Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tauntonlake

Samhain Pyre Hair Gloss

The remnants of bonfire smoke and incense.

OK, I guess I'll go first :tongue: ... This is a very pretty scent. It's very light, and "lemony" .. I don't get "bonfire smoke", like the Bonfire Smoke atmosphere spray. If I get woodsmoke at all .. it might be a faintly smoldering pile of cedar, from a distance.. The "incense," I can't pick out the notes of.

This doesn't seem to be a "morpher". i get a one-note, light, lemony sort of faint cedar smoke. I'm crap at picking out exact fragrance notes when I don't know what the components are. ;) Light to medium throw. But I like it. It's a sweet, and pretty scent.

I was worried about this one due to “Samhain” in the name (that blend doesn’t work for me) but this has absolutely no relation to that scent.

This gloss is all bonfire and smoke. It’s not a sweet bonfire with s’mores or sappy bonfire with leaves, but rather a dry woody bonfire. The incense is lending a hand to the dryness but the smoke keeps it from being a full incense gloss. Then again, it’s not wholely smokey to be a smoke scent either. It’s somewhere in the middle.

If you’re looking for a roaring, smokey bonfire, this doesn’t get you the full way there. But if you want a dry gloss with an echo of an autumn bonfire, this is it.

I wish that got any bit of smoke. All I get is a sickly sweetness that overwhelms anything else. I get a faint sense that there is *something* lurking under all the sickeningly sweetness that hits me in the face....but I never get a hold of it. So sweet it makes me a little I'll. I've been letting it sit, hoping that it may open up to me eventually.

Wow, such varying reviews.

My take on this is that it’s almost a clean, slightly sweet incense scent, if that’s even possible, lol. I get no smoke, no vetiver, just a very nice, slightly autumnally clean, almost fresh vibe. I get no lemon. This actually smells a little traditional to me, as opposed to what I consider your typical BPAL type scent. I own probably 40-50 different hair glosses and this is different from anything I own and I love it. Boyfriend approved as well! ❤️

Hmm. I am curious reading all the reviews, as we seem to have such varying impressions. First sniff, I get dead leaves with an intriguing  almost reefer smell which sadly does not last long enough. I get no smoke or incense, but a pretty, light scent. 

I would best describe this scent as a poetic metaphor for bonfire smoke. It is not a literal bonfire smoke accord. Lightly camphorous, along with -- something that tickles my nose. This must be what previous reviews described as lemony, but it doesn't read lemon to me at all, only.. lemonesque. Faded incense is the barest echo and is once again the suggestion of incense rather than identifiable incense notes. I can't even begin to pin down specific notes, but the overall impression is dry, wispy, and surreal. Quite nice.