Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

We all love to go to Ren Faire, and they have a zip line there. If I remember correctly, it is one ride for $5, $20 for 5 rides, and $40 for unlimited rides for all day.

Lilith gave me her best, “Dad, I love you and I would like to do the $40 all day” face – big eyes and all – and how could I say no? Long story short (too late!), we rode the zip line so many times that the operators knew our names. At least this year, my naughty bits did not suffer as much.

This photo is one of my favorite photos from the last year. She looks so confident, tough, and sure of herself here, while I look like I just survived twenty zip line rides. She makes me so proud to be her father.

Pirate’y rum cookies, hay bales, leftover bits of funnel cake, and Renaissance Faire patchouli.

I groaned so loudly when I sniffed this that the whole room started laughing. Yeah, it's THAT scent. Glorious and evocative of what?... YES, it's a wholesome version of Halloween in Las Vegas. It’s so good. It’s that grounded sort of foodie scent that I like, it has a lot of depth and morphs a lot. Starts off with rum cookies, and funnel cake, and the hay and patch just ground it so beautifully. It’s a Weenie disguised as a Fatherhood. Get it!

A marked improvement over last year’s zipline. This is swarthy, and encapsulates the picture pretty well. A little smoky, a little dusty, a little boozy, a little sweet foodie. Something nutty, but hard to define. Reminds me of a warm day at the Faire.

So if you want something to go with your Honey Maple Hot Toddy HG, this is it. I think I like this a bit better though.

I'm initially blasted with butterscotch caramel. It's sweeeeet sweet sweet but pretty yummy. A little later, something like a hint of apple starts to emerge. This reminds me of caramel apples on the breeze more than funnel cake. The last faze of this is the one I like the best. The hay comes out, and there's a mellow, airy patch that makes this less tooth ache inducing and grounds things. The hay and the patch is where this becomes officially Renn Fair and less Country Fair. This is a bit too foody for me, but it's a fun scent. I'd love it as a fall candle.

Yes, a huge hit of butterscotch, making my stomach ache and my mouth water, simultaneously. To my surprise and delight, this reminds me of a stickier, warmer Miskatonic U on my skin!

The scholars are enjoying Irish coffee in the common area, but I've managed to smuggle some rich decadent cake into the stacks, munching down while I research. Oh no, I think I hear the librarian approaching! *huddles behind a paper to cover sticky hands and face*

I think I want a bottle.... Especially if the sweetness tones down some after time, then I might feel less guilty. ^_^

Wet: I'm not sure what I'm smelling, but my nose curled up when I sniffed this. Not sure why, but something in this is reminding me of The Other Miss Forcible.

Dry: Okay, the scent has calmed down enough to where I can finally pick some things out.

Agree with previous reviews; there's something in here that smells like butterscotch. Combination of the rum cookies and funnel cake, maybe? Or just the rum cookies themselves? Not getting any of the hay or patchouli. There's something a bit sickly sweet about this, which is putting me off. (Surprising, since I love both foodie and sweet scents.)

Overall, not for me, but glad I tried it!

In the decant: I get tons of sweet butter rum cookies, which makes me worried with how strong and sweet the rum note is… when this first arrived, I could smell the patchouli in the vial, but I don’t smell it any more now that it has had several days to settle.

Wet: Butter rum like whoa. More butter rum than cookie. I get a bit of a powdered sugar-covered funnel cake behind it, and some warmth from the hay. But mostly, BUTTER RUM. The patchouli starts to peek out after a few minutes, but it resides in the background with the other notes.

Dry: Once the butter rum calms down, this ends up being a wonderful sweet patchouli scent! It’s a nice patchouli sweetened by the rum cookies and powdered sugar-covered bits of funnel cake. I love the powdered sugar note so much! The hay continues to add warmth to the scent in the background.

Verdict: Undecided. I do not like the intense butter rum, but once that calms down, I am all about the sweet patchouli scent that remains. I will probably end up keeping the decant but passing on a bottle, but I’ll retest it in a few weeks just to be sure.

I loved last year's Zip Line; this one sounded too foody for me. But I added it to my decant order after the first two reviews, hoping for a nutty sweet patchouli scent. Sadly, on my skin the patchouli and hay are missing in action. Lots of very sweet butterscotch rum candy and funnelcake, no patch. Zipline Part II reminds me a great deal of Grog (and when I want to wear Grog, I'll wear Grog). I don't know why my skin has it in for the poor defenseless patchouli, but yeah, this one's too foody for me. But foody lovers who are worried about the patch should give it a try!

Zip Line II is rum candy and funnelcake with a whiff of hay and patchouli. It's a great gourmand scent. Good throw and wear length.

I was so looking forward to this scent, because I was suuuuuuuper excited for the hay and patchouli and funnel cakes.

I get none of that. Not a drop.

Have you ever wondered "Where has all the rum gone?"

Well, wonder no more, because it is in Ziplines Pt II.

Now, I like rum, and all of the exotic notes that a good rum can have, and this has them. This is all the delectable aged  rum you could ever want - plus a barrel or two of sugar.

So much sugar, in fact, that there is no doubt that the 80 proof bit of the rum has burned off in the creation of an all-ages friendly dessert. 

The hay and patchouli and funnel cakes were obviously absconded with after their ship was overtaken by a dread pirate captain  - a pirate that just happens to be a little girl. Who also insisted that the crew create a sugary dessert out of all that rum, or else walk the plank! And then we shall eat the dessert before dinner! YARRRR!

tl;dr version: all sugared rum all the time, like a shot of sweet courage. Maybe my decant was missing some components?  This is still pretty yummy.

Edited by crimescenecleanup