Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RedPersimmon

Happy and Dauntless and Sagacious

But the Prince Prospero was happy and dauntless and sagacious. When his dominions were half depopulated, he summoned to his presence a thousand hale and light-hearted friends from among the knights and dames of his court, and with these retired to the deep seclusion of one of his castellated abbeys. This was an extensive and magnificent structure, the creation of the princes own eccentric yet august taste. A strong and lofty wall girdled it in. This wall had gates of iron. The courtiers, having entered, brought furnaces and massy hammers and welded the bolts. They resolved to leave means neither of ingress or egress to the sudden impulses of despair or of frenzy from within. The abbey was amply provisioned. With such precautions the courtiers might bid defiance to contagion.

Imprisoned in frenzied joy: ribbons of raspberry and red currant streaming through thick goats milk.

Wet: Same tart raspberry from Raspberry Sufganiyot mixed with red currant to give it depth. Deliciousssss.

Dry: Tartness calms down and now I'm getting a bit of the goat's milk to smooth it out. Still quite fruity.

Drydown: Becomes mostly red currant with the tartness of raspberry and a bit of milk with some goat-y nuttiness around the edges.

Very bright, moderate to strong throw and average longevity.

In the Bottle:

Tart raspberry with a creamy base but it's all about the raspberry in the bottle

On the Skin:

Softer raspberry, tempered by the creamy goats milk but still an awesome berry scent. As this starts to dry, it becomes less berry-forward and little more perfumey red fruit but still lovely. I was expecting the goat's milk to be more animalic but at the moment it's just creamy bit not as thick as full on cream.

On the Drydown:

This stays pretty linear on drydown, remaining a perfumey raspberry with a touch of milk. I thought this would have been creamier. I like it but hopes it ages well

I am not generally a huge fan of fruity smells even BPAl, but this is amazing. In the bottle it smells exactly like fresh, super juicy raspberries. Wet on my skin is about the same and dry still is very bright, fresh and juicy smelling. I'd like to have a bottle of this!

Strong perumed raspberries! This has some staying power. Very juicy (the 'perfumed' is ever so subtle) I do not detect any milk- whether that be musky, nutty, or pungent. The goat has pranced away!  This is all raspberry on my skin.

I'm going to apologize for this review, as it's likely not the most helpful.

This is the infamous perfume to end all perfumes, the one that keeps me up out of fear.

Overly sweet cloying fruit, wet dog/wet animal scent, and a tinge of spoiled milk. Even with generous hand-washing I still reek it's nauseating. 

My skin chemistry makes this terrible, far too much wet animal, far too much milk, and artificial sickly sweet fruit. At the time of editing this I still shudder, over two years down the line. Something about sheer animalistic spoiled milk with the berries sends this into full on olfactory chaos, and the way my skin amped this.....

Good luck to those of you who this works for, as for me this decant is going straight to the swaps and sells.

Edited by clockworkcrypt
I needed to be nicer damnit

Wet: Raspberry and a little milk! Milk and cream notes can go a bit plastic on me, so this has the chance to smell terrific or one of those 90's plastic dolls with fake fruit scents. Fingers crossed!

Dry: I may or may not have jinxed myself... but plastic 90's doll with fake fruit scent. BAH.

Very tart juicy red fruit. This is primarily raspberry to my nose, but it does have a touch of something else that makes me think "perfume" rather than just fruit.

I have terrible luck with cream/milk scents, although the goats' milk variants tend to be better, and this one fortunately doesn't go weird on my skin.

Good throw, fairly long-lasting, but it ends up a little simple when I was hoping for more cream! I've got other raspberry scents that end up more than just SN: Raspberry on my skin.

On me this goes on as a very soft Raspberry note. I'm not getting a ton of goats' milk, and the whole scent's starting to fade after only a few hours. I'll probably let this age a bit to see if it changes at all. It's nice and gentle and totally inoffensive. 

Happy and Dauntless and Sagacious is mostly about the raspberry and tart red currant on me, with some creamy goat's milk lurking in the background throughout wear.

It's very similar to The Harlequin from The Fool's Journey: The Magician, but with goat's milk in the background instead of a grassy vetiver.

Berry scents aren't really my thing, so I probably wouldn't reach for something this fruity, but I wanted to try it because it is a Poe scent, I'm a fan of the Lab's goat's milk note, and raspberry is a note that doesn't pop up too often. The scent matches its name, and it does smell like a realistic raspberry to me, so I am glad to have gotten to try it. :)

If you wish you hadn't missed The Harlequin and your skin chemistry doesn't hate milk notes, I recommend giving this one a try!

Raspberries and tart currant make this a luscious, fruity blend.  I'm getting a touch of cream, but this is mostly about the delicious fruit.  I've kind of grown out of fruity scents, but I'm *really* liking this.  I had a chaos Snake Oil that had this note in it, and I gave it up because I thought it was too similar to Australian Copperhead.  I regret that decision, but this is a nice substitute.  It seems a bit musky to me, it remind me of a Luper more than a Yule actually.  I like this, for a change, but I'll probably just use the imp on occasion, or put it in my body butters that I make.  It would make a great soap or shower gel scent.

Lots of tart fruit at the top. Mostly the raspberry here. It's very nice, fairly realistic. The red currant is a bit sweeter than the raspberry but a lot more mild overall. I get it on wrist sniff but not really in the throw.

The goat's milk is sort of tangy in a way as well. Borderline yogurty but not quite. It's not as tangy and has a bit of creamy sweetness to it that's more milky.

Overall this is a pretty nice scent, but definitely sour.

Oh my goodness. In my decant, this is tart and bright, with both the beautiful raspberry and red currants shining. On my skin, this smells like I took a fresh raspberry and just *smooshed* it against my wrist. It's tart and fresh and so realistic. This is my first perfume with goat's milk as a note, so I'm not sure what it smells like, but there's a very slight creamy nuttiness happening here that I'm assuming is the goat's milk. It's not the star here, but it's giving the tart fruits something to rest on. I like this a lot. It's very refreshing and simple.

I really like this! Creamy goat's milk and red fruits. The milk makes me think of a smoothie or some type of dessert. The raspberry is a lot stronger than the red currant on me; it's very tart. Reminds me of 2020 Aesthetic but without the cherry and powderyness it tends to get on me. But since I have a bottle of that, I'm probably not going to upgrade this decant. 

This is one of my favorite BPAL scents ever - I can't believe I hadn't reviewed it until now!

It's all juicy tart-sweet red berries, bursting out and up, swirled with luscious rich cream. The cream has a little hint of tang - like someone mentioned above, maybe a really nice yogurt, like Icelandic skyr? Just the edge of that, so it's not a *cream* note exactly - it's goat's milk! The whole scent's really lovely, milky and lush, mingling with juicy berries. Good throw, and decent wear time!

I wish I'd bought a second bottle, but I'm treasuring mine!