Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Blood Red Window Panes Hair Gloss

Red musk, saffron threads, molten honey, and tobacco oudh.

Red, red, red. The Blood Red Window Panes HG smells like dark red incarnate. I would call this a red musk-prominent blend, but the other notes really get their fingers into it. The saffron and honey sweeten this and turn it sideways, and the tobacco oudh makes it smell decadent and perverse. It's a bit like if the Infernal Lover took a dose of debauched tobacco oudh and went out on the town. The oudh is definitely present, but I wouldn't call it overpowering.

Okay, so don't get me wrong; I love me some red musk! However, that's most of what you can smell here. I'm getting some of the tobacco oudh as well (this oudh doesn't seem to be the... uh... stinky one), but the red musk is very dominant here. That's all that really lingers in my hair upon dry-down.

I wish the honey made itself more present!

Predictably, my husband doesn't like Blood Red Window Panes.  He pretty much hates red musk.  So I will have to wear this one when he's not around.  It's definitely dominated by the honeyed red musk, with some warm oudh and tobacco backing it up.  I can't honestly smell the saffron.  I just sprayed this one onto my dry hair straight out of the mail, but it's sticking around really well; I bet it will last even better when applied to wet hair.  

Tobacco oudh, red musk and a whiff of honey. This one is red, strong, and very in your face. Good throw and wear length.

This is one of those lusty, sexy scents that verges on dirty.  I dig it.  The primary notes I get are the tobacco and red musk, but there's definitely a sticky sweetness to the tobacco from the honey and an undertone of funkiness from the oudh.  It reads more as sex to me though than poo, if that makes sense.  Overall, it's a nice balance of notes.  I ordered a full bottle and will wear it when feeling naughty.  ;)  This one lasts a while on me as well, and I have a feeling it will age really well.

Edited by VetchVesper

Not sure why I never reviewed this when I bought it. It has aged super well. It is naughty. It is smoky, debauched red. I get a lot of tobacco and oud from this. Pretty wicked throw, too. I do better with all of the hair glosses spraying my hands and then rubbing them onto my hair, or I wind up looking like an oil slick. As a bonus, I have found the hair gloss is nice for making your elbows soft. (And smell great!) Every time I have worn this, people around me have mentioned smelling smoke. Specifically wood smoke. It really does take on that quality in my hair.