Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Orange Window Hair Gloss

King mandarin, wildflower honey, cognac, labdanum, honeybush and blood orange.

The Orange Window HG is like an orange-lovers' dream. The king mandarin and blood orange are in the forefront, with the honey. The cognac, labdanum, and rooibos trail, making this a bit boozy/resiny and adding a subtle tea note. I think this is my second-favorite of the Halloween hair glosses I've received this year, and would layer so beautifully with any orange-dominant perfume or Snake Oil.

The Orange Window HG is very, very orange, with lots of mandarin and sweet blood orange, like they've just come out of the juicer and been spiked with a dollop of honey and a little splash of cognac and rooibos tea.  I kept trying and failing to find the leather until I looked up the notes and remembered the leather was in the atmo. I'm not getting much resin, and I can't comment on the honeybush. Not a note I know. Work friendly because your coworkers will imagine someone has just peeled open a clementine, it smells so realistic.

Ooohhh yes, I knew I'd like this one!

As soon as I sprayed this, it was POW orange zest. Very fresh, orange, and borderline-orange cleaner scented. The cleaner scent quickly dissipates, and it really does smell like fresh orange zest, with maybe a touch of honey.

This will be PERFECT for summer. If you enjoy citrus scents, grab this!

Suuuper bright tangerine/orange.  It doesn't smell like a cleaner or anything, but I'm a little saddened by the lack of complexity.  I thought the other notes might come out in the dry down, but they don't really.  At least, not on me.  This pretty much stays a slightly sweetened citrus orange on me till it fades.  To the swapmobile!

The orange and mandarin are up front in this, with the honey giving it some light sweetness. Deciding whether or not to get a full bottle. It does not project much after ther serious first in your face blast, but I can smell the orangey-ness when I bury my nose in my hair. It's pretty and would layer well with other glosses like Antique Lace for a creamsicle effect.

I could not open my decant, but the scent from the lid smelled like honeyed orange.

As soon as I sprayed some of the hair gloss in my hands before applying it to my hair, I knew that this would not be for me, but I decided to test it anyways.

This is strong on the orange and mandarin notes, but it's perfume-y, like the white part of the peel is involved here. I also get the honey (which indeed reads as wildflower honey) and some honeybush from this, but I'm never able to pick up on any labdanum. The scent didn't put me in a citrus cloud, but I could still smell it at the end of the day when I held my hair up to my nose, so it has decent longevity.

I wasn't really fond of the perfume-y white part of the orange, and there was a point when it reminded me of Covfefe, which reminded me of a children's vitamin or chewable tablet. So it's not something I'd want to put in my hair again, even though I normally love citrus scents.

I will stick to The Geisha and the Samurai HG for my orange-y hair gloss.

wet: juicy, fresh oranges dipped in honey yummm

dry: this goes to chewable orange vitamins (that's better than cleaner, right?) i love orange in theory, but it so rarely behaves with my chemistry/nose and unfortunately this is no exception for me - ymmv!

Loving this! Put it on wet hair and it's still fairly strong 24 hours later. I get a waft of orange and what reminds me of the Lab's dry booze note (like gin and champagne without the fizz), which I adore. Hint of soft wildflower honey, and this is something I want in perfume form as well! 

Like Lunameth, l get lots of orange with a champagne-like note. The honey comes & goes. Very fun & perky.