Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sometimes I wonder how Lilith views me.

Am I the authority figure?

Her goofy playmate?

Am I the father that drives her all over Los Angeles?

It appears that I am the skinny three-fingered man. I believe that she captured me perfectly. Don’t you?

Red and white musks, orange blossom, neroli, and sweet vanilla amber.

This was the biggest disappointment for me because I love vanilla amber, I love white musk and I LOVE orange blossom. This came on like a NEROLI party. The orange blossom came and left pretty quick, and the rest of the guests didn’t bother showing up.

In The Bottle: I get a hint of the red musk found in Smut and Red Lace. I also get wafts of neroli, which I love.

Wet On Skin: Neroli is taking the lead, which I'm not at all objecting to, since it was the primary reason I was interested in trying this scent.

Dry Down: The amber is coming out a bit now, acting as a sweet base note, but it also seems to be going powdery, like myrrh, which is making me nervous. The neroli and orange blossom are hanging on, but went from being front and center to being something of a background whisper. The musk has becoming a little sharp on me, reminding me of some of the very early BPAL scents, like Chokmah or one of the Enraged animal Musk scents. I'm going to give it more time to settle, because I can't decide yet if this is a scent for me or not...

Wet: this is herbal and tangy. It feels like orange medicine. I would not assume this smell would come from those notes.

Dry: the Amber comes out more. The tang recedes to the back. I dont feel like the musks are immediately apparent. Wafting up from my arm, I get warm orange juice. A direct sniff smells much different.

Edited by Carrie

Ton of red musk, amber and neroli. I am definitely amping up the red musk in this blend. Musky, ambery, neroli. Good throw and wear length.

The combination of notes intrigued me here. I'm getting red musk at first, and neroli in the background. After a bit, this fades into practically nothing, which is OK, as I'm kind of into fleeting scents these days.