Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RedPersimmon

Pumpkin Spice Sanguinem Menstruum

"It would indeed be a difficult matter to find anything which is productive of more marvellous effects than the menstrual discharge. On the approach of a woman in this state, must will become sour, seeds which are touched by her become sterile, grafts wither away, garden plants are parched up, and the fruit will fall from the tree beneath which she sits. Her very look, even, will dim the brightness of mirrors, blunt the edge of steel, and take away the polish from ivory. A swarm of bees, if looked upon by her, will die immediately; brass and iron will instantly become rusty, and emit an offensive odour; while dogs which may have tasted of the matter so discharged are seized with madness, and their bite is venomous and incurable."

-Pliny the Elder

The copper tang of blood musk, swept by a cloud of dying bees and red poppies of madness, glammed up for fall with a swirl of cozy gourd-enhancing spices.

This one's a morpher! At first, I got pumpkin, spices, and honey. Then it dried down to incense and Coke and honey, with a floral bent. Then a few hours later, it's champaca-honey and dizzy opium poppy. I get the metallic blood musk notes now, too.

I won a half decant in a FB PIF and got to try this!!!  I totally agree with Red Persimmon that this is a morpher; in fact, my experience was quite similar.  PSSM started out all pumpkin spice on me, then the honey joined the pumpkin spice.  The spice faded as the red musk emerged, then the red musk faded as the opium poppy emerged.  The final drydown is all honey and opium poppy.  I don't get (or miss) the metallic blood notes.  I also don't get the headiness or staying power of regular SM (not something I wear to work!).  I think this has the possibility of aging really well, though, and knitting the pumpkin spices together with the goddess on the rag.  

The color of this oil is orange honey. It looks like a very orange honey. I get mainly honey and Pumpkin Spices on wet, and then it gets muskier as it dries. It still a pretty sweet honey blend on me, primarily. Good throw and wear length.

I wear regular SM pretty regularly and I have to say that this is mostly pumpkin spice and not much SM. I also don't typically like foodie scents, so pumpkin spice isn't in my usual line up so I don't know what it's usually like, but it interacts in interesting ways with SM. I think the honey from the original scent is amping the PS sweetness and at the same time the musk and poppies are making the spices more complex. It kiiinda reminds me of a PSL that's been left out overnight. After a few hours this settles down to a powdery, creamy, sweet, very lightly spicy scent.

just did a decant of this and wanted to come here to note that it is ORANGE. like super duper milky cloudy orange.  there was one of the 'Weenies that looked a lot like this.  thankfully they smell really really different.

i'm... coming down with something so my smeller's not smelling things very well but i do get that pumpkin spice* smell, with a little bit of something almost floral-y? don't really get any of the original SM though.

* = i don't like that pumpkin spice thing.  i love pumpkin, and pumpkin pie, and nutmeg, but whatever's in that "pumpkin spice" flavour/smell that took over this time of year, i don't like it.  

(i also don't drink coffee, use any kind of pepper, eat ketchup or mustard, but i love fruitcake and will happily drink straight Golden Grain)

I love this. Like, a lot. I also have no idea how to properly describe it. It's definitely Pumpkin, and definitely musk, and then there's some notes of...honeysuckle? That's what I'm getting. And also a slight metallic note which must be the "blood musk". It all blends together beautifully. The spice aspect is light. Also, if you liked this season's Pumpkin Musk and Black Oudh (I love it), then you definitely need to track down a decant or bottle of this, because it almost feels like a companion scent.  

I haven't smelled the original Sanguinem Menstruum, so I didn't know what to expect. I managed to snag TTP's leftover decant. It's nice. It's a sweet musk. I don't know that I would describe it as pumpkin spice, though. I'm really enjoying it, though. The honey isn't overpowering, nor is the floral. I truly amp mostly the musk.

first off i smell that nutty pumpkin note, along with red musk, spices and a tiny hint of honey. some poppy/opium comes about later but it's pretty subtle. this is primarily a spicy, buttery pumpkin and red musk on me. not really my thing at all, but it was a frimp so i happily tried it.

Ny bottle is well aged and I realized I've never reviewed it. This is glorious! The pumpkin spice blend is dominant at first, as it tends to be. Heavy on ginger even. Then as it dries down, the blood musk steps forward and brings out a jar of honey.  After a while, this becomes the scent of sweet dark redness on a crisp autumn day. This makes me think of the scene with Mina Harker in that gorgeous red dress in Bram Stoker's Dracula - crisp red taffeta, spicy hot with sexual tension. 🔥

A frottle from the Lab! I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice, but I've been leery of blood and musk (and honestly I'm a bit squicked by blood in general!), so this isn't something I'd've ever picked, but let's try!

It's...a spiced honey? A rich dark very spiced honey? Okay, this isn't bad so far...

As it dries, I get more musk, though it's still very spice-forward - pumpkin-spice-drenched honey over a red musk. I think maybe I'm also getting a hint of the opium poppy at the back? It's definitely a dark scent, like deep scarlet velvet. Poenari mentioned Dracula above, and I can totally see this being a vampire scent. 🧛‍♀️