping ivy, and wild juniper.

This is a very clean green scent. I get a ton of ivy, followed by juniper and sage. Honestly, the sage is almost MIA, and the pine definitely is. And it's a very IVY blend. Good throw, medium wear length. I'm very surprised by this blend as I expected a pine-sage mix, and its all ivy.

I got this one because pine, sage, and juniper all tend to work super well on me/I like those notes, but i didn't have anything "foresty" or predominantly any of these notes in my collection soo it kind of felt like a niche to fill.  Ivy was the one note I have less experience with and didn't know so much about and as the reviewer above, that seems to be the number one note that stands out to me.

Wet: I definitely get a blast of sticky pine, but there is also something almost aquatic - I'm guessing that's the ivy since it's not something I'm really familiar with.

Drydown: as it dries the pine backs of some - I was definitely expecting something more woodsy or herbal, but this isn't either. It seems to lead toward masculine, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - it's clean and fresh and green without going  soapy.  On final drydown there is a very slight sweetness if i look for it hard  (maybe some sage or juniper finally peeking through). 

Final thoughts: not what I expected, but it still fills a hole in my collection that consists of mostly girly/creamy/spicy stuff -  good for when I'm in the mood for something "crisp" and clean.  I will still be on the lookout for that pine/sage mix tho cuz that sounds fabulous!  Average wear and throw. If you love ivy, this is for you. If sage or juniper are death notes, this could still work.

Edited by slo
edit for typos

Yup. This is Ivy's world. 

Overgrown tendrils of clean, green ivy. Boughs of juniper and pine mingle in, and the three combine to remind me of that fresh, sticky green odor of trimming hedges.

This goes a tiny bit sweet on me as it dries, but still green and clean. 

Sage is hiding, alas.

I grabbed a decant of this because I thought it might be great to pair with Rocky Mountain Goats HG, as they both feature black pine and sage notes.

But, as other reviewers have mentioned, this is an ivy party. That's how it was in the decant, and that's how it is on my skin, even after several hours of wear. It's very green and pretty much all ivy on me, with just a bit of juniper, and the tiniest bit of sage if I go hunting for it.

I was really hoping for some pine.

Sage and a harsh, freshly-broken juniper branch in the bottle. Goes on as that fresh harsh juniper — like I’m running through a pine forest and breaking branches as I go. This eventually softens around the edges, but the sweetener is weird. Maybe that’s the aquatic/ivy? not what I expected that to smell like. I apparently got all the pine, but not one I enjoy. Not working for me.

Cabras is very perfumey on me, which I think is the sage, ivy and juniper combo.  Lots of clean, green ivy.  I've been having trouble lately with sage going soapy on my skin in some of the newer blends, and it happens a little bit here as well.  I didn't get any pine, which is usually a much better evergreen note on me than juniper.  Cabras is pretty, but it's not the pine-dominant outdoor scent I was looking for.