Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Violet Window Hair Gloss

Wild plum oudh and crushed violets.

Ugh, I love The Violet Window HG. I love violet in general, so there's that. But the plum oudh falls like a purple shadow across the floral note in a way that makes this so huffable and addictive. :bunnyluv:

Oof. I am so bummed because Violet Window is ROUGH. It smells like that kind of high-note cheap hairspray that is overly perfumey. (I reacted to this the way I react to cigarette smoke! 😷) I can sense the plum and violets underneath if I sniff and concentration, but that skunky blast is just too strong.

Edited by Leopard403

wet this is a big bright fruity plum over slightly sweet and dusty violets and incense (the oudh is more dark rich smokey and not at all barny)

the fruit calms down a bit as it dries.  feels pretty and perfumey.  i like it. reminds me of a brighter and more straightforward cousin to the century guild Alice scent, Nevar.

So.... a big bottle of this is on it's way to my house.  :smile:  Generally, I get a dark, woody plum.  It reminds me a bit of Black Moths, though it's not quite THAT dark, but a similar vibe for me.  I tend to have a love - hate relationship with oudh.  It's behaving here, as it has in all the Red Death blends I've tried so far, and lends a deep, woody, incensey base to the fragrance of perfumey plum tempered by a hint of violet.  This one also sticks around for more than 24 hours on me, which I love, but be aware, it has some oomph.  

If you like dark scents and plum, this one gets a big, fat thumbs up.  :thumbsup:

Oh, boy, this is as beautiful as I hoped! It is a more traditional perfumey plum, as opposed to fruity, and a powdery violet is definitely present, to my delight. The oude adds deepness and as others mentioned, is not barnyard.