In the black furrow of a field
I saw an old witch-hare this night;
And she cocked her lissome ear,
And she eyed the moon so bright,
And she nibbled o’ the green;
And I whispered ‘Whsst! witch-hare,’
Away like a ghostie o’er the field
She fled, and left the moonlight there.

A leaper between worlds, the tiny trickster; she soars through liminal spaces, dancing in the strange shadows of dawn and twilight.

Warm fur and mandrake root, blue sage and tall grasses, honeysuckle-tinged moonlight, carrot seed, comfrey, and dandelion.

My mother would say, "Quick, quick, like a bunny," and here I am to give the first review. :biggrin:

This one is soft, and sweet, and green. The honeysuckle is what I notice first, and then the carrot, which i haven't ever experienced as a perfume note before, but it's nice. Fresh, and gently sweet like a cup of fancy carrot juice. I'm guessing dandelion adds to the general sweet, green feel. A teeeensy bit of herbal spice starts to peek out in the dry down, but mostly, I think the herbal notes balance Hare and keep it from being too floral. Honeysuckle can smell very wet and sappy to me, but this is dryer and creamier.

A fresh, tempered floral that wears close to the skin. I could see a baby smelling like this, or a pretty, shy woman peeking over a book and drinking her tea, or a fluffy brown bunny nibbling clover. Lovely.

Dandelion, grass, fur, and whiffs of honeysuckle and musk. This is a fresh, springy floral with warm fur and I flipping love this. It would be perfect for the spring. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant, I get mostly dandelion and honeysuckle. Once it's on, the dandelion and honeysuckle stay most prominent, with something sweeter and warm (but not foody) in the background, which I'm guessing is either the fur or the carrot note. Overall, it's a light, sweet, and green floral with good wear length and medium-to-low throw. I can see wearing this in warm weather as well as the fall, and might get a bottle to replace my soon-to-run-out bottle of Flor de Muerto, which has been my go-to when I want a fresh, non-overwhelming floral.

This was my favorite Weenie but it does have a spring vibe. I love the lab's dandelion note so much!

I am amping the honeysuckle but as it dries and fades, I think I can pick out a little sage and/or grass. It is pretty, delicate, joyful, youthful, and very Spring-like. I keep picturing an Easter hare, and I really like the message of hope it evokes.

Tried again 3 weeks later: now getting the warm fur and dandelion in the foreground, like an Indian summer afternoon in the sun. So lovely.

Edited by kscha2017
update

The Hare is beautiful.

It's a little sharp on me at first as the floral notes and herbal notes compete a little, with notes like the honeysuckle and dandelion vying for attention over the grass and carrot seed. It calms down after a few minutes as the warm brown musk smooths things over. I love honeysuckle and dandelion, and those two notes, along with the warm brown musk, end up being main players on me.

Smelling this makes me happy, and it makes me think of a bunny hopping through a field on a warm spring day.

It's not really an autumnal scent, but it is my favorite scent from the Lab Weenie update that I've tried so far, and I am thinking that I will need a bottle of this before it goes away. :heart:

Edited by doomsday_disco

First impression on skin: Soft grey and slightly creamy fur-musk among honeysuckle and dandelion.

After a few minutes: Add in some blended grasses and herbs. I get sage on a meadow background.

Settles into an herbal-green dandelion-honeysuckle musk.

This is spring-like, but I think I'll need it in a year-round box, rather than the spring or autumn ones. Then I can enjoy it anytime. 🐇

In the imp: A light, living, green scent. I'm definitely getting the dandelion and grasses, and I think the sage is making the whole thing aromatically instead of sharply green. Right now, there's only the barest hint of floral, and a pretty green floral at that. There might be a touch of warm fur, a la Coyote, warming things up, or that might just be me trying to smell the listed notes.

Wet: A sappy, heady, green scent. The honeysuckle is more prominent, and the dandelion is now greener and milkier. I agree that this is a very springtime scent, but I would also reach for this one during the sticky dog days of summer or on a cold, drizzly, gray day in winter, to remind me of what spring is like.

Dry: The sage and, to a lesser extent, the fur note, makes an appearance, but never edges out the dandelion/grasses. Ultimately, it settles down into a more aromatic/herbal, less sappy version of the wet stage. The honeysuckle, too, hangs around, albeit quieter and less heady than before.

I agree with previous reviewers that this is a springtime scent, but one that doesn't have to be worn in springtime.

Soft fur, sappy sharp greens, a touch of honeysuckle. Soft musk. Sweet and lovely for summer!

Edited by Cali

Honeysuckle, dandelion, and other greenery warmed by the sun.  a bit of fur and musk to round the scent out.

Beautiful for Spring or Summer.  I'm mad for this scent.

I'm actually surprised that this was a Weenie, because it could easily be a Luper. It's such a light yet complex meadow/grassy/floral thing! In the bottle: Grass and honeysuckle. On wet: I get tall grass (think a field of foxtail grass), crushed dandelions, and comfrey, with a little bit of warmth behind it. As it soaks in, more layers of florals and grass come to the front...think walking through an overgrown field or clearing in a forest. As it dries down further, I get a little teeny bit of a more sophisticated almost musky floral. End of day takeaway=honeysuckle and grasses, with a tinge of some kind of dry note. Stays close to the skin, medium wear length.