Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Blackberry, and Red Patchouli

Every leaf tells a story.

I get mainly juicy blackberry over a dirty dead leaf note. So blackberries, dirt, and leaves. Medium throw and wear length.

Dirt, blackberry, leaves. Ripe juicy blackberry and it doesn't go rancid on my skin. It's nice. Just not for me.

This was my favorite of the dead leaves that I tried. Very nicely balanced between the three notes. None of the notes overwhelms any of the others. Still, the dead leaf note just doesn't work on my skin at all.

For me, this was all about the tart blackberry.  There's a hint of sweet, red patch in the background, grounding things, but I would have actually preferred this to smell a bit earthier.  There isn't a dirt note, but the dead leaves smell dry and crackly, like a forest floor.  It comes out sharp and strong, but quickly softens.  No green cologne note in this Dead Leaves.  This is nice, but it's not really me.

Folks who like the idea of a dry, tart blackberry might want to check this one out.  The fruit is present, but I wouldn't call this "fruity," and it does feel very fall.

Edited by VetchVesper

I have a sad face. I expected the blackberry to burst with succulent juices. Unfortunately, it's so muted and so far in the background. Even the dead leaves don't smell like the usual note the Lab uses up to the point of me wondering if they are any dead leaves in here. The blend warms up in time and the red patch slowly blooms envelopped by the blackberry shy tartness, but doesn't really tick my fancy, regardless how hard i try. ☹️

Edited by theredkilt