Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladymeag

Pumpkin Tobacco

Sweet black tobacco infused with dried pumpkin and soaked in bourbon.

In the bottle: YES PLEASE - this is Pumpkin French Tobacco.

On my skin: The pumpkin pushes the tobacco scent over into a warm caramel-like smell, which tones down the cologne qualities of the tobacco scent nicely. Warm, a little heavy, great for cooler weather.

On someone else in my house: Where French Tobacco goes super-sweet typically, this one holds down into a more moderately spicy tobacco scent with pumpkin. There's still a bit of that caramel sweetness but it's not overwhelming.

We actually argued about who will be taking more of this bottle and decided that a second might need to be purchased. :biggrin:

Do you have a type of scent that every time you smell it, your eyes roll back in your head? This is one of those for me.

I love the Trading Post's atmo spray of this last year so much that I bought multiple bottles. I was really happy to see it released in a perfume version this year. My initial thought is it's a bit sweeter than the spray. The pumpkin is more apparent. It smells more foodie than tobacco.

During drydown, it starts to morph, and the tobacco makes itself known. I feel like this is a sweeter tobacco than the spray.

Dry, this is very similar to the spray. Spicy, earthy, kinda chewy tobacco. Somehow oddly comforting.

Edited by Carrie

Tobacco, bourbon and a touch of pumpkin. This is mainly a tobacco-bourbon blend on me, with just enough pumpkin to make it autumnal. Medium throw and wear length.

So I was up late last night, huffing the crook of my arm in bed instead of sleeping, because this little beauty is just delicious. Pumpkin blends tend to be too foody and cinnamon heavy for me, but in this one, the pumpkin seems a lot more squash and a lot less pie. The tobacco is chewy and has a caramel quality, and there's a butteriness in the dry down that I suspect is coming from the bourbon that makes this fragrance delicious, but not quite food. The three notes balance each other well, and the dry down is a glorious blend of chewy, caramelly, buttery, spicey, woody, gourdy pumpkin on me, but I think it would be just as glorious on a man. I will be slathering my imp liberally until my bottle gets here, and I think this one will age marvelously.

This is the only BPAL pumpkin blend, besides Hoggle, that I could see myself wearing regularly.

Upon putting this on, I was very happy with how yummy it smelled on me since I'm not big on foodie smells, but my skin loves tobacco so I gave this one a whirl. 

There's not much I can say on the complexity or separate scents - because Pumpkin Tobacco smells exactly like Cap'n Crunch cereal on me. 

And that is why I bought a whole bottle at Lunacy so I could spend more nights huffing my cap'n crunch scented arm. 

My husband said this one smelled like honeysuckle and hay.  I told him it was called Pumpkin Tobacco, which he didn't take to because he basically hates pumpkin (winter squash, sweet potatoes, everything in that vein).  He's anti-tobacco, too.  So when I buy a bottle I will have to tell him it's Honeysuckle Hay.  

No pumpkin spice to this, just pumpkin, and while I'm not exactly familiar with dried pumpkin as a thing, imagine a slice of sugar pie pumpkin roasted until the edges are brown and caramelized.  Not from added sugar, just the sugars in the pumpkin itself.  Imagine that blended with bourbon and toothsome tobacco.   This is mainly a gorgeous sweet tobacco with the pumpkin and bourbon making it even richer and warmer.  Heaven.  

Mmm definitely sweeter than the atmosphere spray, and with no spice. Just buttery pumpkin and chewy tobacco.

This is one bad-ass Weenie. French Tobacco is here to wear a black leather jacket, swig some bourbon, kick some asses, and take some names.

It's so interesting to try to pick the pumpkin out of Pumpkin Tobacco, because this is such a roasty toasty scent without much sweetness or baked goods elements. This is almost like Gingerbread & Leather for me, like smelling blindly, I might have guessed there was leather in here. There's a woody component too, like an oak bourbon barrel. The bourbon itself leans a little woozy, but won't get you suspended at work or school, and doesn't seem to contribute any sweetness. The pumpkin itself is a savory roasted kind, like Pumpkin Seeds & Terebinth Pitch HG, and a little spicy, but chewy French Tobacco dominates the other notes for sure.

I too am getting a bit of butter on the drydown. It doesn't remind me at all of the Lab's normal buttery pumpkin a la Jack. But perhaps that is pumpkin's contribution as the other notes soften enough to let it speak in the blend. Or perhaps this shares a kinship with the Brown Butter Bourbon Cookie Yule! If so, the butter and bourbon is the only thing alike between them. Pumpkin Tobacco is a rugged masculine-leaning aura of spiced tobacco, phantom leather, barrel-aged bourbon, and some roasted pumpkin seeds. Will probably always keep my bottle, if only to see how this ages and how my relationship with French Tobacco evolves over time.

I would wear this while: shopping for a new leather jacket for fall, to evoke my highest Badass Self