lonely field.”

And he said, “The joy of scaring is a deep and lasting one, and I
never tire of it.”

Said I, after a minute of thought, “It is true; for I too have
known that joy.”

Said he, “Only those who are stuffed with straw can know it.”

Then I left him, not knowing whether he had complimented or belittled
me.

A year passed, during which the scarecrow turned philosopher.

And when I passed by him again I saw two crows building a nest
under his hat.

– Kahlil Gibran

Corn husks waving on an autumn breeze, beams of amber sunlight, hay bales, and late summer wildflowers.

This is very pretty! I expected it to be fairly dry, but smells pretty creamy to me. Sweet and ambery, I don't get any hay and I can't say if I smell corn husks either. Three hours in and it's hanging on pretty well, which counts as fairly long lasting on my skin.

This smells sooooo much like a hollister cologne I used to wear in high school....except wayyy more rich and more dimensional.

If I take that connection away from this scent, this is so beautiful in its own way at the same time.

The wildflowers make it feel very seductive and darkly wisp

While the amber turns it into something slighly warmer

Would wear on a date

In the Bottle:

Dry, golden hay and sweet flowers (with a honey-like nectar quality). Surprisingly sweet but in a gentle way

On the Skin:

Ah, this is stunning. It's pale but warm and sweet as well. The flowers are very prominent but delicate. I am loving the lab LE florals lately. A honey sweetness underlays everything but it's not a thick sweetness, more like the sweetness of pollen with flower nectar.

On the Drydown:

I had high hopes for this one and it turned out way better than expected. The perfect floral to wear on those early autumn days which are actually still a little uncomfortably warm, but the world is starting to slow down and the light is golden. On the extreme drydown I would swear there is actually a little vanilla and nutmeg in the mix

In the imp, this mild and dry, with just a hint of amber.

Wet, it was...like stepping into a summer day, with warm breezes bringing you just a hint of grasses and tiny summer flowers.

Dry, the amber has warmed up, and for once, it does not powder out on my skin. I LOVE this. It's so warm and beautiful. It's like a breath of summer in the midst of fall.

Edit: I have been wearing this daily for weeks, and it continues to be a favorite. A warm, well-blended amber scent.

Edited by harmonyfb

Hay, wildflowers, autumn breeze and golden amber. This is a very golden afternoon sort of blend. It's got flashes of hay, wildflowers, and breeze wafting over amber. I bet this AGES phenomenally well. Medium throw and wear length.

This smells of sweet ozone and cologne to me at first. Not what I was expecting, but pleasant. Once it warms up on my skin, the fragrance deepens. I smell hints of vanilla and ambergris, though I'm not sure if that's in the perfume. It has a fresh, citrus, sweetness akin to white tea, but different, and though the cologne edge of the scent gives it a coolness, there is an underlying warmth, like shafts of sunlight on a chilly autumn day. It's a light scent, but it seems to be wearing well, as I've had it on for several hours. The ozone I smelled in the beginning isn't making this go soapy. It's very pleasant. Not something I'd wear enough to warrant a bottle, but I'll enjoy my imp. If you like white tea or airy wild flower scents, check this one out.

Like Poofie described, I get a creamy, sweet amber on my skin as the first thing. Alongside that I find hay, dried husks, and sunflowers. Mm.

In drydown, I find a fresh white tea note that brings an airy and cool feeling over the husk and sunflower amber base. 

Once this has dried, I catch a mild cologne that I think VetchVesper mentions. Soon after that, the blend as a whole dims to a skin-soft level. Later still, the cologne impression fades and my wrist is just softly sweet and ambery.

This was a certain bottle upgrade until I got to the cologne and quick fade-out of the perfume. Not really sure now, but will retest.

I'm starting to think the hay note doesn't love me.  Or maybe it was something in the wildflowers.  Either way, Scarecrow Turned Philosopher was lovely in the decant, warm and golden with florals just floating lightly around the edges, but became too perfumey on my skin.  Amber often spells old-fashioned, high-end perfume to me, but Scarecrow was higher pitched than the deeper gold ambers I groove on.  This felt very feminine and pretty, which just isn't my thing most of the time.  Wear length was average, and I didn't get much throw, which is normal for my skin.  

I get the corn stalks, hay, wildflowers, and what I am guessing is the breeze note in the decant.

On my skin, it's kind of sharp. The wildflowers mix with the corn husks and smell sharp and odd together, and it's greener than I expected. It becomes warmer with wear, as the hay and amber notes emerge and take up larger roles, but the wildflowers and breeze notes combine with the corn husks to give it this perfume-y vibe that I am not really enjoying. It's a unique Weenie for sure. Just not my thing.

This is stunning. Started off more atmospheric, dry grasses and hay with what smelled to me like chamomile and a touch of honey. I think that warm sweet honey scent was the amber which got stronger as it dried. It goes more floral as well and the grasses become a soft rustling. Very evocative of early autumn. 

On 10/30/2018 at 10:22 AM, zankoku_zen said:

Hay, wildflowers, autumn breeze and golden amber. 

And maybe a little labdanum?  

Soft faint corn and amber hay, surprising pretty sugary on me? I'm going to chalk that up to the amber. The wildflowers mostly read as grass to me, and they are staying in the background. I've seen this being compared to Corn Riggs, and they are a little similar. To me, Corn Riggs is stronger with a smoky note.

Enjoying, but since I've got a bottle of Corn Riggs I think I'll be fine without a bottle.

A sunny golden day distilled into a beautiful and fancy perfume. So many of these notes are my love, and I was hoping this Scarecrow would be hay-dominant on me. But I end up with a lot of the wildflowers, which remind me of broomflower in the context of the hay here. The florals explode on my skin. Beneath them, I totally get the chamomile and honey mentioned above. It's like an herbal tea, very comforting. But the sweet florals on top are louder and more bossy.

Okay, an hour later, they've calmed. Here, the hay emerges, a different kind of sweetness, a sun-warmed dried grass. Beautiful. I love this stage. The amber is a dappled golden color, with a drop of honey in it. This is the perfect sunny fall day. If you love the lab's golden amber, it's here and it's gorgeous. I am thinking of experimenting with Scarecrow Turned Philosopher in a scent locket to see if the florals are quieter there than on my skin, so I can spend more time with this hay and amber stage.

I would wear this while: feeling girly and autumnal