Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

If there is one thing that my loving daughter has learned from me, it is to always be humble in victory.

The scent of shameless gloating: sparkling honey and a hint of salty biscuit.

I may go back for this one, too. It’s the smell of a clean baby chewing on a teething biscuit. Just precious!

This is interesting! I was hesitant because I usually amp honey. Wafting, Im reminded of a super sweet version of Goat milk, oatmeal, and honey. But then, babies were mentioned above, and now thats in my brain.

Getting in closer, it smells more magical. Its definitely going sweeter, like applesauce. The salty biscuit is balancing the honey really well, and doesnt do the weird, gross spit smell it normally does on me. I can see this being too sweet for most people, but theres a beauty in the simplicity and balance.

Edited by Carrie

Okay, so you know how there’s “floral vanilla” and “foodie vanilla”? The Lab/Post definitely has “perfumy honey” and “foodie honey.” This is the foodie honey, which is too wet and cloying for me. Not getting any of the salt or biscuit.

In the decant: Lots of honey, with a hint of something else, not sweet -- but it's also not strong and is fleeting.

On my skin:

Wet, ZOMG! It's wildflower honey! I am a fan of honey. I am a fan of the Lab's honeys. This is by far my favorite incarnation of honey. As it dries, every once in a while, if I sniff close to my skin, I get a whiff of what could best be described as baking powder biscuits -- but the throw is still all honey. And that's where it stays. 

I will admit that the baking powder biscuit is not my favorite element of this blend, but as I have to stick my nose in my skin to get it -- with all the rest being glorious wildflower honey -- I am just not going to worry about it. ;)

Sportsmanship is pretty much all honey on me.  I got it because I am interested in the salt note, but it's minor and fleeting here.  And it's not one of the honeys that is particularly good on my skin.  

This is 99% honey with just a hint of salt that's fleeting. I get zero biscuit from this.

My boyfriend thinks it smells like Germany, because when we were traveling around Germany at this time last year, I had packed bottles of Luvmilk's Kitsune Royalty shampoo and conditioner for us to use on the trip. And now anything with that honey note reminds him of Germany. This is all about that sparkling, floral honey.

I just wish I got some of the biscuit.

I got this in a mystery imp pack, and I love that I have it but hate that I need more than an imp of it😂 The honey is really sweet and I LOVE it. I'm also just thrilled and relieved that my skin chemistry is playing nicely. Some floral notes within the honey come out as it dries down, and I do catch a touch of salt. There's something that reminds me of the rubber of a hockey puck, lol, which is on occasion called a biscuit 🤣 Otherwise I don't pick up anything that reminds me actual biscuits. It was going strong for a few hours, and then faded gracefully, but I can still get a delightful whiff of that sweet honey and a pinch of salt. There is something that reminds me of a clean baby powder in the dry down.