Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I dont have much to say about this photo except it was Liliths first time in Chicago, her first time to see it snow and her first time catching snowflakes.

I love her dearly.

Coconut snow, wolly lavender, and the rosy glow of my love for her.

The label says Snowflakes in Chicago. Last minute change so people wouldn't eat it?

Slushy snow note we are all familiar with. And there's something clean and warm, which works for the woolly lavender. I can smell the coconut if I think about it hard enough. Its not overpowering at all. I think its a sweet, minty snow with warmish lavender in the background.

Edited by torikitty

Fresh from the mail box (that it appears customs opened).

In the bottle: Minty (maybe spearmint?) soft snow. There is something underneath it that is softening the snow note but what I can’t tell.

Wet on skin: Still minty soft snow, though if you sniff hard there is an underlayer of creamy coconut.

Dry on skin: The mint really mellows out and I think my skin eats most of the fragrance away. The creaminess comes through at this point but it is very faint.

Overall: This wasn’t what I was expecting at all as I was hoping for another scent to go in my sleep scents box due to me being a lavender fiend, but I can’t really smell the lavender at all (this may be the snow/mint note). There was no rose at all on me which I was really worried about as I tend to amp it like crazy. I will give the bottle some time to rest and see if that makes any difference. Should be a good winter day time scent for me though.

In the bottle: Slushy snow note! Aww, I was hoping it would be the sweet snow note with that coconut snow descriptor.

Wet: I’m greeted with a blast of bright, slushy snow. So that means it’s citrus-y (perhaps due to an astringent white tea note) and pine-y, and I’m not really getting any lavender or rose at this point, and I don’t get the mint that the other reviewers are getting.

Dry: The slushy snow continues to reign. I get some lavender now, but it is buried beneath the slushy snowdrift. The lavender does have a wooly feel to it. After about two hours, I get a hint of the coconut, but still no rose. The scent does have a warm glow to it, but it feels like a light resin is creating that vibe -- I keep thinking sandalwood. I prefer this phase of the scent, as it isn’t just Slushy Snow SN on me.

Verdict: This is not what I was expecting from the description (I was hoping for Pink Snowballs with lavender), and while it is pleasant, I feel like I have too many scents with this snow note that I don’t reach for often enough. So I may have to let this settle some more and maybe do a deathmatch to see which snow scent gets to stay in my collection. Maybe the snow will calm down as it has more time to settle.

Coconut snow, whiffs of lavender, warm wool and a touch of rose on the drydown. On wet, it reminds me quite a bit to Snow White, but then the lavender and wool starts to pop through. Medium throw and wear length.

Strong snow note at first.  I find it's more of the Ice Queen type of snow note, more aquatic to me, like wet snow.  After it dries a bit, the coconut comes out more, and now it kind of smells like Snow White to me.  I'm not getting any lavender or rose, just slightly coconut snow in the end.

My decant reads "Snowflakes in Chicago."  This doesn't smell like Snow White 08 (the only one I've tried) to me, nor do I get mint.  I feel like it's a more aquatic, ozone-y snow note; the coconut is subdued on me.  Trying lavender blends is always a little tragic for me since they come on with an initial blast of lavender which my skin eats up almost immediately, but this one sticks around to a surprising degree.  In fact, while I usually get very little throw from anything, I get a lovely amount of snowy lavender throw from this.  It's an interesting blend of chilly and warm notes as the wool emerges to balance the snow, and I'm liking it much better than I expected.  

Wet

Snowflakes in Chicago to me is sharp but not unpleasant lavender, minty snow, and a blanket.

I am somehow reminded of Puppet Kitty, which is one of the few scents ever I didnt like, due to its realism of being a plushie.

At this stage, this a bit too stubborn to be one of my sleep scents.

Dry

Once dry, it goes to more "blanket", now with a hint of citrus and now finally a drop of coconut.

And veeery far away, a sweet rose (I can only identify it because I know it is listed). 

I like it, and its a very good blend for me, despite not being surprising.