Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet brandy, dark rum, heavy cream, sugar, and a dash of nutmeg.

In the vial: Buttery, delicious rum.

On me: Buttery rum and lots of spices. This dries down to a gorgeous spiced eggnog blend. I love it!

Verdict: A new favorite. Bottle, please?

Rating: 5/5 Edited by Shollin

In the Bottle: I definitely smell cream and sugar and nutmeg. Faint touch of rum, but not much.

On Application: Hmmm, strange plastic smell, faintly covered by butter, slightly sweetened by sugar. Hardly any throw, which I suppose is good, because the plastic smell is strong in this scent.

On Drydown: The plastic has faded a bit into a vaguely alcoholic scent, but it's still plasticy in undertone. There's definitely cream, but it's almost a rancid cream on my skin.

Comments: Egg Nog doesn't like my skin, apparently. Oh well. I don't think I'll hang on to this imp.

Verdict: Swap! :P

My dad's Egg Nog defines Christmas for me, and here it is in a bottle.

It's creamy, and boozy, and spicey, and everything I could ask for. I hope I can find more of this; or maybe Beth will take pity and make more this year? :P

Egg Nog

I have read review that refer to a scent as being like a baby diaper. That is totally what Egg Nog smells like on me. Clean, diapers. Yuk! I usually love foody, but not this one.

Egg Nog-

In Bottle: I smell rum and cream. Faint, but delicious.

Wet: Mmm, almost coconut cream. Not very strong but very nice.

Dry: Oh, my. Oh, it's gone in barely minutes. Oh, that's sad; I thought it would be pretty delicious. Might try it on a scent locket but I'm not optimistic since it was so faint even in the bottle.

Overall: Regrettable fader.

In the bottle: Slightly plasticky sweet booze.

Wet: Booze, I recognise the brandy note, and it still smells plasticky. I also get a bit of rum.

Drydown: I get a bit of nutmeg, and lots of sugar, and plasticky booze. There's a slightly creamy vanilla scent, too. The rum comes out, it smells like burnt sugar on me.

Overall: Aw, this is a real dud. It's all plastic on me, it smells realy fake and... runny, thin? As if it's diluted. I don't know how real eggnog smells like, but this is far from being warm or pleasant. And extreme drydown gives me cardboard.

This is tradition in a bottle for me. Homemade eggnog plays an important role in my family's holiday celebration, and this scent captures that essence perfectly.

I love it when dried-down, and it warms from the boozy notes to more of an eggnog cake, warm and delicious with spices. Eat my arm? HELL yeah.

I'll be using this both on me, for a holiday moodpickerupper when strategically needed :D and I think it'll be lovely thinned with a little jojoba in the old oil burner. This is just winter holiday yumminess. :P

Tried as part of the LE circular swap: This is very sweet and creamy and definitely true to its name, but is more subtle than I'd expected. I generally don't go in for the blends that smell like specific foods, but Egg Nog was surprisingly warm and nice on my skin - like an evocation of Nog, as opposed to a rendering of it. I really liked this and would love to be able to get more...

Oh Eggnog...you beautiful noggy goodness, why have I discovered you so late???

This is the *ultimate* foody scent, it trumps Monsterbait: Closet (although we'll have to see about those new monsterbaits, won't we...).

It's perfectly sweet, rich, nutty, boozy, creamy, and all around perfect. How I wish I had a bottle. :P

Vial: Whoa. This smells absolutely dead on like egg nog. I adore egg nog as a drink, but I'm not sure about it as a perfume!

Wet: Wow. This is less eggnoggy and more creamy sugar. There's still a touch of brandy and nutmeg, but it's been taken over by the cream and sugar.

Drydown: the brandy is gone. This is a sugar candy, thickened with sweet cream. Unfortunately, there's a note of plastic coming out in this, like new tupperware. Not a lot, just enough to be noticed.

Reviewing 2004:

In bottle: Mmmm. Thick spicy sweet.

On me: Luscious. The booziness doesn't take it over. It's lickable sugar and spice. Wow, I hope Egg Nog '07 is like this...

I am in total heaven. Between this, gingerbread poppet, el dia de reyes and snowstorm I have fallen in love with bpal.

This is really yummy boozy creamy eggnog in a bottle. Nothing at all artificial to my nose. It smells creamy and drinkable. Staying power and throw are a little light but that's ok.. I can reapply.

Going to buy another bottle of this and all the others I mentioned lol

NOGGY GOODNESS! Egg Nog '07 is downright drinkable (but I won't! That would be wrong!). It really does smell just like a cup of slightly spiked egg nog! It is a little light but I like the boozy oils to be that way...keeps the coworkers from wondering if I have a flask in my desk.

I'm so glad this was resurrected for this year's Yule!

in the bottle brandy and rum, indeed! it almost makes your eyes water. the nutmeg is a sweet afterthought and there is a smoothness that is reminiscent of cream.

wet on skin the alcohol smell burns off almost instantly, leaving a spicy cream scent behind that i really liked until....

dry on skin i had three nine year olds exclaim in glee that it smelled exactly like PLAY-DOH! oh. and it totally does, too. d'oh.

this one goes to swap or sell. i can never enjoy it after being told that it smells like preschool art supplies. :P

i'm gutted. :D

Egg Nog 2007 is much lighter than I expected. I was wary, thinking it might be overly sweet, but it brought a smile to my face as the scent rose from my skin--a touch of nutmeg, a drizzle of sweetness, a spoonful of cream, and an underlying richness.

My skin drank it quickly, and before it vanished, it became a little powdery.

I prefer winsome scents to heavier ones, like Snake Oil, because, no matter how lightly I apply it, Snake Oil wears me instead of me wearing it. I would put Egg Nog into the same category as the Unicorn, Empyreal Mist, and the Queen of Hearts: gentle, pretty, come-hither scents. :P

Bottle: Egg Nog!

Wet: Egg Nog with a sharp note that must be the booze.

Drydown: Unfortunately, my skin ate all the good parts of this scent and left me with booze.

3.0 outta 5

Edited by Honeygirl

Egg Nog 2007

Wet: Booze! Wow, straight up alcohol, with a bit of sugar thrown in.

Dry: Lightly spiked egg nog. I love it, but unfortunately it has light throw and doesn’t last long. I’ll probably use this one in a scent locket.

In the bottle: Strong, dark rum and sweet brandy!

Wet: Rum, then brandy, then nutmeg...

The dry down, a generously spiced vanilla, is quite delicious. Mmmm! I love me some nog!

Egg Nogg 2007: This is so good. I get a bit of play doh in the beginning, which I don't mind. When dry, it's soft, vanilla custard, with a bit of rum. I love it and might need a second bottle. I'm happy that I don't smell raw eggs in this, since I don't like eggs and haven't eaten one in years. This was a real surprise love!

In the bottle:

It smells exactly like egg nog!

Wet:

Yup, still yummy eggnog. *prays fervently that her skin won't eat it*

Dry:

Still yummy eggnog. Oh man. I have tried 4 of my Yulies and so far, they all seem to be likely second-bottle purchases. I wonder how I am going to afford holiday gifts. *scratches head*

Edited to add: Hmmm, this went weird and cardboardy on me after about an hour. I will give it another try, and will be sad if it doesn't work. Although at least my wallet will be a little happier if at least one of the Yules is not a hoarder for me. :P

Edited by n3m3sis42

2007 version...

straight sniff from bottle reminds me exactly of the 2004 version which was not

my friend... :D

once applied this is absolutely the sweetest, creamiest, yummiest egg nog scent ever!!

ZomG...slightly spicy swirled with a touch of brandy and nutmeg...yay!! this one

works fantastically and i am so happy i took a chance on egg nog :P

EGG NOG 2007

WET: It smells exactly like thick, creamy egg nog.

DRY: This smells exactly like thick, creamy egg nog... but with more booze. It sort of turns into a rum-laden egg nog drink with lots of nutmeg and a hint of vanilla-like creaminess. It has an average throw and wear-length. As time passes this lightens into a more gentle version of egg nog, sans the booze, before fading off into nothing. This smells so delicious. It really makes me wish I had some egg nog to drink. :P

I don't know what's happening to me. I've suddenly turned somewhat foody. It's weird.

But I had a feeling about EggNog and even though I was never interested before, I bought a bottle. Yep, it's EggNog in the bottle, and on my skin it's rum and cream and warmth.

I really like it and it makes me want to cuddle.

N.

Creamy, sweet, and a bit boozy. It reminds me of a less sweet Egg'd Mailbox. It's really beautiful!

This one faded really fast on me, so next go round I'll have to slather a bit more.

More please!!