Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Pomegranate Grove: Alice

[No additional description provided.]

Pomegranate is a note that can be hit-or-miss on me, but Alice is one of my top favourites, so I had to try this!

This is mostly juicy, slightly sweet pom mixed with carnation. There is a hint of the honey-milk sweetness underneath, but the scent doesn't really say "Alice" to me. The throw and staying power are moderate right now, but I'm hoping settling and aging will improve everything. Overall though, it is a pretty scent.

Honey-milk and pomegranate, with the carnation being MIA. It's not really Alice to me, its a honey-pom milk. Medium throw and wear length.

This is Alice on MSG, for me. Basically Alice with mucho staying power. I normally dislike pomegranate, so I'm very surprised that I absolutely love this. Getting a bottle. :wub2:

I agree with zankoku_zen; this doesn't really smell like Alice to me. To me it's like a sweet, candy pomegranate note + the honey and milk of Alice. I don't really get any florals. In my experience, though, Alice, new, smells nothing like aged Alice (the flowers definitely get stronger!), and I think pomegranate starts with a tart and plasticky vibe that it doesn't end up with, so I was expecting to put this away for a few years anyway.

Wet: This smells like a candied version of Alice. It's not reading as pomegranate to me, just more like Alice + hard candy.

Dry: Alice's carnations have drowned out the pomegranate somehow. This is like.. a stronger, slightly sweeter version of the normal Alice? 

I think this is nice, but I'm disappointed that my skin ate the pomegranate.

There's good amount of pomegranate initially. A juicy fruity smell. It does fade quickly though, leaving behind just the plain Alice.