Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Sweet Oakmoss, White Sage, and Chaparral

Every leaf tells a story.

This one i s mainly a sage and chaparral blend with a whiff of oakmoss and dead leaves. The dead leaves is more present on wet, but dries down to a sage/chaparral blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Smoky sage. Nothing identifiably oakmoss, and I don't know what chaparral smells like on its own. Mellow, slightly sweet, easily masculine if someone leans that way.

The sage does not smell like chicken on my skin!!! I repeat: THE SAGE DOES NOT SMELL LIKE CHICKEN ON MY SKIN!! Whatever Charparral is..it's fabulous. It blends so well with the sage and dead leaves that it leaves a light unisex scent to enjoy. I really like this one. I think I need a bottle.

I went to Chaparral Elementary School, and still think of the plants as almost synonymous with southwest Calif landscape. I love seeing it as a listed note, and enjoy the desert-y plant scent I get from it. 

This blend goes on me very soft, but I get smoky sage, a sweetness, and chaparral, in about that order. That smoky sage... Mm.

But the sage loses its smoke quickly. Then, in drydown, the sage mostly fades (weep), and I start to read the oakmoss in that sweetness. The dead leaves also appear.

So, this was a sweet, smoky sage and chaparral blend when wet, and sweet oakmoss, dead leaves, and chaparral when dry.

I like this blend, but it's short-lived and so skin-soft on me, I'm not sure about a bottle. There's time to retest.

I want a long-lived smoky sage blend so, so much.

ETA: I was just looking at chaparral stuff, curious because chaparral itself is a plant ecosystem rather than a single plant. I found a few sites mentioning that what's sold as "chaparral extract" is actually from creosote bush. Not sure if creosote is what note this is, but thought it interesting, so sharing.

Edited by Casablanca

This is gorgeous. The sage plays nicely, there is a smoky sweet quality to this and I LOVE IT! I need a few more decants to fill my partial.