Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Frost Moon

The chill, crystal-bright Full Moon that is harbinger to the death of the year, and a monument to the snowy, dead months to come. A blend of traditional lunar oils frozen with winter mints, shivering eucalyptus, clear lotus, a gust of wind, and a midnight aquatic note.

This scent is quite light on me, a faintly aquatic mint. After about a minute, however, the mint is tempered by florals. I don't really smell the eucalyptus, but there is a barely-there medicinal note that could be it.

Overall, this ends up being a sweet mint, delicate and cool. It's softer than I expected, and close to the skin. Pretty. Edited by Shollin

Chilly, minty aquatic best describes Frost Moon in the imp. Wet on me, it takes on a peppermint gum scent while still mostly frosty, guess that's the eucalyptus doing. It dries down, it lightly sweetens to a pale crystalline flower with the icy fingers of winter clinging to it. The lunar oil tang gives it an interesting twist. Frost Moon is Nuclear Winter's prettier sister.

Verdict: Two thumbs up! :P

In the imp: Sinus-clearing mint and eucalyptus.

On my skin: This mellows out a bit to become a true frosty scent. I can't really pick out any single note in this one as everything is fighting for dominance.

Later on: Sharp, sharp mint predominates now.

frostmoon.jpg

This one is a beauty. I smell mint, of course, and then a gorgeous and totally harmonious floral (a real hothouse white blossom which is totally incongruous to the cold cold opener). That scent of the thick white waxy flower mating with a minty start is a wonderful marriage of opposing enviornments. I love this one, it is fabulous for summertime wear, and if you think it doesn't last long enough for your tastes, you can imagine it in a silver scent locket 'round your neck on a humid Southern night. Just perfect.

Frost Moon - On me, Frost Moon is almost all mint, softened by a light floral that I'm guessing is the lotus note in the blend, but which is almost too faint to be heard over the noise of the mint. I don't usually care to wear mint scents, so with the mint as the dominating note, this didn't appeal to me in the least. It also disappeared on me within 15 minutes of applying it, leaving nothing but a strange dirty scent behind. Off to the swap pile it went this morning, and it's already out the door tonight.

Sharply minty with a dash of icy aquatic note, this is chill but refreshing in the bottle. On me, this gets disturbingly "chewing gum" foody. Suddenly there's a berry-esque flash and then I start thinking of Nuclear Winter... but more bubblegum-y. This has a nice dry down, but maintains a sticky berry-sweet that is a little disturbing to me. Still, it mellows nicely and finally settles into a pale berry bubblegum. Cute, but not at all what I was hoping for.

In the vial:

I don’t like sharp mints, and I was afraid that this oil would be sharp smell. It turns out that this lunar oil is more minty and very sweet, almost like bubblegum. I think I like this one.

Wet:

The initial smell is sweet peppermint with a soft floral undertone. I didn’t expect it to smell so gentle, but it’s a nice surprise. I like the combination of the mint with the florals, they work very well together. I’m not good at recognising florals, but they smell lovely together. It’s not a heavy scent, but airy and fresh.

Dry:

Light and floral. The smell becomes a bit more green now. The mint is still noticeable, but in the background.

Afterwards:

It’s a nice daytime scent, very light, but it doesn’t have much lasting power. I needed reapplying after a few hours, because it was gone.

Frost Moon-

In Bottle: The first note is spearmint. Just like I'd expect a cold scent to be, minty!

Wet: Less mint and a little more floral. But still a cold floral.

Dry: The mint fades quickly, but the fresh floral scent is quite nice. What a lovely scent--it's a little soapy but in a good way. Clean-smelling like laundry detergent. I keep sniffing my wrists to get the clean scent; it's a great finish, even if I wish the mint hung around a little longer though.

Overall: I really like!

I generally do not like mint scents, but I love the crystalline features of winter scents. Frost Moon surprised me, in that wet and in the bottle it is this gentle, even fragile mint scent... but on the wrist and on drydown, you can clearly smell the lotus and the aquatic note smells almost like cucumber. I almost traded this away simply because it was minty, but on me... I don't smell the mint at all, just this refreshing quality that must be where the mint has gone.

The eucalyptus bowls me over. I also smell the aquatic, not as a presence but as a difference in the way the eucalyptus smells. On my skin, the mints come through, but they smell like stale candy. Ultimately, I usually use eucalyptus scents as decongestants, but this is too rare and not effective enough.

This smells cold and has that nose-tingling sort of minty scent to it. Definitely smells frosty, and a bit watery. Not my thing. I didn't like this one.

Cold, shivering, icy blend. Deep blue, very reminescent of chewing spearmint gum on a chilly winter's night when the moon is full and the sky is clear. That fantastic winter note the lab uses is in there, and it really reminds me of chill, night time winds. This is very sharp, the eucalyptus is the dominant note, with the minty freshness close behind. This is crystalline, clean, freezing, and lovely. Strong throw and sticking power, especially for a lunar blend. The perfect Frost Moon, I love it.

This is really lovely. :P

Chilly, sweet mint with a hint of eucalyptus. The sweetness comes from the lotus, I bet, but strangely enough, I feel like this is something I would wear more in the summer than the winter, if only I had a bottle.

I cannot believe I have not gotten around to writing a review of Frost Moon yet, as this is one of my very favorite lunacies of all time. It's probably still on my BPAL top 10 list. I've loved this since the day I received it. The scent: is mint, mint, mint, tempered by some light acquatic notes and some florals (I might even smell a bit of lotus). The overall effect is a mint that is soft and flowing, very cold, and very wintery. The lasting power of the scent is also amazing. This is one that lasts all day, which seems to be unusual for mint- other mint scents are more fleeting.

Thanks to Deana for the sniffie :P

Soft, pale, ethereal florals combined with eucalyptus/mint/something chilly and maybe a soft, pale musk? Very very pretty and feminine.

I probably wouldn't wear it much, but as it is, I'm very glad to have tried it :D

Edited by Browneyes

I was hoping against hope that the lotus would work with the other components.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

I get a very sweet, almost bubblegum/fruity kinda smell from this. Kinda like a cool refreshing mixed drink.

Snowy? No. Frosty? No. Pineapple snowcone? You betcha.

Curse you skin chemistry. Curse you. :P

In Bottle: Eucalyptus and mint, smells medicinal

On skin: Minty but not sweet. The eucalyptus is stronger. Has a 'green mint' feel. As it dries it begins to sweeten gradually but not in a sugary way. This does not smell like candy, but does sort of smell like gum without the sugar.

Later: Mostly the smell of a soft, light floral, I'm thinking it's the lotus, with just a hint of mint. When I sniff my wrist the mint gives the feeling of a cold winter wind rushing your face. This is a light fragrance, but does not fade quickly. Very Nice.

straight sniff from imp is peppermint and aspirin...

once applied this turns instantly glorious...a floral mint with some kickass sillage...

amazing...

oh how i wish i had a big bottle :P

This is DIVINE. It's slightly sweeter, gentler, and less 'frozen' than Cold Moon. less detailed review than usual because I put it on without making detailed notes...

IN THE IMP: slightly-sweet eucalyptus chill.

ON SKIN: mmm cold lovely goodness. the eucalyptus is there but not stomping all over everything, and it just makes me think of frozen flowers -- cold and still but a little bit of floral-sweet.

20 MINUTES: the coldness has mostly worn off, actually! I get whiffs of eucalyptus, but it's now mostly a limpid slightly sweet scent -- floral, I guess, but not WHAM IN YOUR FACE floral which would not be my speed at all. it's a subtle scent and one that hugs close to the skin - I can sniff it in the air from time to time, but mostly I can see this as being a scent that others would only smell if they came up to you and hugged you. It is a bit romantic that way.

VERDICT: Frost Moon is lovely, but definitely not as frosty as I thought she would be. It's not a cold, hard, isolated scent like Ice Queen and it doesn't have the berry note of Skadi. This scent reminds me of both Cold Moon and Havisham -- it's not omgfloral like Havisham, but it has the same kind of light-cold feel, and it has the limpid sweetness of cold moon while not being /as/ sweet or /as/ cold. It's pretty unique among the blends I've smelled! I will definitely cherish my imp; however, I probably won't actively hunt down any more.

This is kind of a sweet coldness, not a shocking coldness. It's mostly lotus and mint, with a little bit of eucalyptus. It's perfect for a cold, rainy night like tonight. I was a little worried that it wouldn't work on me, but my November lunacies always seem to pull through.

Very soft and faint, with a cool, aquatic vibe. Loses its sweetness the longer its on my skin but the cold/aquatic note doesn't make my head want to explode which is a first for me. I think it will fair better in my locket and I can see myself reaching for this in the hot summer months.

This is a very soft and gently mint/eucalyptus scent with just a bit of sweetness that disappears from my skin within about fifteen minutes! :( It's a shame because it is such a lovely scent, but I think perhaps it hasn't aged very well.

I just got a bottle of this, and I agree that it is showing its age (2004; which makes it 13 years old). It might be best to use it up quickly. I slathered it on, and the scent is fading quickly. I can use it for a bedtime scent,, and it might layer well, so it's all good.

Lovely soft winter scent, similar to Snow White; I think due to the age, it's hardly minty at all. I'm glad I tried it, and I do like it.