Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Back in 2016, we had made plans, a bit premature as it turned out, to travel to Washington D.C. to see the first woman sworn in as president of the United States of America. It was not to be, but we Barrials are nothing if not flexible. Along with some our best friends, we decided to travel to the Capitol to protest the vile man that is ruining our great country.

A year later, she rode my shoulders again at the first anniversary of the Womens’ March in Los Angeles.

With my beautiful daughter on my shoulders, we marched, we shouted, we made our voices heard again.

Truth will prevail.

A scent of power and courage for my daughter: sweet milk and cardamom with vanilla pod and nutmeg.

Warm, spiced milk. Very soothing, ultra-comforting. This would make a perfect bath oil for bedtime.

In The Bottle: Oh. My. G-ddess. Take everything delicious and creamy about Love's Philosophy, and add some spiced chai latte into it. THAT is the smell emanating from this bottle.

Wet On Skin: The milk has shifted, becoming less cream-like but more like the milk note found in some other beloved Lab creations, such as My Baby and a Baby Goat. The spice notes are holding firm, which is lovely.

Dry Down: Soft, sweet and comforting. As Ina mentioned above, a good bedtime scent! It has low throw, stays close to the skin and because it's full of unobtrusive mid-notes, I'm betting this is going to layer brilliantly with many other scents- SO glad I got a bottle! :wub2:

That man came to my city today. It was a good day to test Truth Will Prevail.

Vanilla and milk notes can both be hit-or-miss on me; the former in particular tends to be either very lovely or very candle-y (even BPAL/BPTP's sophisticated vanillas, to my great chagrin) on my skin. I'm happy that this combination seems to be working for me so far. My impressions are similar to VioletChaos's thoughts above: I smell like a vanilla-heavy chai latte. It's a very cozy, low-throw scent at the moment; I'm hoping to get a bit more spice as my bottle settles, but it'll still be pleasant and comforting if that doesn't happen. Truth will eventually prevail... in the meantime, I'll be here in my olfactory blanket fort.

Edited by bibliophile

In the decant: Sweet milk infused with vanilla pod and cardamom!

Wet: That’s what I get on my skin as well. The sweet milk is the first note to emerge, followed by the vanilla pod and spices. The sweet milk and cardamom end up being the main players on me. It smells like a warm chai latte with a layer of frothy foam on top!

Dry: It gets sweeter on me as it sits on my skin, and the cardamom calms down after a while, so that it’s a sweet milk and vanilla pod scent accompanied by some light nutmeg and cardamom.

Verdict: I really enjoy this and wish I had gotten a bottle of this instead of a decant. It’s so nice and comforting! Since the scent was taken off of the website early, I bet bottles will be hard to find, so I will cherish my decant and wear it whenever I need some comfort. :)

ETA: I ended up cobbling enough decants together to make a partial in the original bottle. :wub2:

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the bottle: yummy creamy chai-like goodness which is my favorite scent ever!

Wet: Still creamy and spicy though I am a lover of strong spice scents so was hoping for more powerful spice though it is still really nice.

Dry: Milky notes all seem about the same on me once dry so here I lose all the spice but hoping with age the spice intensifies. It’s really nice regardless and not too strong which is nice because I need a lot of subtle options due to working in an office where strong scents are discouraged. I imagine this will be a favorite for me.

Wet: Uhoh. This is coming off rather like plastic + cardamom to me.

Dry: Unfortunately, the only change from the wet stage is the plastic scent has amped on me quite a bit. Too bad.

Milk/cream scents have a tendency to turn plastic on my skin, so YMMV!

Awesome, milky chai. The throw is pretty low, though. Sweet, vanilla goodness on the skin. This actually reminds me of Harigata II a lot, just less coconut.

Edited by Carrie

On me, this is stekk with cardamom. Cardamom is strong when first applied, but dissipates down to become more balanced with the vanilla and cream after a bit. It's a love child between steak and whatever that harvest one from the empress was called (that I didn't get but ALMOST did) in my noses opinion.

This blend reminds me of a Russian variety of boiled milk, called "Baked Milk". It is made by simmering milk on low heat for eight hours or longer, until it is coated with a brown crust. This give the milk a creamy color and a caramel flavor. Truth Will Prevail is exactly this beverage and is oh so gourmand!!!

I wish Truth Will Prevail worked on my skin as it does for all the previous reviews! All I get is cheap vanilla candle, not even a spicy cheap vanilla candle. It's not a bad smell, but it's not interesting enough for me to keep my decant. Merr..

This makes me think of a chai latte crossed with a vanilla candle. I am getting both the chai spices and a ton of vanilla. It's creamy and very vanilla like. Good throw and wear length.

I love cardamon, and this does not disappoint.  Sometimes it smells more like cinnamon, but it is not the case here.  It has a creamy vibe, which reminds me of an original Chai Latte, which I had the pleasure of smelling when an Indian nurse made some at work.  Though I love this to bits, I'd probably enjoy it more as a room fragrance.

Truth Will Prevail is yummy and comforting.

The milk note is dense and creamy. It reminds me of sweetened condensed milk, with lots of vanilla added.

The spices are soft and well-balanced, and don't overwhelm. 

Sadly, this went out of stock by the time my decants arrived, but I s'pose it's one less bottle to worry about overspending on. 🤩

I got a sniffie of this as a frimp in a recent swap, just enough for a tiny skin test.  Oh my.  Because so few bottles of this seem to have been produced, I suspect this is going to be one of those scents going for three figures on eBay before many years have passed.  It's a beauty.  Sweet creamy vanilla with cardamom and freshly grated nutmeg, super cozy and reassuring.  I got low throw (normal for me) and less than average wear length, but I'm not surprised given the small bit I was sampling.  Could truth possibly prevail again next year, Beth?

Wet: I loooove cardamom, so I could not pass up trying this, but milk hates me and that is all I am getting here. Blarg. I can't even smell the cardamom. I get tiny hints of nutmeg, but am amping the milk like crazy - and milk notes often smell sour on me so it's not pleasant. It seem to be settling a bit over time though, so maybe there is some hope...

Dry: Dries down much the same, all milk with only hints of spice. Not for me!

Coconut and cardamom on me! Usually cream+vanilla turns into coconut on me. I was worried because it smelled strange in the bottle but it's really nice on the skin. It's youthful and a bit beachy; a yellow polka dot swimsuit (not bikini) in the sun. Searching for the nutmeg and not finding any! Not a "spicy" scent at all.