Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
melandie

Glare and Glitter and Piquancy and Phantasm

He had directed, in great part, the moveable embellishments of the seven chambers, upon occasion of this great fete; and it was his own guiding taste which had given character to the masqueraders. Be sure they were grotesque. There were much glare and glitter and piquancy and phantasm much of what has been since seen in Hernani. There were arabesque figures with unsuited limbs and appointments. There were delirious fancies such as the madman fashions.

Delirious fancies such as the madman fashions, arabesque figures with unsuited limbs and appointments: orris absolute and leather contorted by cherry and orange blossom.

I'm trying reeeeaallly hard to like this one, but feel it's a huge miss from my 2018 weenie order. I guess orris hates me. Usually BPAL's leather, cherry and orange notes work well for me, which is why I liked the idea of this one, but at the moment, all I get is SOAP. Very cheap hotel soap. In the bottle I get the faintest whiff of cherry over it, but on my skin it's obliterated.

I've had my weenies a few weeks and already the other ones have shown signs of settling and developing into lovely scents, but this one hasn't changed for the better...yet. I'll put it aside for a few months. Unfortunately, it has immense staying power, so washing it off is tough :ugh:

Orange blossom, orris, and a whiff of leather. This is a somewhat soapy orange blossom with a drydown of leather. So, leather cleaner? Medium throw and wear length.