Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No. 123, keeps a first class house, with six lady boarders, handsomely dressed, of pleasing manners, ready wit, and sparkling eyes. It is the finest house on the street, and superbly furnished.

Effervescent grapefruit musk with a cluster of jasmine petals and a swish of blood orange and lime.

I really hate to review first but this is beautiful and deserves praise. It's less effervescent than expected but there's a mimosa quality at the onset. This would be the orange and the bubbly note. I'm getting just a hint of the lime and it's authentic, less sugared than the note in Clown Princess of Crime or the Single Note released earlier this year or last?

The jasmine is definitely present and supports and bridges the sparkling opening but this becomes all about the grapefruit musk thirty minutes or so and this dominates the dry phase. This note is fresh, youthful, and uplifting. The musk is a low pitched thrumming which grounds and complements the grapefruit and jasmine beautifully. It also marks this scent as a fragrance rather than an aromatherapy blend, yet I nevertheless appreciate the mood elevation and cognitive boosting effect from the citrus, in particular the grapefruit. Adjectives which come to mind are youthful, upscale, optimistic, ebullient.

I am eternally grateful to my Fairy for purchasing this on my behalf. I think it's best for Spring however I will look to this for an uplifting feeling in the Winter when sunny days, warmth, and tanned skin are fading memory. I'm glad to have a bottle and would gladly purchase a backup if they're offered on Etsy or secondary market sales.

Bubbly citrus jasmine. This smells like a refine orange blossom cologne. There's something slightly old timey about it. Delicate, citrusy, floral. This is the sort of perfume for a refined lady. Medium throw and wear length.

If jasmine were a summer drink, this is what it would smell like. It’s jasmine, but it’s tamed, a little bubbly, and a bit drinkable. ❤️

This is primarily grapefruit musk swirled with jasmine petals on me, mixed with a squirt of lime. It's a citrusy floral scent with the citrus aspect dominating throughout, although the jasmine is definitely a main player. The grapefruit is the strongest of the citrus notes on my skin, followed by the lime.

I seem to prefer my citrus without any floral notes (the exception being Baobhan Sith), so Mrs. Wilson isn't really for me due to the prominence of the jasmine, even though I enjoy the citrus part of this.

I don't do jasmine and would never have tried this had it not been included as a frottle in a recent decant circle and generously shared with participants.  Mrs. Wilson is almost all jasmine on me, with the citrus in the background.  But it's THAT jasmine, the one that is the exception on my skin, the one that is rich and round and sweet and creamy and altogether gorgeous.  I have occasionally found this jasmine in other blends but I wear florals so rarely that I can't tell you offhand which ones they are.  If you love the smell of jasmine and it goes all cat pee on your skin, TRY THIS.  I'll be passing on my decant because big ole florals just aren't me, but I can still appreciate how gorgeous this is.  

I received this as a frottle from the lab.

While I am definitely not in the jasmine haters club (in fact, I love it! Sometimes I forget how much I love it until I put on one of my jasmine heavy fragrances and fall in love all over again), but citrus is decidedly not my thing at all. Any fragrance that seems too "summery" or citrus heavy is one I generally avoid... so I wasn't too sure how much I would love this one.

Apparently the lab knows me and my tastes better than I know myself, because I do really enjoy it. Never would have bought it from the notes alone, but I'm so happy to have it in my collection. It's joyful and bright, incredibly invigorating. I can see putting this on to uplift my mood. I don't know what it is, but there's something about this blend that makes me feel awake, alert, and ready to tackle anything. It's comforting, but not in the typical "cozy fragrance" way. It's more like Mrs. Wilson is telling me that things will be okay. That things are still bright and shining, even just in my little scent cloud.

Yes, it's jasmine and yes, it's citrus. I know these notes don't appeal to everyone. I'm not a "freshie" person myself. But this is a great combination of zetsy and floral I'm really, really happy to own.

Like others have said, this would make a fantastic summer drink.

Edited by Kanra

Picked this up over at Ajevie's Paws for a Cause Black Phoenix Charity Sale. Go help them paws. 🐶🐯

The reviews really sold me on this one, so thank you all! This is like Gobo's sophisticated mom, the same sweet citrus notes with a gorgeous, waxy, white floral, reminiscent of tuberose to me a bit more than jasmine. I've smelled this note somewhere in the Land of BPAL, but can't for the life of me remember which one. Not indolic, cloying, or powdery, but deep, sweet, and lush. The citrus sticks around for the entirety of the wear with the floral, one never overtaking the other, just perfectly balanced.

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. It's a fun scent, great for any age, but perfect for a sexy mamma who wears pretty dresses and knows she still got it. ❤️ 

For fans of Gobo, Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, if you could imagine a floral version of those.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak