Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
MourningVeil

A Young Boy and His Brother Seated on a Goat

Christoffel Pierson

Polished mahogany, copal resin, Java sandalwood, teakwood, and Sumatran patchouli.

Mmmmmmm... This might be the one... The one I've been searching for.

Do not let the name fool you, this is the scent of a grown man. Smooth, dark, devastatingly beautiful. High Lord of the Night Court? This is his skin.

I love me a gloriously androgynous perfume, and this one is dangerous. A slinky pool of darkest silk on inky polished floors.
Well blended, with that silky smooth patch leading, or is it the deep polished woods giving the patchouli such a dark silky gleam? I couldn't say. But it's good.
The throw is pretty small on me, but that makes it all the more devilish.

A scent to make my hetero fiance question why the 'masculine' scent he's huffing on my wrist is pulling him closer for more.
A scent to cause confusion from every straight girl within arms length, "I smell hot guy."... ITS ME, but I am no man.

A unisex power scent for all the Darklings.

In the Bottle:

Polished wood is right - smooth and slick with sweet patchouli

On the Skin:

Copal jumps out immediately and I love copal! Sweet smooth wood and patchouli. It reminds me somewhat of Novel Ideas for Secret Amusements without the creaminess.

On the Drydown:

This is a darkened version of El Dorado. It's all gleaming dark wood and golden copal with enough patchouli to add some earthiness and keep it grounded. Glorious and will age spectacularly. Worth getting a couple of backups to cellar

This is amazing! It's a sweeter, darker Cathedral, which happens to be one of my favorite GC scents. This has the same woodsy incense base, but then the sweet patchouli and copal make it deeper, fuller, and adds a real refined touch. This is wonderfully blended, these notes all meld together into a woodsy heaven.

Teakwood, mahogany and sandalwood. This smells like a polished warm wood and dirt. Medium throw and wear length. 

Sweet patchouli and dark teak on a stage of other woods. The patch is earthy enough to give the blend texture against the smoother woods.

As this dries, mahogany nudges forward, just enough to be known, and later I find hints of copal, but mostly this relaxes into blended woods.

This is woody, and its mood is more that of a large indoor hall than the wooded wilds.

This is a gentle, warm, dark, wood blend.  There's a mellow patchouli up front, and something sort of sweet like berries in the dry down.  I have no idea what's giving me that vibe.  It still smells masculine to me, just... with dark berries or something.  :think:  Mahogany can be acrid with my chemistry, but this is behaving itself.  This lasts a while on me, leaving a soft dusting of sandalwood.  I think this would be really lovely on a man.  Sort of understated but refined.  I think a woman could easily pull it off too, but it's not really the kind of scent I wear.  Glad I got to dry it though.  

Edited by VetchVesper

A Young Boy and His Brother Seated on a Goat is lovely dark woods on me.  The teak does go a little sweet (I suspect it may be what is giving VetchVesper berries -- teak can turn almost cloying on my skin at times), but it's not unpleasant.  The patch is warm and earthy but not at all of the stinky hippie variety.  There's something very elegant and restrained about this scent, like a very exclusive wooden furniture shop.  Totally gender neutral.  No throw (which is normal for me) and average wear length.