Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
torikitty

It Was Folly to Grieve, or to Think

The external world could take care of itself. In the meantime it was folly to grieve, or to think.

Ginger-squeezed champagne with crushed diamonds, orange blossoms, and peach blossoms.

The orange and peach blossoms were calling me. I should have known better when it comes to champagne. It ends up smelling like a fancy cleaning solution on me. I get a hint of ginger, but the champagne really amps on me. I can smell the peach and orange blossom hanging out in the background, but I really have to take a deep whiff. This is such a clean scent, I think it would make a great atmo spray.

Coming back to this a bit later: the balance between the champagne and blossoms feels a lot more balanced. And it seems like it sweetened up a bit. Still not for me, though.

Fizzy champagne with notes of orange, peach, and ginger. If you love champagne blends, this one a whirl. Sweet, fizzy, fruity champagne. Medium throw and wear length.

I'll come back and do a proper review of this one from the bottle and wet, but after 2 hours on my wrist this has settled into a gorgeous, soft comforting floral scent.  It's like getting a hug from your favorite proper auntie that always smells nice.

Bright, crisp, dry champagne with a fruity citrus feel.  The ginger has a bite and reminds me of grapefruit.  I keep swinging back and forth on this one b/c sometimes it just seems harsh on me, and sometimes it's sparkling and fun.  This is in the wheel house of Bon Vivant, so if you like your champagne note front and center, give it a go.  If you don't - skip this one.  

Bright, fizzy, fruity-floral champagne. I love the Lab's champagne note, and it's definitely the most prominent note in this blend. The orange blossom is similar to the orange blossom note in Katherina, and the floral-citrus scent keeps the champagne note relatively dry and not overly sweet.

This one reminds me a little of Harlequin, but with a strong fizzy champagne note rather than the champagne grape. I like this, but since I have a bottle of Harlequin I'm not sure I need more of it.

Good throw and decent lasting power, but once the fizzy champagne fades it settles into a soft orange blossom scent primarily.

FIZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! of champagne in the bottle. I fucking love Beth’s fizzy note. Some lovely orange and then peach combine in the drydown to sweeten and soften the edges. The whole thing doesn’t last very long, alas — the Lab's orange note doesn't last long on my skin, so that may be just me. Lots of fun while it's around.

This is exactly as I had expected- a wonderful champagne of fizzy flowery ginger.  I don't know what the crushed diamonds are supposed to be and can't pick them out.  My favorite ever champagne is Champagne Lace, but this is also quite lovely.

this is delightful. i was worried that it would be soapy on my skin like fizzy jack o lantern, but this is much more like Bon Vivant in the bubbles are sweet and well balanced with the acidity of the ginger and peach. It settles into a soft cloud of tart fruit and a sweet floral note that stays away from "bathroom cleaner". I am so happy with the way this morphs on my skin. When i first smelled it in the bottle i dont think it had settled from the travel and it was SOAP with a hint of peach, but it stays tart rather than going soft and heavy into a "fake floral" scent. 

final verdict: ginger peach fizzy sweets (think tangfastics if youre in the UK) sat on some crushed orange blossom petals. YUM

Delightful! The champagne and the 'diamonds' give it an effervescent fizzy feel to the smell. That fizziness makes the ginger read as a nice ginger ale. The orange and peach are lovely and fruity, just a hint floral. More peach than orange. So it ends up reading as a fun and fizzy peach ginger ale.

In the decant, this smells like ginger-infused champagne with touches of peach blossom and orange blossom (more peach than orange).

Unfortunately, my skin chemistry turned it into a peach skin and floral champagne soap pretty quickly. Maybe it's something in the diamond note and orange blossom combining with the champagne, because I usually don't have trouble with champagne in a scent. It stays close to the skin, too.

It smells lovely in the vial, so I know this one is a skin chemistry fail.

This is an aged decant that I found in my ammo box while I was looking for something else and decided I wanted to try it. I love orange blossom, but it can turn pretty obnoxious on my skin so I tend to be a little cautious of them, Straight out of the imp, this is thin but effervescent ginger, which is presumably the champagne and diamonds - which I feel must include some kind of labdanum. The ginger gets stronger with time, but then so do the blossoms - but they're slightly powdery (as orange blossom does), especially on a deep inhale. I think I caught a hint of the peach early on, but it quickly goes away. At this point it smells like Mediterranean Tourist Shop Soap, and not really my thing.