Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

There was much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust. To and fro in the seven chambers there stalked, in fact, a multitude of dreams. And these the dreams writhed in and about, taking hue from the rooms, and causing the wild music of the orchestra to seem as the echo of their steps.

A blackened lavender mist, thick with opoponax, licorice root, and benzoin.

ahhhhh this is one of those scents that's just so perfect, I can start circulating a conspiracy theory that beth made it just for me.

lavender and licorice===the hottest dream pairing of 2018?? those two beautiful notes play and blend and support each other so well that they are my new blueprint for #relationshipgoals. the lab's opoponax is one of my favorite resin notes, and it adds its magical richness to this blend. with the name and the lavender, I had anticipated wearing this as a sleep blend, but instead it's become my go-to scent to wear out and about. this blend is one of those "little black dress/favorite jeans" perfumes that has me smelling elegant in any situation from fancy to casual. prob my favorite bpal licorice perfume. thank you, labbies!

Lavender over a base of licorice and benzoin. It smells darker than just lavender. It's lavender and an inky resin on the bottom. Medium throw and wear length.

Very nice. This lavender and licorice combo reminds me quite a bit of Baku, but the resins darken this up and give it a hint of sophistication. It's not very long lasting on my skin though. 😕

ETA - This has settled a bit, and it feels much darker than it did originally.   Still a bit of Baku, but definitely a heavier, dark feel from those resins.  Very moody.

Edited by VetchVesper

Licorice is not really my thing, but Poe and lavender are, so I had to try this one.

This starts off with a lovely lavender note backed by the licorice root. Although licorice and I are not friends, this isn't as strong as the licorice in Baku is on me, and I find the licorice root to be milder than anise is on me. I do not get the cola-like quality that I usually get from opoponax, but I am sure it must be present, helping to darken the scent. It ends up being all about the lavender and benzoin on me after several hours of wear, like it's a dark, yet sweet lavender haze... which fits the name perfectly. :)

I already purchased every scent with lavender in it from the Lilith updates, so I am telling myself that I do not need to upgrade to a full bottle of this one, but it was much easier to tell myself that when it was in its lavender and licorice root phase. Fortunately, I still have time to let this rest some more, retest it, and decide! I'll definitely hang on to my decant, though.

Trying lavender blends is bittersweet for me.  They are always so beautiful when wet, right before my skin gobbles up the lavender.  I do love licorice, opoponax and benzoin, so A Multitude of Dreams was a must-try.  It starts out on me, predictably, with a lot of lavender, some licorice, some syrupy oppoponax and warm benzoin.  Just as predictably, the lavender doesn't last on my skin, and unfortunately, the licorice also becomes very faint.  So I get a lovely deep opoponax and benzoin drydown with a hint of licorice and a bare whisper of lavender.  If the opening persisted on my skin longer than 30 minutes, I would own a bottle of this, but sadly my skin tends to obliterate lavender. 

After settling in for a month, I love this perfume even more!  Thick, luscious resins under a drifting breeze of licorice and lavender. Good throw and excellent longevity. 

A Multitude of Dreams was a last minute decant circle leftover add-on that I tossed into another order for something to keep it company.  I certainly never expected it to become my surprise hit Most Favourite Scent of 2018 Winner.  Annemathematics was right - it really IS " one of those 'little black dress/favorite jeans' perfumes that has me smelling elegant in any situation from fancy to casual "  Right from it's smoky wispy intro, to it's pointy lavender edges, and smooth sweetened resin exit - this scent is SUBLIME.  I roll my eyes back into my head everytime I wear it.  I only wish I hadn't blown my holiday budget before I discovered this gem, otherwise I would have been able to stockpile it. 

:thud:

Edited by rawgirl75

I love this and i am not normally a lavender person. Like i like the idea of it, but it can be too strong and astringent for me. But let me tell you, as other reviews have noted, the combo of lavender and licorice is 👌.

The lavender is p strong in the bottle but when freshly applied the licorice comes out more strongly, and they work SO fabulously together. As soon as this starts to dry the vanillic benzoin is coming out, and this smells exactly like sweet sleep hg. Unfortunately just like that hg the herbally notes burns off first, quite fast, and then it's a powdery vanilla myrrh-benzoin. Both parts are lovely, but if i were to wear this out i would def bring some along for re-apps

starts with a blast of lavender, quite herbal and to my nose cologne-like. 

as the lavender dies down, the licorice root twines up around it.  it's definitely a rooty, herbal licorice, my favorite kind.  it sweetens up the lavender a bit, while bolstering the herbal feel. 

as this gets all settled in, the resins finally come out to play, but quietly.  that big bold lavender is now merely a whisper, and the licorice is mia.  soft and herbal, with murky resins whispering underneath, a touch of powdery.  this ends uo surprisingly low throw on me, riding close to the skin. 

i don't dislike it, but i don't love it.  i was hoping for a bit more sweetness, i think.  this feels like a sleeping potion, something applied with intent rather than worn for pleasure.