Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
forspecial_plate

Dead Leaves, Magnolia Champaca, Ambrette Seed, Peru Balsam, and Sugared Chestnuts

Every leaf tells a story.

The first thing I notice is that this scent is STRONG, and I think it gave me a scent headache when I first tried it. I do like it, though.

For a few seconds it smells like soap, right when I first put it on. That feeling fades a bit as it dries. This is a very strong nag-champa-like incense scent. It does have a borderline soapy aspect, but I have always thought that nag champa smells a little soapy, so that fits here. This scent doesn't really change much over time. The leaves note is present and I think it combines to amp up the incense feeling. I really can't pick out any sugared chestnut, except for possibly a hint. I have a feeling this scent needs to age and settle down a bit. It does smell a bit like Midnight on the Midway, but stronger. I imagine wearing this in the summer but I'm weird like that. : )

This smells like magnolias, chestnuts, and a whiff of dead leaves and incense. This one is a complex incensey/dead leaves, but I get mainly magnolias over the dead leave incense.

For me, that's a mainly floral slightly creamy scent! The magnolia note is really strong! No Chestnuts unfortunately. It feels like laundry detergent to my nose, which I don't like!

No comparison to incense or nag champa. I think I'll keep my decant to see how it ages though.

Was gifted an empty of this, with a little bit left in the bottom. Opened it to sniff, fumbled the cap and got some on my hand, just a tiny bit. This is some potent stuff, that drop lasted half the day! On me this is primarily sugared champaca, no sign of the dead leaves or chestnuts. It's a very rich, cozy floral incense. If I didn't already have several champaca scents in my collection I'd be on the lookout for a bottle with more in it!