Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Jacob Jordaens

A heavy, animalic musk with cognac, fir balsam, grapevine, black cypress, patchouli, honey, and copaiba balsam

Clean musk, whiffs of grapevine, cypress, patchouli and honey.  But yeah, this smells like a slightly honeyed, clean musk on me. Good throw and wear length. Huh. I'm super surprised at how much I'm actually enjoying this. So yeah, not scary at all. In fact, really good.

An unexpected blend from the listed notes...

A pale and gentle cognac musk lightly touched and sweetened with honey. There's a soft and clean perfumey quality to it; sometimes I think I catch a whiff of bergamot or petitgrain there. Behind that is a swirl of light balsamic woods, well-blended and mild. 

This is complex and does remind me of a pastoral landscape scene, an oil painting. It's not quite for me, but I'm really glad I got to try it.

It's a rather quiet scent, but dense and oily in texture. The balsams sort of meld together and you get this viscous blend with some woodiness to lighten it up and cognac to give it a gentle bite.  I expected this to be dirtier and heavier, yet still it's not something i'd reach for that often.