Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Pumpkin Donut Hair Gloss

With a cinnamon and maple glaze.

This is so much lighter than I thought it would be! Pumpkin Donut HG has a fresh pumpkin note that smells like it's just been scooped out—it's nearly floral. The baked good aspect of this is very subtle. The cinnamon and maple are in fact more perceptible to me than the donut angle. That said, it does smell like dessert, it's just not a heavy scent. The sillage smells more like pumpkin donut than it does during application/wet, so interesting. I like this, and it's even more wearable than I thought it would be (sometimes the foody scents are too much for me to wear to work).

I agree with LiberAmoris and zee_zee. The pumpkin note in this is a fresh, unexpectedly floral one. I've tested this two days in a row: once on damp hair, once on dry. When it is first applied, I get lots of maple glaze, and then the odd floral-like pumpkin note. It doesn't really have a baked goods quality to it, and the only thing about it that is foodie is the maple. The cinnamon note is light. I can smell it in my hair after several hours of wear (I get the maple, followed by the floral pumpkin note and a dash of cinnamon), but only when I hold my hair up to my nose. It doesn't seem to be one of those hair glosses that leaves you in a cloud of scent.

Not bad, but not as doughnut-y as I was hoping for. But if you're looking for maple, you won't be disappointed! :)

Unfortunately this was a disappointment for me. I was hoping for sweet foodie doughnuts, but all I get is floral strange pumpkin with a tiny dash of cinnamon. No foody quality whatsoever.

This sounded like my perfect foodie pumpkin blend.. but unfortunately I was a bit disappointed.

The maple is stronger than the pumpkin IMO, and the pumpkin is more of a freshly picked pumpkin, rather than pumpkin pie.. pumpkin. 

Not reading as "donut" to me at all. Bummer.

I like this, but I would suggest not going into this expecting sugary sweet donuts. The maple and pumpkin notes are way stronger than the donut. It's still really good, and because the donut note isn't as strong I could see this working well for people who are wanting to try gourmand hair glosses without smelling like a donut shop. The cinnamon almost reminds me of dead leaves for some reason, maybe there's something else in here that makes it smell similar.

I'm not picking up on any floral notes that other reviews are mentioning, I guess any of those notes faded away with aging. This would be a perfect compliment to any pumpkin oils and is a great fit for autumn.