Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Upstart Crow

Pomegranate Grove: Dorian

[No additional description provided.]

Mercy! I'm the first to review a Dorian scent?!

This just arrived this morning, so I haven't given it time to settle yet. But I couldn't wait to try it and review it, because I love Dorian and I love pomegranates.

Unrested, this is very much the tea-and-vanilla Dorian we love with a very red, very sweet pomegranate blanketing it. As it dries down, I get more of the vanilla and tea. Wonderful take on the blend, and while I think Frostbitten Dorian will always be my favorite Dorian of all, this is a close second. I'll update when it's had time to settle.

Wet: Juicy, tart pomegranate backed by Dorian's lavender.

Dry: Musky lavender comes forward, pomegranate calms down a bit. Massive throw.

Drydown: Still-juicy pomegranate becomes slightly more floral. Dorian breaks through. Fruity, tart pomegranate and lavender-vanilla.

I declare this the winner of Weenies '18!

**ETA: Tested this again two weeks later and the pomegranate has softened quite a bit. Cotton candy-lollipop Dorian at first, which dries down to soft, musky lollipop Dorian.

Edited by RedPersimmon

Pomegranate plus with a touch of Dorian. The Dorian is overwhelmed by the Pom in this for me. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: Pomegranates and Dorian. The pomegranate is strong, but the lavender from Dorian is pretty strong as well.

Dry: Pomegranate + Dorian. The strong lavender from the wet stage faded, and this is pretty evenly split with the pom and Dorian now.

Out of all the Pomegranate Grove scents, this is the only one I'm considering a full size of. Winner!

This iteration of Dorian has a smokey pomegranate vibe about it. After it settles, it reminds me of Swank. I get no sweetened lemon tea or fougere on my skin, just musky pomegranate.

Lots of pomegranate, especially to start with, but calms down into a fruity dorian, and ends up in a vanilla-tea with a HEAVY dose of pomegranate thrown in.

This has gotten better in the two months the decant has been here, and I expect it to be better with age, but it is nothing that I feel I need a whole bottle of, though I do think hardcore fans will love this in the summer. 

I'm editing this. Past me was a stupid fool. I bought more of this. I really enjoy this, it might be the summer weather, or maybe it's the age but I've come into a love affair with Pomegranate, and for anyone else sharing this infatuation, the dorian really lends an interesting aspect. It's still pomegranate first, but it's a rather lovely simple little scent. 

Edited by clockworkcrypt

The pomegranate in this is dark and borders on bitter but also syrupy sweet? Something in this smells very dark and syrupy almost like honey or dark chocolate with pomegranate fruit. I get the muskiness of Dorian and a hint of sweet vanilla tea but no herbal lavender yet. It doesn't really smell like Dorian to me!