Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A venerable and well-respected bat, Ghost Face Bats can trace their ancestry to the late Pleistocene era.

Sugared coconut meat, vanilla pods, condensed milk, white honey, and benzoin.

In The Bottle: The soft, cuddly scent of sweet coconut mixed with benzoin and white honey. It's not foodie per se, just warm and snuggly.

Wet On Skin: The benzoin comes to the front a bit more, but the vanilla pods are in the mix now too, giving the scent some depth. The fragrance moves further from gourmand at this point, and is reminding me a bit of Hod.

Dry Down: The condensed milk finally joins the party and sweetens the mix just a bit. However, the scent retains what it basically had as traits from first sniff: warmth and cuddles.
This is a perfect cold-weather scent, and I expect to get lots of wear out of it in the next 6 months! :D

Sweet milky coconut and vanilla, with honey. In some ways, this reminds me to Dana O'Shea but without the almond, and with coconut throw in. Soft, cuddly, milky. Good throw and wear length.

I love these notes. Half my collection is creamy, sweet, vanilla, and/or coconut.  It seemed like a no brainer.

Wet: my mind concluded the note was "coconut milk" rather than "sugared coconut meat" and "condensed milk" when I first sniffed this in the bottle and on the skin. Not bad, just not sure it's what I wanted from this blend - nowhere near as sweet/foodie as I expected and it's not a tropical coconut either - to my nose, it's basically  the coconut meat sn with a dose of milk.

Drydown: As it dries, the benzoin with my chemistry threatens to go a little gasoliney, but it calms down and combines with the vanilla to give a nice depth to the "coconut milk".  I don't ever get much, if any,  honey note. although it does seem to sweeten up a little bit, it's more sugar/vanilla than honey to me (or maybe it's just a light honey). This scent lingers for quite some time and the longer it's on me the more I like it- it's comforting.   ultimately, though, I think I have plenty of scents in the creamy/coconut/vanilla category that I like more from start to finish/agree better with my chemistry. average throw, good wear.

First try of this smells like Clive Barkers Sweets to the Sweet with Sugary Coconut. The vanilla is buttery or maybe its the condensed milk note I am picking up. Either way it's a rich, almost baked creamy coconut smell to my nose when dry. 

Ghost-Faced Bat's first impression on me is a pretty, sugared vanilla coconut meat with a dollop of honey. It definitely gives a coconut meat impression, rather than just coconut, though there's nothing coconut-watery about it. I like this phase.

In drydown, the honey grows a bit, but stays secondary. I start to smell benzoin and sweet condensed milk in the mix. 

After this dries, something smells a tad off on me, and I like the blend a bit less from that point. I think it might be a chemistry quirk with the condensed milk. This might settle down on its own, or I could add a little vanilla or honey scent to the blend later to help it along.

Nice blend.

Condensed milk and something slightly sour or off in the bottle. On application I realize it’s toasted coconut. This dries into a honey note which cycles between the Lab’s perfumy and foodie honeys — the foodie one is too cloying for me. A bit of the toastiness sticks around. I absolutely see where zankoku_zen is getting Dana O’Shee vibes.

Edited by Soupy Twist

I got this hoping for a vanilla/benzoin scent, but on me this is honey honey honey. As it dries the honey backs off a little and lets a very little vanilla and powdery benzoin through, which turns into a stable honeyed coconut. A bit sour from the milk. Reminds me of Miskatonic University. This seems like it will age very well.

In the decant, I mainly get the coconut meat, condensed milk, and honey notes, and those are also the main players on my skin. The remain the stars of the show throughout wear, with the benzoin and vanilla bean poking through after a few hours. There's this foody element (I agree with Soupy Twist about the toasted coconut aspect) that kind of reminds me of Magic Cookie Bars (because this contains coconut and condensed milk notes), but I can also see the Dana O'Shee vibes.

I don't typically wear coconut-forward scents, so I am not sure I'd reach for this, but I do think it is nice! :)

Same buttery coconut I get from Obatala, but with something quite a bit more sophisticated. And this stuff LASTS on my skin, wow!

Wet: Coconut and vanilla. Very, VERY creamy.

Dry: The sweetness amped up on the dry-down! Still a very rich, creamy, coconut-vanilla scent.

Coconut is not something I typically like, but I think I'll hold on to my decant. If you're a coconut lover, I think you'd really enjoy this!

My Mom likes to make a variation of “maid of honor” jam tarts, which have a soft, creamy filling made of coconut and condensed milk. This smells like an even richer version of the filling. Soooo warm, sweet and yummy. I can’t get over how true the condensed milk note is, it’s bang on! A real comfort scent.

I love this - hangs fairly close to the skin, but lasts for a good 5 hours. I smell like the most perfect flan.

This reminds me a great deal of Obatala, the coconut meat seems to be similar smooth and natural, it is other notes that make it a great deal sweeter. The honey is most distinct to me, and the blend pushes more gourmand as it dries. 

Far too sweet for me.  Lovely condensed milk note, but the honey and sugared coconut is making this one nauseating to me.

Milk and cream notes are always a gamble on me, but the rest of the components of Ghost Faced Bat are favorites, so I had to give it a try.  It's almost glorious:  yummy sweet creamy coconut and honey, with the benzoin keeping things from getting overly foodie.  But after about and hour, the sweetened condensed milk note turns on my skin.  I would probably still put it in my coffee if the alternative were drinking it black, but I would worry a little.  The slightly soured milk persists for the rest of the life of the scent, fading in and out somewhat but never retreating entirely.  If you love coconut and honey and can handle dairy notes, this should be a dream on you.  It has a little throw and good wear length on me.  

Imp: vanilla and coconut cream

Wet: a sticky, milky sweetness slathered in honey, tempered by resin. I assume it's benzoin but I'll be honest, I have no idea what benzoin smells like on its own; this reminds me of amber, but thicker and more bitter.

Dry: Tanning oil. I knew it would turn this way, coconut always does. It's not unpleasant, but not... exactly what I want to smell like. More vanilla and creamy white shades would have been nice.

A reasonable throw, and an average 6-8 hour lifespan, but possibly longer in cooler weather (I tested this at the height of summer, in 37C heat). Keeping to age, and to experiment with.

Stars: ★★★½

Any sweetness of the sugar, honey, and condensed milk is tempered by the saltiness of coconut meat - like the chunks you get at the bottom of really fresh, unsweetened coconut water. I think that salty note is what's making the milk seem sour for some folks - the dairy aspect leans towards goat milk, while the sweetness of condensed milk joins forces with the honey. 

I don't get much vanilla or benzoin, but I'm discovering that those notes on me are like a really good personal assistant: they make all the other notes awesome without being detectable themselves. 

If you like non-foody, not-super-sweet milk notes, this is a great smell!

I could have sworn I reviewed this a while ago when I purchased a decant.  Anyways, in the bottle I get Obatala-esque coconut and soft sweet honey.  Wet is about the same just stronger and sweeter.  Dry down on this I lose all but a hint of the coconut which is ok, because it’s a very soft “fuzzy” creamy non floral honey.  Not sure what gives it the fuzzy feel, but it’s very pretty and cozy and kinda reminds me of the raw honey cream I used to buy a lot to eat with crackers and cheese lol.

the coconut reads a little watery to me at first, and the condensed milk has that initial dairy tang that i love, though i know it's of the variety that sours on some folks.  it settles into a sweet, creamy white coconut with enough benzoin the keep it from being a pure confection. i never got any honey, but white honey is usually very faint on me and the other notes are a bit boisterous.  this is lighter than i was expecting, which is a pleasant surprise. 

i love all these notes, so it's no shocker that i think this is lovely.  very comforting and cuddly, as others have noted. 

Edited by MamaMoth