Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The White Chamber Atmosphere Spray

Lily of the valley, cedarwood, chamomile, vanilla orchid, white sandalwood, and polished oak.

I love lily of the valley so was super excited for this atmo. And lily of the valley is definitely the star here. The cedarwood, sandalwood, and oak cut the sweetness of the floral and give this a woody base. The chamomile and vanilla orchid give it a slightly herbal edge/additional floral that skews a bit waxy and spicy. Super pretty!

Sandalwood and vanilla orchid upfront with chamomile lingering in the background. Can't really smell any lily of the valley but it may be hiding as just a general "floral note" to me. After it's been lingering in the air a bit the polished oak comes out and it really keeps it from becoming overwhelmingly floral. My new go-to!

Lily of the valley, sandalwood, and a whiff of the other notes. To me, this really does smell like lily of the valley over a bed of woody sandalwood. And you know, I sort of really love it. Would definitely buy more of this.

This reminds me a lot of BPAL's "Cabbage White" perfume.  I'm guessing it's the mix of lily of the valley with vanilla over a bed of dusty softness, though in Cabbage White it's from the orris, and here it's from the sandalwood.  It's nice, vaguely sweet, and a bit powdery and feminine.  It's not overpoweringly floral or prim, and I think the wood notes keep from going too fussy.  A gentle cedar comes out on my blankies that I squirted down. It actually makes me think more of the color lavender than white, sort of soft and muted.  

whoops, i didn't pay enough attention and sprayed this on my skin, thinking it was a hair gloss at first. oh well. first off i get a waxy white floral, like lily with vanilla orchid. i get some woods in the background, not too intensely cedar-y, thankfully. this is a nice creamy white floral scent. the woods get stronger after awhile and the florals are still there but more balanced with the woods. this is a very late winter/early spring scent to me. i think it'd be great to re-try at that time of year.

Bottle fresh from the Trading Post.

Oh my, do I love this!  

In in the bottle, it is white lily-of-the-valley with white orchids, set against a woody background in which I can pick out a whisper of cedar.  A faint note of vanilla grounds the scent somewhat, but the vanilla is too blended with the floral and wood notes to be at all foody.  But it does bring the scent down to earth a little more than in the companion hair gloss, just as is described in the notes for this flight of fragrances.

Sprayed on some linens, it is much the same.  All white and heavenly, like angel's wings and angel's robes. Now I don't get any vanilla at all, amd I don't miss it.  I don't mind foody notes in room and linen scents like I do in a body scent, but even the non-foody vanilla in this one would seem too grounded for this ethereal fragrance. 

This blend of notes evokes the theme just beautifully.  And I'm really glad I got the pair, of matching Atnosmosperic Spray and Hair Gloss.  It is great fun to compare the ways they are alike and the ways they are different, and how each contributes to fulfill to the theme.

Predominant Note: Lily-of-the-Valley

Characteristic: Mixed white florals, Ethereal, Feminine

6 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

Initially the lily and cedarwood combine rather sharply, but luckily they are quickly smoothed out by the other notes. Fresh yet powdery, and grounded by the woods this makes me think of a Georgian parlor.